So what's on your cars Christmas list ?

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
As per the thread title any car related pressies heading your way this Christmas ? Car mats, valeting products, tools or whatever ...... ?

Missus keeps asking me what I would like so need some ideas otherwise it defaults to socks, pants and pyjamas lol !!

batch

VWR600...

Daveotto

Staff member
Considering Audi Beam but might just leave that until I get a service done

Will certainly leaving hints and tips on some detailing stuff in Prep for post winter spruce up...Gtechniq stuff most likely

Also thinking about one of those tyre sealant kits in case of a puncture as it should save the hassle of a wheel change should you get a flat.

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Some great ideas so far - keep them coming ...

Like the dash cam idea only other idea I had was for some sort of cheap laptop/tablet to run VCDS on rather than lugging a 2.5Kg laptop inside the car with me.

Like the Audi Beam Dave very easy to fit and loving the new Avatar BTW !!!

Wondering Soul

Cleaning stuff for me, likely Gtechniq as well. Larger SD card for my dash cam and a VWR600 is on the want list as well..ha

RO65ERS

I'd like a set of mats. the poem ones aren't the most durable on the market.
the turning lights in the headlight, great feature, but with the nice colour of the xenon bulbs up front, they come on all orange, i think i want to change the bulbs to something more 'cool' in colour.

RS3 style grill - thats a top priority
private reg

and then the modification parts for performance, but i won't touch any of that till someone releases a map!

will i get any of those...probably not, i have a wedding to finish paying for!

Oh, VCDS, id love VCDS!

Wondering Soul

Yeah VCDS would be a good choice, forgot to mention that!

RO65ERS

i need some new detailing products thinking about it. I've spent most of today cleaning her using up the ends of most products...

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
I'd like a set of mats. the poem ones aren't the most durable on the market.
the turning lights in the headlight, great feature, but with the nice colour of the xenon bulbs up front, they come on all orange, i think i want to change the bulbs to something more 'cool' in colour.

RS3 style grill - thats a top priority
private reg

and then the modification parts for performance, but i won't touch any of that till someone releases a map!

will i get any of those...probably not, i have a wedding to finish paying for!

Oh, VCDS, id love VCDS!

Hope you've been a good boy all year that's quite a list lol !!

Simon L

Gold Supporter
Black & Decker car vac for me coz the missus is truly p1ssed off with me nicking the dyson!! ;)

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Black & Decker car vac for me coz the missus is truly p1ssed off with me nicking the dyson!! ;)

Great idea Si - must say compared to the outside my interior doesn't get much attention although I do put leather conditioner on the seat bolsters every month. Need to master Jassy's flop method reckon he should put a YouTube video up !

Simon L

Gold Supporter
Got one of them (18v flexi Dust buster, I think) last Xmas and does the job pretty good

Cheers Dave, the reviews are really good and whilst I don't expect it to have the suction of a dyson it should do well enough :)

Rob, yeah we need that video evidence mate, come on J let the dog see the rabbit!! lol

G-S3

Downpipe
VWR600
Stage 2 map

Not sure if I've been a good boy this year! Soon find out.

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
everything has changed...

i have just heard that APR is releasing the new ecu map anyday now...looks like I'm going stage 2 for christmas!

That would make a nice pressie ;o)

What downpipe you going for ? - presume this is still required for APR stage 2.

RO65ERS

That would make a nice pressie ;o)

What downpipe you going for ? - presume this is still required for APR stage 2.

i want a full system anyway, i like the OEM sound but i want more, so a full decat, non res and valved from Milltek looks like my preferred choice!

Simon L

Gold Supporter
You guys can go APR stage 9.................won't help you.............................can't touch the supersonic sedan!! lol

Daveotto

Staff member
Cheers Dave, the reviews are really good and whilst I don't expect it to have the suction of a dyson it should do well enough :)

Yes is not a dyson but does the job and is far better at getting in the nooks and crannies...oooo misses

Simon L

Gold Supporter
Yes is not a dyson but does the job and is far better at getting in the nooks and crannies...oooo misses

How much horsepower does it add though Dave, got these pesky APR stage boys breathin down me neck?!! ;)

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Got one of them (18v flexi Dust buster, I think) last Xmas and does the job pretty good

Just checked it out on Amazon - looks good.

Misread Cyclonic for Colonic so was a bit worried there for a mo .....

Simon L

Gold Supporter
Just checked it out on Amazon - looks good.

Misread Cyclonic for Colonic so was a bit worried there for a mo .....

I'll take extra care squatting down when I'm using it Rob!! lol

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Lol new meaning to crevice cleaning attachment !!!!!!

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Jassy Grinch here....**** Xmas....lol not going to spend another penny on her...really l ain't,still got the dent on the passenger door...that will be fixed after the winter is by with,but she's had all she's going to get from me.....l just want another car asap....sorry to Reindeer on your parade/thread..Rob

Simon L

Gold Supporter
Jassy Grinch here....**** Xmas....lol not going to spend another penny on her...really l ain't,still got the dent on the passenger door...that will be fixed after the winter is by with,but she's had all she's going to get from me.....l just want another car asap....sorry to Reindeer on your parade/thread..Rob

The-Grinch-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-31423260-1920-1080.jpg

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
....... Reindeer on your parade/thread..Rob

Lol love it ..... sounds like you've hit a rut and need to explore your relationship a little more so this could be the ideal opportunity for some loving maybe some edible ....oh er sorry mind went off at a tangent then me old fruit.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Lol love it ..... sounds like you've hit a rut and need to explore your relationship a little more so this could be the ideal opportunity for some loving maybe some edible ....oh er sorry mind went off at a tangent then me old fruit.
Rut =mid>life crisis lol time running out and all that stuff yeah could be lol am on a mission come the new year lol

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Rut =mid>life crisis lol time running out and all that stuff yeah could be lol am on a mission come the new year lol

Sounds like an exclusive paint job could be heading your way soon mate ?? ......

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
i want a full system anyway, i like the OEM sound but i want more, so a full decat, non res and valved from Milltek looks like my preferred choice!

That will be a beast !!!!! If I ever drop a new pipe on mine think it'll be a Scorpion had a good look at one at the VAG tuning show last month - build quality was epic!

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Opti-Coat Pro Plus

Sounds like a vitamin but just watched the video have to say the beading is ridiculous amongst the best I've seen - good call !

Simon L

Gold Supporter