SO WHAT are you doin' with all this Coronavirus 'free' time?

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Just spent an hour setting up my 7-speed (retro) gear mech' and rear brakes (it is an original 80's Orange Aluminium Elite - one of the first aluminium frames (tis what you have being OLD!): be out riding SOLO soon over Hednesford Hills (be swapping for off-road rubber, obviously) for sure...

Happy Hour 2

Happy Hour 1
Not on the Audi, obviously, tsk....

Sorry, garage tidy is next on the list... :blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza, Charlie Farley and CHEZ
Just waiting for the transplanting: cucumber and tomato seeds are going maddddddd - 7-days from sowing and they're up and wanting to go:

Happy Hour 3

WHAT are you guys doing sans Audi?

Reactions: Kelza and Charlie Farley
Nothing yet.....Bit hard when you're a key worker.

Reactions: DaveW, martin1984, voorhees and 2 others
Just spent an hour setting up my 7-speed (retro) gear mech' and rear brakes (it is an original 80's Orange Aluminium Elite - one of the first aluminium frames (tis what you have being OLD!): be out riding SOLO soon over Hednesford Hills (be swapping for off-road rubber, obviously) for sure...

And what's that I see, a cassette player on your shelf, if so and it you use it, you are not alone.:icon thumright:

Reactions: 45bvtc
And what's that I see, a cassette player on your shelf, if so and it you use it, you are not alone.:icon thumright:

If I don't use it then for sure it don't belong and/or stay in the garage, Rob...

The 'copilots' frame is next to be sorted - with appropriate graphics please note: summer is a coming...

Copilots bike

Reactions: rasA4, Kelza, Pinky1959 and 1 other person
I'm still working 6 days a week , but not today , well sort of as i'm in the loft trying to regain some sort of order up there.
I really must deal with all this surplus technology , just uncovered a pile of laptops that I don't use anymore, it will just get bigger so best recycle them now.
I may be in the loft for some time, just keep finding great bits and pieces long forgotten about.:yahoo:

Loft1

I've been working from home for the last 5 years, so there is not much change for me.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sandra
Just found a 1928 copy of the Oxford Pocket Dictonary , maybe worth few pennies.:yahoo:or not:haha:

It maybe worth more than a few pennies.:icon thumright:

Reactions: RS3copilot and 45bvtc
Back to loft now, I maybe gone sometime..lol

Just found a 1928 copy of the Oxford Pocket Dictonary , maybe worth few pennies.:yahoo:or not:haha:

Uncovered a 1944 (just and I mean 'just' before I arrived) NEWNES Rob...

Newnes 1 Newnes 2

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Broke my ankle in 3 places so been housebound since well before the lock down. Got tons of stuff I could have been getting on with, all going well I've still got over 4 weeks of rehab but I'm demented already TBH.

Attachments

• IMG_2070.jpeg
    IMG_2070.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 162
Reactions: 45bvtc and Charlie Farley
Broke my ankle in 3 places so been housebound since well before the lock down. Got tons of stuff I could have been getting on with, all going well I've still got over 4 weeks of rehab but I'm demented already TBH.

Best excuse yet, Steve....

Reactions: SteveMcB and Charlie Farley
Been watching stuff on Disney plus and playing all my games consoles. Did give the cars a clean as well this week.

Getting a tiny bit bored now. Not sure how the unemployed can do this full time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Charlie Farley and 45bvtc
Start doing jigsaws chap, and the old really big ones with steam trains and seaside theme's, the more pieces the better, it will consume a fair few hours and days.

My old granny was a big jigsaw person, proper jigsaws aswell, probably where i picked up the jigsaw thing.:yes:

Loving that old orange! @45bvtc
Proper bikes are orange cycles.
I was looking forward to going out on mine, but alas, now I have been grounded for 12 weeks.
So may aswell wax that aswell! :whistle2:

Coronavirus= wax the feck out of everything

Reactions: pburv, 45bvtc and Charlie Farley
Detailed the daily wheels off all inner arches cleaned
Wheels washed and waxed in side and out
Car cleaned

garden fence painted, shed to be done this week

paint is on order for the bedroom and downstairs toilet

few bits ordered to work on the car with mainly the wrapping of some trims !

