So much torque it'll spin the world!!

Purdy99

Reaction score
so i want to keep this nice and simple, i dont want any "if's, maybes, possibly" i want "Certainly!!!!!"

so.... i have the A4 2.0tdi 170, (fwd) which seems to be one of the hardest cars to tune/find parts that have been used!

i want to aim high, in the region of 250bhp and 500nm! or as the title suggest enough torque to spin the world!

so if you are a 100% certain a part has been fitted and done please inform me!!

am looking for some sort of stage 2 hybrid turbo,

Front mount intercooler

bigger injectors,

exhaust system, (altho the dpf delete has been done i imagine that might also need to be changed)

if it actually helps then maybe some upgrade to the inlet system (air filter, blueprinted inlet manifold and so on....)

Remap to suit (car is already remapped, but would need a remap to suit parts)

if possible a LSD (limited slip diff, as car is only fwd)

uprated clutch,

i know some of you may be thinking, well thats all a waste of money, and yeah i would probs agree with you, but this is what i enjoy, some people pay for sex/drugs and drink, some for holidays every 3 months, and others maybe for their cross dressing they like doing, but me... i want to put my money into my car, and hopefully some of you can understand that too :)

so please info on these and that its been done would be great!

also some extras will be

Brake upgrade (looking for perhaps S3-4 brakes)

decent suspension,

RS4 Rear anti roll bar (hopefully being ordered next week)

i have more plans with this car, but those are the main points, cant recall how many tuning companys i've gone to who can only really plug in a computed to do a remap and thats about it, but thats not enough for me!!

i hope you guys can help,

i dont want to sound like a **** when i say this, but please dont "suggest" i'e Turbo dynamics and say "see what they can do", i've phoned them and turbo technics and none of them seem to know what can be done for the 170's, if you really know what has been done and fitted, please let me know, many thanks :D:D:D

At the risk of you not liking a suggestion, and maybe there a little too far to travel, but try Darkside developments. Clearly you have been given general speil over the phone, I would suggest booking it in and telling them your budget/target goal, and let them work the magic.

Ive visited them several times, and feel the little they did on my car was nothing compared to what they could do. They have in house fabrication and full garage facilities, they have at least 10 different types of new or used/modified turbo on the shelf. Last time I went there was a pallet full of new garrets! They have a list of project cars on there website, specialize in diesel and on site mapping and rolling road facilities.

When approaching garages for help with this kind of project I find it best to either tell them your budget, or your target bhp and let them get on with the spec and work rather than asking how much.

If you wanted to buy an off the shelf bolt on power upgrade kit, they also do this for other cars, and maybe yours, if not im sure they could spec something up for you.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Purdy99
+ 1 for Darkside

At the risk of you not liking a suggestion, and maybe there a little too far to travel, but try Darkside developments. Clearly you have been given general speil over the phone, I would suggest booking it in and telling them your budget/target goal, and let them work the magic.

Ive visited them several times, and feel the little they did on my car was nothing compared to what they could do. They have in house fabrication and full garage facilities, they have at least 10 different types of new or used/modified turbo on the shelf. Last time I went there was a pallet full of new garrets! They have a list of project cars on there website, specialize in diesel and on site mapping and rolling road facilities.

When approaching garages for help with this kind of project I find it best to either tell them your budget, or your target bhp and let them get on with the spec and work rather than asking how much.

If you wanted to buy an off the shelf bolt on power upgrade kit, they also do this for other cars, and maybe yours, if not im sure they could spec something up for you.

Hope this helps!

You've made me eat my own words with the "suggestions" comment i've made! i'm talking to them now and they seem to know there stuff about Diesel tuning! you've been a great help! to many of these "tuning companys" pretty much only deal with petrols and just had no idea when i mentioned about getting work doing to a 2.0 tdi lol thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368642002513514

Hi m8
I also have the BRD 170 and I wud love to push it to 250bhp wit 500nm torgue. I've been looking at a guy called Struikie's B7 on audifans dot net. If u can make out the pic above that's what he done to his engine to start with, but if u find the thread and read it through he's now running a ridiculous 280!
It's really inspiring and the direction I'd like to go! I've also sourced the parts needed through darksidedevelopments so yes good shout earlier. I'm buying the perfomance clutch set up from them next as I have early signs of slip, but mine is the quattro n has been mapped so its going to go earlier than yours.

All the best n keep us posted with your progress

Stu