Facelift So my dealer has this S3...

James Cole

Reaction score
And I like quite a lot... have driven the pre-facelift S3 (demo vehicle) but not this one...

The thing is I purchased a Golf GTI two months ago MY17 which I like pretty much... so whats your take? should I purchase the car? will I be much much happier vs the GTI?

JC

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 537
Reactions: pburv
OMW...Do it James.
Well at least I would take the jump.

Reactions: davc and pburv
Looks like it has the new 18" Black Edition wheels on a Saloon S3.

Reactions: Beaver02, pburv and samo26
Unless you are happy to lose a crazy amount of money in 2 months it's a NO from me.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, richinsoton and 1 other person
The money you'll lose will make it a costly S3.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 2 others
And I like quite a lot... have driven the pre-facelift S3 (demo vehicle) but not this one...

The thing is I purchased a Golf GTI two months ago MY17 which I like pretty much... so whats your take? should I purchase the car? will I be much much happier vs the GTI?

JC
Anymore pictures of the alloys?

Reactions: TDI-line and pburv
James. I got my sensible hat on and I would say no as you going to lose a lot of money. However, I would say if you like the S3 that much then go for it. They are excellent cars. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 2 others
James. I got my sensible hat on and I would say no as you going to lose a lot of money. However, I would say if you like the S3 that much then go for it. They are excellent cars. :)

Yeah, agree... its pretty much the head vs the heart!

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Sandra
If you want to waste money that bad, donate it to me...

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Jcbmally and 3 others
You only live once matey, so if you can afford it, JUST DO IT:salute:

Reactions: Richierich37, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 4 others
Will you be much happier?.... that's very subjective & for you to decide.

Reactions: Jassyo06, TDI-line, Rob2k68 and 2 others
As others have said:
Head: Don't lose the cash due to only having the VW for a short period.
Heart: I'd have the S3 over the Golf any day. But that's just my own view.
Only down side is the wheels they've put on it. as mentioned above they look like the wheels off the new BE for some reason, which are getting plenty of negitive comments. Better with the wheel options for non-BE cars imho. But you could always change them (at further cost).

Reactions: TDI-line, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Reactions: Jassyo06, TDI-line, davc and 6 others
The VW GTI is a great car, is it an S3...No. There are tons of mods you can do to the GTI for the cash you will lose on this deal and please do not take offence to this statement. Why did you buy a GTI in the first place rather than an S3 or other models. Only you can answer this question.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Jcbmally and 1 other person
What's the spec of your Golf? Is it financed etc.
Unless you got a mountain of discount you will lose an absolute packet on it.
I'd keep it if I were you.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610078540046

An ex demo Golf loaned to 20 odd test pilots to put a brand new engine through its paces - all for the price of a factory fresh S3? And another 10 before the end of November before they can legally sell it. No.222 of a special edition strictly limited to how many they think they'll be able to sell.

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Gordo77 and 1 other person
Can you get the car or another one for an extended test drive , say over a weekend to see if you really like it or not , I don't think I would change it as quick unless you are getting a shed load of discount after all you bought the GTI and not a S3 , did you try Audi before you bought VW .

I came from a mk7 GTI to an S3, although not a facelift. I had my GTI for two years and loved every minute of it (had DTUK box installed). Is it as good as an S3, absolutely not. Would I prepared to lose the sort of money you will lose after two months for an S3... absolutely not!!

I briefly looked in to trading my GTI in after 6 months for an R.... the figures were hideous!

My advice is enjoy the GTI for a couple of years at which point the GTI will have some equity in and then upgrade.

Ironically I sold my S3 last month as I need to do some work on my new house... I have a brand new dsg GTI arriving next month on a stupid cheap lease deal (£107 a month). Yes I ordered because it was cheap but also because it is a truly fantastic all rounder

Reactions: CraigI, Audi Bairn and TDI-line