So the S3 has moved on...

Jimbob76

Roof Rails Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a post I expected to be making anytime soon, I had planned to keep the S3 for the long-haul. But then COVID happened and I don't need to commute - working from home has become a long-term reality (which the dog is super happy about - the wife less so, lol). The car just hasn't been used enough to justify the money tied up in it - I've put just 2,500 miles on it in the last 18 months. It's become too much of a cosseted queen, sat pristine under it's fitted dust cover in the garage, and if I need to pop out, I invariably reach for the keys to the wife's MINI Cooper, rather than pull the S3 out of the garage. I've been toying with the idea of moving it on for a couple of months, and I've hesitated, because I love the damn thing - it's an awesome unicorn spec model, a great all-rounder and I've loved my time with it. But cars need to be used and enjoyed.

So having had an Autotrader ad prepared and ready to go for the last fortnight, I pulled the trigger last night and posted the ad at 9pm. I tried to get the right pricing balance between sensible and ambitious and in less than 24 hours, it's sold and gone, at full asking price. Feeling slightly melancholy as it's been a fantastic, well-loved car that has helped create some amazing family memories, but it was the right thing to let it go.

The used car market is so ruddy strong at the moment due to the chip/semi-conductor shortage creating massively long lead times for new cars, and that has influenced my decision to sell. It''s meant that I've been able to sell the car for just £3k less than I paid for it, 3.5 years ago. As depreciation on a newer car goes, that's not too shabby.

I've been lucky that the chap who has bought it (Lee) was a proper gent - an arrow as straight as they come. No mucking about with silly offers - a fellow Audi-nut a few years older than my middle-aged self who has owned some interesting Audi's in the past (including a couple of TT-RS's and a B7 RS4 Avant). He instantly recognised what a great car it was, offered me full asking price and collected today, less than 24 hours after I posted the ad. I'm feeling good that it's gone to a good home, and apparently it's first mission is a month long European tour through France and into Spain, starting on Sunday!

So what's next? Haven't made my mind up yet, but looking forward to the research (all suggestions welcome and please post 'em below - would love to see what you come up with, I'm genuinely open minded!). Gonna be a one car family for a couple of months while I source the next monster. Sorry to see my trusty steed go (and may have some anxiety dreams tonight, lol), this is the first time since I was 17 (a long time ago) that I haven't had my own wheels, but very happy with the residual value I've taken out of it, and that it's gone to a good home where it will be appreciated and used.

A few of my fave pics of the old girl...

Goodbye 2

Goodbye 3

7b

And the finale shot of her being driven away (it is a very weird thing, seeing someone else drive your car)...

Goodbye

Keep those exhaust tips shiny people, and if it's ok with @Sandra - I'd quite like to stick around on the forum, even if my next whip doesn't end up being an Audi. Over the course of the last 3.5 years I've loved being on here - it's massively added to the Audi ownership experience. Thanks in particular, in no particular order to the following members who I've enjoyed bantering and sharing opinions with... @NevMan, @jassyo06, @V6_Man, @Bristle Hound, and many others, you know who you are. Gents, one and all...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, s3mad_dude, JohnM100 and 8 others
Not a post I expected to be making anytime soon, I had planned to keep the S3 for the long-haul. But then COVID happened and I don't need to commute - working from home has become a long-term reality (which the dog is super happy about - the wife less so, lol). The car just hasn't been used enough to justify the money tied up in it - I've put just 2,500 miles on it in the last 18 months. It's become too much of a cosseted queen, sat pristine under it's fitted dust cover in the garage, and if I need to pop out, I invariably reach for the keys to the wife's MINI Cooper, rather than pull the S3 out of the garage. I've been toying with the idea of moving it on for a couple of months, and I've hesitated, because I love the damn thing - it's an awesome unicorn spec model, a great all-rounder and I've loved my time with it. But cars need to be used and enjoyed.