also got a few hedges etc that need a trim

wish I was back at work life is so much simpler

Reactions: RS3copilot and Charlie Farley
Detailed the daily wheels off all inner arches cleaned
Wheels washed and waxed in side and out
Car cleaned

garden fence painted, shed to be done this week

paint is on order for the bedroom and downstairs toilet

few bits ordered to work on the car with mainly the wrapping of some trims !

also got a few hedges etc that need a trim

wish I was back at work life is so much simpler

Oh garden fence good one, on the list

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Rich76
Mostly garden and house stuff for me too, thought I'd be the last person to have green fingers but it's actually quite satisfying.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
And I don't even have winter wheels lol

I'm not a designated key worker but I can work full time at home, and am doing so. That means my free time for doing stuff is still the weekends (although that'll improve a bit with the clocks going forward) and this one just gone continued the trend of ***** weather after a working week of glorious sunshine when I was stuck at my desk.

Loving that old orange! @45bvtc
Proper bikes are orange cycles.
I was looking forward to going out on mine, but alas, now I have been grounded for 12 weeks.
So may aswell wax that aswell! :whistle2:

I applaud your excellent taste in and knowledge of bicycles, CHEZ
5187.gif

Orange Elite

I still have a 1992 Orange brochure in pdf form if you'd like...

Reactions: CHEZ
Mostly garden and house stuff for me too, thought I'd be the last person to have green fingers but it's actually quite satisfying.

Just made mini-greenhouse(s)s for my lettuce and radish; mega easy with any box and clingfilm plus a soil mix (soil mix is usually peat or compost, soil, and either vermiculite or perlite for water retention) and ALL still available on-line:

Mini greenhouse 2

Mini greenhouse 1

Get growing edible stuff... :yum:

Reactions: DieselJake and Charlie Farley
Just made mini-greenhouse(s)s for my lettuce and radish; mega easy with any box and clingfilm plus a soil mix (soil mix is usually peat or compost, soil, and either vermiculite or perlite for water retention) and ALL still available on-line:

View attachment 200045

View attachment 200046

Looks like a Blue Peter special..:icon thumright: , sadly I don't have any bagdes to hand out though.

Looks like a Blue Peter special..:icon thumright: , sadly I don't have any bagdes to hand out though.

Double check that loft, Rob; maybe stuck in one of granny's old jigsaws, ya'll never know in her day what that girl was up to.... :blush:

For years my sister and her husband never saw any Star Wars films and have now decided to watch them all and see what the fuss is about.

20 mins into episode 1 they called me moaning about Jar Jar Binks and asking if this guy is in all of them . I said just bare with them and ignore Binks as it will get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, 45bvtc and Dunedin

View attachment 200045

View attachment 200046

I’ve just sown some beets and tomatoes, I keep the tomatoes inside for a month and then replant them outside.

I decided to clean my oven.
Now when I turn it on it trips all the electricity.
£200 that episode just cost me.
Hate this diy/coronavirus/ boredom

Reactions: Dunedin, Charlie Farley and Raiden
Busting to go out on mine @45bvtc
17972e7fbd2c1ca79837b5b8a5850160.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Built RS3copilot's Muddy Fox to a similar 'retro' spec a couple of years back:

P1020397x

100% Audi graphics of course...

Reactions: CHEZ and Charlie Farley
Probably not upto you guys spec but here is my old steed.
Not used it for years now so still looks like new, self built as I knew what I wanted.

worked really well unlike my knees which failed some time ago.
Bike 2

Reactions: 45bvtc and CHEZ
As everyone's posting here's mine:
MVIMG-20180909-173952-2.jpg

Cheap Argos alloy frame with a thousand watts and and forty eight volts, total death trap at the speeds it gets to.

Hasn't seen much use within the past year as since had electric scooters mostly for portability reasons.

This is my other death trap, even less brakes haha, won't appeal to everyone but love them both for different reasons and they're both a blast to ride.
IMG-20170816-084530.jpg

Not a good day frankly, managed to blow a seal in my tractor's back-actor spool valve, hydraulic oil all over the place inc me :sadlike:, looks like first job tomorrow will be biggy then.

I work for the M.O.D so still need to work but off today so will be out washing the car later.