Softtop weather protection

Reaction score
Yesterday in the hammering rain, I handed over hard earned cash to buy an Audi Convertible...I am starting to wonder whether I should have gone for the coupe! The car is great and in good condition for its age; the roof is sound with no leaks but I just haven't had a chance to open it yet. Today I thought I would leave the car at home and make the 1 hour walk to work to get some fresh air; guess what?...yep its sunny...typical!

Anyhow, with all the rain we had yesterday, i couldn't help but notice that the fabric was absorbing the rain rather than repelling it. I am sure this is ok since the lining was totally dry, but is there a product I could use to further protect the roof?

Cheers

I just bought a cab and in the exact same position as you, although i drove yesterday looking at the sun through the work windows.
Left and it rained!!

I used Gtechniq i1 on the hood as it seemed good on detailing world.
Interior Coatings // G|Techniq

I don't think i have applied enough as they say you should paint it on, i just sprayed it on, however the sides bead the water good.

I am redoing it this week. Note you will need to order the 500ml, they also said clean it with the W2 cleaner so grab some of that too.

It is a little expensive, but says it will last a year!!