So having had an Autotrader ad prepared and ready to go for the last fortnight, I pulled the trigger last night and posted the ad at 9pm. I tried to get the right pricing balance between sensible and ambitious and in less than 24 hours, it's sold and gone, at full asking price. Feeling slightly melancholy as it's been a fantastic, well-loved car that has helped create some amazing family memories, but it was the right thing to let it go.

The used car market is so ruddy strong at the moment due to the chip/semi-conductor shortage creating massively long lead times for new cars, and that has influenced my decision to sell. It''s meant that I've been able to sell the car for just £3k less than I paid for it, 3.5 years ago. As depreciation on a newer car goes, that's not too shabby.

I've been lucky that the chap who has bought it (Lee) was a proper gent - an arrow as straight as they come. No mucking about with silly offers - a fellow Audi-nut a few years older than my middle-aged self who has owned some interesting Audi's in the past (including a couple of TT-RS's and a B7 RS4 Avant). He instantly recognised what a great car it was, offered me full asking price and collected today, less than 24 hours after I posted the ad. I'm feeling good that it's gone to a good home, and apparently it's first mission is a month long European tour through France and into Spain, starting on Sunday!

So what's next? Haven't made my mind up yet, but looking forward to the research (all suggestions welcome and please post 'em below - would love to see what you come up with, I'm genuinely open minded!). Gonna be a one car family for a couple of months while I source the next monster. Sorry to see my trusty steed go (and may have some anxiety dreams tonight, lol), this is the first time since I was 17 (a long time ago) that I haven't had my own wheels, but very happy with the residual value I've taken out of it, and that it's gone to a good home where it will be appreciated and used.

View attachment 242376

View attachment 242377

View attachment 242379

View attachment 242373

And the finale shot of her being driven away (it is a very weird thing, seeing someone else drive your car)...

View attachment 242378

Keep those exhaust tips shiny people, and if it's ok with @Sandra - I'd quite like to stick around on the forum, even if my next whip doesn't end up being an Audi. Over the course of the last 3.5 years I've loved being on here - it's massively added to the Audi ownership experience. Thanks in particular, in no particular order to the following members who I've enjoyed bantering and sharing opinions with... @NevMan, @jassyo06, @V6_Man, @Bristle Hound, and many others, you know who you are. Gents, one and all...

@Jimbob76, that must have been a sad sight seeing your immaculate S3 drive off, roof box and all. Lee got himself a cracker there, but quite rightly had to pay a premium . The market is mad, sold our MCS after 18 months and 6k miles, and for about £1500 less than paid for new. How about a cheeky JCW? Not biased but I have a JCW countryman on order coming end of month . Thanks for the nod too

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jimbob76
@Jimbob76, that must have been a sad sight seeing your immaculate S3 drive off, roof box and all. Lee got himself a cracker there, but quite rightly had to pay a premium . The market is mad, sold our MCS after 18 months and 6k miles, and for about £1500 less than paid for new. How about a cheeky JCW? Not biased but I have a JCW countryman on order coming end of month . Thanks for the nod too
Cheers Nev - the new owner has picked up one of the best examples in the country, I’m convinced of that. I’m on board with being a MINI fan-boy and love driving the missus’ manual gearbox ‘17 plate Cooper (pics below) - it’s an absolute hoot to drive, even in the base spec we have - a proper go-cart. A second MINI isn’t gonna tick the box though, we’ve already got that one covered. Looking forward to seeing pix of the new JCW Countryman later this month mate. I‘m assuming you’ll be applying the full @NevMan new car detail process when it arrives?…

