So much for me getting an S3!

Joe4842

Reaction score
So despite following this forum for around two years and posting countless threads asking you guys questions and opinions on the S3.....

Last Saturday I travelled down to Bristol, traded in the st200, and came home in a Nitrous Blue Focus RS :D To say I love it is an understatement! it sounds great, pulls like a train, has incredible amounts of grip, and a drift mode ;)

Car gets quite a bit of attention as it stands out a bit in Nitrous Blue, and people are probably also quite confused as to why a 19 year old is in a focus RS, surprisingly the insurance was far cheaper than what an S3 would have cost me.

I can post some pics up later if people are interested :)

Reactions: richinsoton, Bristle Hound, FBF01 and 6 others
So despite following this forum for around two years and posting countless threads asking you guys questions and opinions on the S3.....

Last Saturday I travelled down to Bristol, traded in the st200, and came home in a Nitrous Blue Focus RS :D To say I love it is an understatement! it sounds great, pulls like a train, has incredible amounts of grip, and a drift mode ;)

Car gets quite a bit of attention as it stands out a bit in Nitrous Blue, and people are probably also quite confused as to why a 19 year old is in a focus RS, surprisingly the insurance was far cheaper than what an S3 would have cost me.

Congrats mate aye photos or it didny happen lol
Nitrous bloo is very similar to Voodoo lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Congrats mate aye photos or it didny happen lol
Nitrous bloo is very similar to Voodoo lol[/QUOTE
I'll get some signal on my phone and get some pics posted up, yeah I didn't realise just how good it looks! looks great at night :)

Look forward to the pics. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, MikeParkin, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Love the look of the Focus RS but after driving an awful 64 plate Focus 1.5 TDI estate, I couldn't bring myself to buy one. Congrats though and let us all see some pics! :D

Reactions: Jassyo06
Congrats and I hope you don't suffer the increasingly more common engine failures.

Yeah, lots of head gasket issues appearing on the RS, possibly even affects all RS engines due to the engine design and materials used

Hi.
Just out of curiosity how much was your insurance if you don't mind me asking? I'm surprised it was considerably lower than an S3 to be honest.
Regards,
Dan.

Will certainly be more fun than the S3. I had a go of a Fiesta ST a few weeks ago, and it was really fun to drive. So much in fact that any thoughts of an RS3 have gone, as I quite fancy FWD hatch again. Maybe the New Fiesta ST or the new Megane RS (but would wait for the Trophy version)

For are now offering warranty safe upgrades for new fords. Think the Fiesta will be available to order with coilovers, and other tasty options. You can now get a few things for the Focus RS, including a drift handle (or whatever its called)

One slight concern over the Focus though, is quite a few are blowing their head gaskets. So something to think about when it's due to finish it's warranty period.

Nice car though, so enjoy. Will make no jokes about it being a British Gas van, honest ......

Will certainly be more fun than the S3. I had a go of a Fiesta ST a few weeks ago, and it was really fun to drive. So much in fact that any thoughts of an RS3 have gone, as I quite fancy FWD hatch again. Maybe the New Fiesta ST or the new Megane RS (but would wait for the Trophy version)

For are now offering warranty safe upgrades for new fords. Think the Fiesta will be available to order with coilovers, and other tasty options. You can now get a few things for the Focus RS, including a drift handle (or whatever its called)

One slight concern over the Focus though, is quite a few are blowing their head gaskets. So something to think about when it's due to finish it's warranty period.

Nice car though, so enjoy. Will make no jokes about it being a British Gas van, honest ......

Poles apart are the Ford motor sport cars from a S/RS cars and are aimed at totally different peeps What you gain in one department you lose out in another on both sides,l have owned a Focus ST3 fully loaded it was cracking to drive with a awesome engine,but the Focus RS and Fords in general are years behind in technology compared to the German cars.....Fords are never going to compete with VAG products just because of this
and Focus RS aint cheap on a PCP either

@Joe4842 - Congrats on the Focus RS buddy
BUT you know the Forum rules - no pic's? It didn't happen ;) :D

Reactions: Joe4842 and Jassyo06
I had a Focus RS before I purchased my S3, I had the dreaded head gasket/engine failure and ford were dragging their heels to sort it finding any little thing wrong to blame me for the failure including my driving style, I soon got rid of it and will never touch a ford again. The S3 has such a better feel in terms of quality and stage1 remap will make it faster then a Focus RS.

Poles apart are the Ford motor sport cars from a S/RS cars and are aimed at totally different peeps What you gain in one department you lose out in another on both sides,l have owned a Focus ST3 fully loaded it was cracking to drive with a awesome engine,but the Focus RS and Fords in general are years behind in technology compared to the German cars.....Fords are never going to compete with VAG products just because of this
and Focus RS aint cheap on a PCP either

I'd fully agree. The S3 I have is such a nice car. The inside is miles ahead of anything Ford / Renault could produce. The S3/RS3 cars are such great everyday cars. The RS3 having the added bonus of being quicker than most things. It'll do it come sunny day or torrential rain. And I do struggle to think of a car better suited, and have thought really really hard about one. Really fast, but really expensive too.

But I go through phases, and think for my nest car I want something more fun to drive. Great as the S3 is, its just not `fun`.

I might be getting old now, as I really don't want to be spending £50k+ on a car. I'm struggling to justify that outlay. I'd never go for leasing, as it's money for nothing. At least if you buy something outright, it's yours.

Think my max car spend (justifiably) would be £35k max

Reactions: Joe4842 and Jassyo06
I'd fully agree. The S3 I have is such a nice car. The inside is miles ahead of anything Ford / Renault could produce. The S3/RS3 cars are such great everyday cars. The RS3 having the added bonus of being quicker than most things. It'll do it come sunny day or torrential rain. And I do struggle to think of a car better suited, and have thought really really hard about one. Really fast, but really expensive too.

But I go through phases, and think for my nest car I want something more fun to drive. Great as the S3 is, its just not `fun`.

I might be getting old now, as I really don't want to be spending £50k+ on a car. I'm struggling to justify that outlay. I'd never go for leasing, as it's money for nothing. At least if you buy something outright, it's yours.

Think my max car spend (justifiably) would be £35k max

Very Well put......mate l 110% agree with you,finding the best of both worlds is very difficult,Audi's are getting too expensive far too expensive