Facelift Software recall for DPF

Reaction score
Hi all
Recently found out about outstanding Recall affecting 2.0 tdi's regarding the diesel particulate filter (Mine 2.0 150 CRLB 2017) . Apparently released in 2020, been trying to found out little more information on this software update from Audi they sent me the folllowing.

Further on from our phone call, here is the information you requested for the recall due on the Audi A3.

It is a software update for the engine control, as there is a possible chance that it may not detect diesel particulate filter (dpf). The diagnostic error relating to the diesel particulate filter will be corrected and a correction value for the warm-up phase relating to the NOx storage catalytic converter will be implemented in the software. This allows for the continuous ageing process of the NOx storage catalytic converter and stabilises emissions that occur even as a result of thermal ageing.

Anyone remember having this software date done and if had any issues after or advised not to get it done.

Cheers
Dan

Yes it was done on my 2.0 tdi when the car was in for a service. Must admit I’ve noticed no difference!

Reactions: dantdi
2.0 tdi 150 2016.
How do I determine if I require this update?
Does a remap cause any issue?

Give Audi a call ask them to check with your reg or Vin.
I'm pretty sure if you have a remap and get the software update it will over write it.
You will lose your remap as update is for engine control unit.