2E75E4C4 BA6E 4D72 8568 3E346BF748F3
1B5F588C EC92 489B 9C07 16FD318A09D3

Reactions: Jcbmally, V6_Man and Jassyo06
Cheers Nev - the new owner has picked up one of the best examples in the country, I’m convinced of that. I’m on board with being a MINI fan-boy and love driving the missus’ manual gearbox ‘17 plate Cooper (pics below) - it’s an absolute hoot to drive, even in the base spec we have - a proper go-cart. A second MINI isn’t gonna tick the box though, we’ve already got that one covered. Looking forward to seeing pix of the new JCW Countryman later this month mate. I‘m assuming you’ll be applying the full @NevMan new car detail process when it arrives?…

View attachment 242387View attachment 242388

Most definitely will

Reactions: Jimbob76
Know exactly how you're feeling right now mate even though my TT is faster and a bit more fun to drive l still miss my Voodoo Saloon it felt more personal to me and more rewarding to detail ...hate to tell you this but you'll miss yer Daytona for a long time....lol it's a peach of an example.. as for getting something to replace it...only do this if its absolutely necessary....wait till the car market becomes more stable l could sell my TT for £2k-3k more than i paid for it so I'd have £13k back in me pocket great in theory but l aint doing it because of the Uber lead times on a certain car but l will be keeping the mileage down on the TT only doing 120 miles a month instead of the usual 270 ...but if it's any consolation l think you've done the sensible thing mate l too was lucky that my S3 was bought by a nice gentleman...and it was surreal watching him away in it, he resides in Bristol so nae chance of me seeing it on the roads round my way lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, V6_Man, Jimbob76 and 2 others

View attachment 242376

View attachment 242377

View attachment 242379

View attachment 242373

View attachment 242378

I bet it was hard watching your pride and joy drive away :cry: but with prices as good as they are it makes total sense .
I am currently considering cashing in on my S3 as its paid off before the bubble bursts .

Reactions: AlS3BE, Jimbob76 and NevMan
I bet it was hard watching your pride and joy drive away :cry: but with prices as good as they are it makes total sense .
I am currently considering cashing in on my S3 as its paid off before the bubble bursts .
Judging by the prices on autotrader I am very tempted to cash in as well.
there’s some fairly base spec cars of similar age to mine going for £30k and mine is the BE with tech pack should fetch a premium above that.
just can’t decide what to get into next, not many cars tickle my fancy.

Reactions: V6_Man, Jimbob76, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Know exactly how you're feeling right now mate even though my TT is faster and a bit more fun to drive l still miss my Voodoo Saloon it felt more personal to me and more rewarding to detail ...hate to tell you this but you'll miss yer Daytona for a long time....lol it's a peach of an example.. as for getting something to replace it...only do this if its absolutely necessary....wait till the car market becomes more stable l could sell my TT for £2k-3k more than i paid for it so I'd have £13k back in me pocket great in theory but l aint doing it because of the Uber lead times on a certain car but l will be keeping the mileage down on the TT only doing 120 miles a month instead of the usual 270 ...but if it's any consolation l think you've done the sensible thing mate l too was lucky that my S3 was bought by a nice gentleman...and it was surreal watching him away in it, he resides in Bristol so nae chance of me seeing it on the roads round my way lol

Still can’t believe it happened so quickly. Your words of wisdom on waiting for the market to settle down make total sense to me. I might wait until next spring before jumping into something new.

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
I've put just 2,500 miles on it in the last 18 months. It's become too much of a cosseted queen, sat pristine under it's fitted dust cover in the garage, and if I need to pop out, I invariably reach for the keys to the wife's MINI Cooper, rather than pull the S3 out of the garage. I've been toying with the idea of moving it on for a couple of months, and I've hesitated, because I love the damn thing - it's an awesome unicorn spec model, a great all-rounder and I've loved my time with it. But cars need to be used and enjoyed.

lol that's less than me, 4 years old next month and sitting @ 11,700 mile :p If we had a second car it would be gone (wife doesn't drive so!!!).

Yeah as you say it's a great time to sell, my offer was updated today £21,717 I paid under £18,900 for it last October at the end of the pcp.

I remember when my S3 was being driven off, I thought "Ohhh it's nice, wish I'd kept it". Even to this day I wish I had kept it, my miles dropped right down after selling that and buying this A5, the S3 I would take out for a blast just for fun, the A5 gets used when it needs to be used! Next car will have the fun factor again, hopefully the GR86 will fit that gap.

Problem buying new now is the wait times, I got quoted 9 months for a BE TT the other week!

Reactions: V6_Man and Jimbob76

View attachment 242376

View attachment 242377

View attachment 242379

View attachment 242373

View attachment 242378

Glad you had a trouble free sale it’s definitely a sellers market right now, I can’t believe how mad the prices have got. A friend of mine in the trade reckons we are reaching / have reached the peak of used prices as production is apparently set to pick up towards the end of the year / early 2022 which should have an impact.

Lots of people have done similar and sold, I got rid of my S5 after being offered much more than I paid for it about a year ago, like yourself working from home I just wasn’t doing the mileage to justify keeping it. I’ve been sharing an 8V A3 for the past few weeks and haven’t really missed it, bit of a difference to an S car that I’ve become used to but for in town journeys it doesn’t matter how much bhp you have when you’re doing upto 30 odd mph :tearsofjoy:

Like you I’ve got no real idea what I’ll have as a new car next, I really like the tech in Mercs new interiors but they seem so expensive! Currently debating whether I’d go with something more economical or performance based again. Either way I’ll likely wait till early next year and see what’s about and how the prices are.

Reactions: V6_Man, Jimbob76, NevMan and 1 other person
Judging by the prices on autotrader I am very tempted to cash in as well.
there’s some fairly base spec cars of similar age to mine going for £30k and mine is the BE with tech pack should fetch a premium above that.
just can’t decide what to get into next, not many cars tickle my fancy.
Yeah I have noticed that on Auto trader of late . .

I want the new Rs3 but with not being able to option the car how I want and lack of discounts I've held off . I'am currently
going back and forth with the sales guy who sold me my last two cars trying to get a deal so will see how that goes .

Reactions: NevMan and AlS3BE
@Jimbob76 someone has got a fantastic car. Also, of course you can stay. :friends:

Reactions: Jcbmally, V6_Man and Jimbob76
Thanks all, for your kind words. I’m sure I’ll miss the car - I get too damned attached to my motors (I still have random dreams about a VR6 Corrado I sold over 20 years ago, lol), but onto the next adventure. Whatever that may be.

There are certain options that are appealing, but would result in instantaneous divorce, lol. And I’m not sure I’ll be hunting BHP. My main criticism of the S3 (and it really isn’t a criticism of the car at all) is that it is virtually impossible use its full potential, and I’m too mechanically sympathetic to ’track’ it. I think I need something very different…

Reactions: V6_Man, Bells, S32B and 4 others
And I’m not sure I’ll be hunting BHP. My main criticism of the S3 (and it really isn’t a criticism of the car at all) is that it is virtually impossible use its full potential, and I’m too mechanically sympathetic to ’track’ it. I think I need something very different…
I know exactly what you are saying mate, before covid kicked off I took out an MX5 RF (the 181 bhp 2.0 one) you can red line it through the gears and feel like you are going super fast, but you're not! Look down and you are still within the speed limits, red line the S3 through 1st & 2nd and you're breaking them! I pulled out of a T junction a bit quick and felt the back twitch a bit but nothing out of control but it was fun :) I got out of RF with a massive smile on my face...loved it. It's just a shame I'm too tall for it for everyday use, but if it's a second car like you could use it for!!! Try one you wont be disappointed.

As said above I'm waiting for the GR86, not masses of power @228bhp but it looks good, more space inside than the RF, rear wheel drive, built as a drivers car and gets great reviews...plus a 10 year warranty as long as Toyota service it each year! £30k mark new.

Reactions: Bells and Jimbob76
Ironically the lockdown and working from put me into my Porsche, as my ”normal” mileage would have be silly while running a Porsche.

It means now that the miles I put on the car are enjoyable ones, don’t miss my previous cars at all. I’ve been offered more for the Porsche than I actually paid for it back in April, but to be honest there is nothing I would replace it with, it’s an “event” every time I take it out.

In my opinion if you don’t constantly want to take your car out for a drive just for the hell of it, what’s the point in it.

I get you can’t use the full potential of the cars on the road, but you shouldn’t have to be going flat out for it to be enjoyable, my car still feels fun at 60mph around a good B road.

Reactions: JohnM100, Bells and Frizzley

View attachment 242376

View attachment 242377

View attachment 242379

View attachment 242373

View attachment 242378

Oh dear @Jimbob76 - what have you done. Just kidding mate, needs must. And there is definitely one lucky guy out there who managed to get himself a lottery! I can also confidently say that there are very few examples of S3 out there, which are kept in as pristine a condition as yours was.

I have listed my S4 3 times and I am so glad one of the buyers decided to not buy. In the week he was supposed to pick it up I felt exactly like you when you saw yours leave the driveway

I guess we get too emotionally attached with the ‘things’ we own - they become extension of ourselves. For quite a few us on these forums our cars hold more of a sentimental value, which not everyone understands.

A wiseman once said, “a man’s self is the sum total of all that he can call his, not only his body and his psychic powers, but his clothes and his house”. Cars were not common back then otherwise I am sure they would’ve added them too!

Like @jassyo06 mentioned, buy only if you need one, used car market is ridiculous these days. Better save a few more pennies and get one you like at the right time. And no matter what car you buy I’d request you stay here - it is always been a pleasure reading your posts buddy!

I recently started working in Warwick (alternate between Leek Wotton and Tachbrook Park) and I was hoping that one day I might see you in your lovely S3 but it looks like I’ll have to wait until you buy a new ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Oh dear @Jimbob76 - what have you done. Just kidding mate, needs must. And there is definitely one lucky guy out there who managed to get himself a lottery! I can also confidently say that there are very few examples of S3 out there, which are kept in as pristine a condition as yours was.

I have listed my S4 3 times and I am so glad one of the buyers decided to not buy. In the week he was supposed to pick it up I felt exactly like you when you saw yours leave the driveway

I guess we get too emotionally attached with the ‘things’ we own - they become extension of ourselves. For quite a few us on these forums our cars hold more of a sentimental value, which not everyone understands.

A wiseman once said, “a man’s self is the sum total of all that he can call his, not only his body and his psychic powers, but his clothes and his house”. Cars were not common back then otherwise I am sure they would’ve added them too!

Like @jassyo06 mentioned, buy only if you need one, used car market is ridiculous these days. Better save a few more pennies and get one you like at the right time. And no matter what car you buy I’d request you stay here - it is always been a pleasure reading your posts buddy!

I recently started working in Warwick (alternate between Leek Wotton and Tachbrook Park) and I was hoping that one day I might see you in your lovely S3 but it looks like I’ll have to wait until you buy a new ride
emoji22.png
emoji22.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Tash - and a good philosophy quote - William James I believe. He also said “Anything you may hold firmly in your imagination can be yours.” I have a good imagination for my next ride pal :thumbs up:

I was in a situation where we had x2 four door family hatch-backs, both of which were essentially doing the same job and the S3 (a) wasn’t being used enough and (b) was owned out-right, so that was a decent chunk of change sat in the garage which could be released and put towards an objective of something different to fulfill a different purpose. I hated seeing it go, but hatching plans…

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and V6_Man
I know exactly what you are saying mate, before covid kicked off I took out an MX5 RF (the 181 bhp 2.0 one) you can red line it through the gears and feel like you are going super fast, but you're not! Look down and you are still within the speed limits, red line the S3 through 1st & 2nd and you're breaking them! I pulled out of a T junction a bit quick and felt the back twitch a bit but nothing out of control but it was fun :) I got out of RF with a massive smile on my face...loved it. It's just a shame I'm too tall for it for everyday use, but if it's a second car like you could use it for!!! Try one you wont be disappointed.

As said above I'm waiting for the GR86, not masses of power @228bhp but it looks good, more space inside than the RF, rear wheel drive, built as a drivers car and gets great reviews...plus a 10 year warranty as long as Toyota service it each year! £30k mark new.

Toyota are doing some interesting things at the moment, they’re definitely onto something with the Grrr models. The Grrr Yaris seems to have taken the market by storm - seen a few in the flesh now, better to look at in the metal and larger than I thought it was going to be - very muscular haunches. The Grrr 86 is also an interesting one - promises to be a hoot to drive with 3 pedals and begs the question (for UK roads at least), why go new Supra? Interesting as well to see joint Toyota and Scooby branding on the engine cover in that video you shared, seems likely that a Scooby BR ’twin’ will be offered?…

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Toyota are doing some interesting things at the moment, they’re definitely onto something with the Grrr models. The Grrr Yaris seems to have taken the market by storm - seen a few in the flesh now, better to look at in the metal and larger than I thought it was going to be - very muscular haunches. The Grrr 86 is also an interesting one - promises to be a hoot to drive with 3 pedals and begs the question (for UK roads at least), why go new Supra? Interesting as well to see joint Toyota and Scooby branding on the engine cover in that video you shared, seems likely that a Scooby BR ’twin’ will be offered?…
I went and looked at the GR Yaris display car when it was going around the country at my local Toyota dealership last September, I said to a mate it may be one for making a few £££ on! I didn't listen to my own words....If you order one today it's not here until 2023! Could have ordered the Circuit edition for £33k at the time and sold it straight away, looking on AT they are going for £37k+ with delivery miles, even used with a few thousand on the clock are £35k https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109087126214?

Toyota and Subaru did the same on the last one, GT86 & BRZ, I took the BRZ out for a test when it first came out, loved it apart from it feeling too underpowered when I overtook a tractor!!! They have fixed that this time! But Subaru aren't selling the new BRZ in the UK, didn't sell enough with the last one!
As you say you don't need the big brother Supra, everywhere around where I live is limited speed areas @ 40/50mph or average speed cameras and most of my driving is in and around town anyway, so not worth paying all that extra for power I'd never use :)

Found my post about the Yaris:
Hmmm

Reactions: Jimbob76, V6_Man, NevMan and 1 other person
I feel your pain, Thanks to the Lockdown I did the same with my beloved RS3 earlier in the year, 1,000 miles in just over 12 months. I keep wondering if it was the right move and I do miss her!

I bought a 2015 8V S3 as a stop gap so to speak as I used to have one and I adored it, so that fills the void somewhat.

Seeing the new RS3 recently made me wish I kept mine even again as the front grill on the new one is repulsive! But ultimately I think it was the right move.

Enjoy what ever you do next :) I'm sticking with the S3 for now.

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06, V6_Man and 1 other person
You’ll find that a lot of car people are holding onto their current wagons as they can’t find a suitable replacement or selling to capitalise on the uptick in the market. It is a shame that the new breed of cars don’t quite match up to the expected standard, however that is pretty normal during a transition. People are still learning how to get to the next stage and will hold onto the past until they’re comfortable with the new world order.

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
I went and looked at the GR Yaris display car when it was going around the country at my local Toyota dealership last September, I said to a mate it may be one for making a few £££ on! I didn't listen to my own words....If you order one today it's not here until 2023! Could have ordered the Circuit edition for £33k at the time and sold it straight away, looking on AT they are going for £37k+ with delivery miles, even used with a few thousand on the clock are £35k https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109087126214?

Toyota and Subaru did the same on the last one, GT86 & BRZ, I took the BRZ out for a test when it first came out, loved it apart from it feeling too underpowered when I overtook a tractor!!! They have fixed that this time! But Subaru aren't selling the new BRZ in the UK, didn't sell enough with the last one!
As you say you don't need the big brother Supra, everywhere around where I live is limited speed areas @ 40/50mph or average speed cameras and most of my driving is in and around town anyway, so not worth paying all that extra for power I'd never use :)

Found my post about the Yaris:
View attachment 242694

Hindsight hey

Reactions: Jimbob76, S32B and V6_Man
Hindsight hey
lol yeah, but saying that I bought my car last October and it's worth more now, so if i change next year I could end up getting what I paid for it....so I'll be happy with that :)

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
lol yeah, but saying that I bought my car last October and it's worth more now, so if i change next year I could end up getting what I paid for it....so I'll be happy with that :)

Hopefully prices hold into next year

Reactions: S32B and Jimbob76
Hopefully prices hold into next year
Yeah hope so, just did an updated quote...gone up again from last time!!!

Your estimated sale price

£22,195*​

Based on 23,615 offers for Audi vehicles from 1,240 dealers on Motorway.

My sister sold her Fiesta last week via Motorway and got exactly what they had said! She made over £2k on it.

It's definitely a good time to sell, if you arent wanting to buy anything to replace it with.

A friend of mine bought an MX5 last year for just under 14K, for use as a weekend car which ended up not seeing much use with Covid. He just sold it for £18k through Motorway.

Reactions: S32B
Recently sold my 2017 S3 8V Sportback, which I'd fitted OEM rubber front and rear mats to. So I have the original OEM front and rear carpet mats for sale. These were taken out of the car at 2,500 miles, replaced with the rubber ones and kept in clean dry storage ever since. Excellent condition. £50 + postage (which I reckon would be about a fiver).

View attachment 242936View attachment 242937

Just posted in the classifieds section of the forum, in case anyone's interested...

Did you part with the fitted cover or is that up for grabs ?

The new whip landed today. I very nearly went down this route before I bought the S3 (glad I didn't - the S3 was a fantastic car for nearly 4 years, and it was right for me at the time)...

Factory spec highlights :
- 2021 T6.1 VW Transporter Kombi
- Starlight Blue Metallic (which is going to keep my lOwCD busy, it’s gonna be a tricky colour to keep looking it’s best)
- 204ps BiTDI, DSG
- Front and rear LED lights
- Twin power-latching sliding doors
- Power-latching tailgate
- x2 ‘captains’ seats in the front
- 2+1 rear seats in the rear
- Rear view camera
- Bunch of other stuff

Work I've already had done:
- Rear fully sound deadened, thermally insulated, carpet lined and alcantara panel trimmed
- Full leather seat re-trim (front and rear kombi seats)
- Front chin spoiler and splitter
- Tailgate roof spoiler
- Roof rails (obviously)
- 20” gloss black wheels (staggered set-up)
- Bilstein B14 Komfort coil-over suspension, set with a 50mm drop (almost sensible, but I can see myself inadvertently taking the front splitter off at some point!).
- Gloss black tubular sidebars
- Gloss black grilles with a bit of red stripe action
- Carbon fibre bumper protector
- Plus some other little bits (USB-C charging points etc)

The Starlight Blue paint really sparkles in the sun, but looks almost black most of the time. This one's going to take a bit more time to detail than the S3!

The next few months will be spent turning it into a 'low-key' camper ready for the Spring. I have a LOT of plans for this vehicle.

If I'm still welcome I'd like to still hang around here...

C
B

IMG 3136

Last edited:
Reactions: toooldforboyracing, NevMan, BarryG79 and 7 others
The new whip landed today. I very nearly went down this route before I bought the S3 (glad I didn't - the S3 was a fantastic car for nearly 4 years, and it was right for me at the time)...

- Starlight Blue Metallic (which is going to keep my lOwCD busy, it’s gonna be a tricky colour to keep looking it’s best)
- 204ps BiTDI, DSG
- Rear view camera
- Bunch of other stuff

- Rear fully sound deadened, thermally insulated, carpet lined and alcantara panel trimmed
- Tailgate roof spoiler
- Roof rails
- Bilstein B14 Komfort coil-over suspension, set with a 50mm drop (almost sensible, but I can see myself inadvertently taking the front splitter off at some point!).

The Starlight Blue paint really sparkles in the sun, but looks almost black most of the time. This one's going to take a bit more time to detail than the S3!

The next few months will be spent turning it into a 'low-key' camper ready for the Spring. I have a LOT of plans for this vehicle.

View attachment 244807View attachment 244806
View attachment 244808
Looks really nice. First thought was a-team van :wink:

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, Jimbob76, S32B and 1 other person
Lol, ain’t getting on no plane.
A glass of milk and you will be fine :)

*All the young guys on here will wonder what we are on about :D

Reactions: Scott325SE, toooldforboyracing, Sandra and 4 others
@Jimbob76 love the S3 replacement. Of course you can stay around, your Family. :friends:

That's a proper pimp mobil. I like it :)

- 204ps BiTDI, DSG
- Rear view camera
- Bunch of other stuff

- Tailgate roof spoiler
- Roof rails (obviously)

View attachment 244807View attachment 244806
View attachment 244808

Looks awesome mate, and loving the mods so far . Need a thread

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Sandra
Looks awesome mate, and loving the mods so far . Need a thread

Cheers Nev - looks like you're in a new motor as well mate? JCW (Obvs :thumbs up: ), but can't work out the variant from your avatar? Stepping into a van from an S3 is definitely a transition, but with the mods I've done it's pretty 'car like'. Engine has PLENTY of shove (204ps DSG), with a 0-60 of, wait for it, 9.6 seconds - which for van, is pretty rapid. It's a different driving experience, but I'm enjoying it and it is good fun looking down (literally) on Range Rover owners, lol.

Good day trip out to Batsford Arboretum today - Lovely drive down the Fosse Way for an hour and a tip-top walk for a few hours taking in Autumn's arboreal rainbow. I reckon it will be even more impressive in another 1-2 weeks...

Batsford2

Batsford1

Reactions: NevMan
Cheers Nev - looks like you're in a new motor as well mate? JCW (Obvs :thumbs up: ), but can't work out the variant from your avatar? Stepping into a van from an S3 is definitely a transition, but with the mods I've done it's pretty 'car like'. Engine has PLENTY of shove (204ps DSG), with a 0-60 of, wait for it, 9.6 seconds - which for van, is pretty rapid. It's a different driving experience, but I'm enjoying it and it is good fun looking down (literally) on Range Rover owners, lol.

Good day trip out to Batsford Arboretum today - Lovely drive down the Fosse Way for an hour and a tip-top walk for a few hours taking in Autumn's arboreal rainbow. I reckon it will be even more impressive in another 1-2 weeks...

View attachment 244971

View attachment 244972

It is a Countryman JCW…306bhp, 4x4.
0-62 in under 5 secs

Fosse way just down the drag from me. Batsford is lovely

Words cannot express how much I’m grinning ear to ear seeing this, fantastic choice here, hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Maybe we’ll see mods like these a few years down the line?
(Ignore the ABT stuff of course, keep it OEM clean)
:grinning:

20200721-160734.jpg

I went from a supercharged Golf R32 to our van, Bus Blue. It’s obviously a different take compared to the lovely sporty T6s above, but I think it has its own charm.

Something must be right, because it’s on a record 6th year in my mini fleet - I’ve never kept a vehicle so long. Vans are great… but I think they hit a different pleasure centre in the brain.

So I confidently predict that, as an ex S3 owner, you will be back in another performance car one day. :)