Facelift So long, farewell..

Looks awesome. Congrats!!

You have to love collection day

Reactions: AlS3BE
I do like the evoque Al. Hope the wife enjoys her new car, :)

It is lovely inside and out.
She’s taking a liking to my s3(small and easy to park)so think I might have the evoque for a while.

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
It is lovely inside and out.
She’s taking a liking to my s3(small and easy to park)so think I might have the evoque for a while.
There are worse places to be Al. You enjoy.

Apologies for the bad influence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a no brainer between this, the x1 and q3.
Might pm you when I get stuck playing with the car:wink:

Reactions: NevMan and JDHOWELLS
Well I thought a quick review was needed to round this thread off.

For starters let get it out there. It’s not an s3:wink: doesn’t drive like one or feels like one.

The quality of the interior is very good and feels very luxurious and well made. Definitely better than the q3 and x1 I test drove. Everything including dash is covered in leather, fake leather, soft velvety fabrics with little plasticky bits.
It’s comfortable and very well sound proofed from outside noises. Noise levels feels like my old c7 a6 with the double glazing.
The evoque isn’t actually that big. Just gives you the feeling of size in the way you sit other wise the foot print of it isn’t much bigger than the s3.
Boot size feels only marginally bigger than my s3 unless you remove the parcel shelf.
The tech is on another level to the q3. Carplay works across both screens. You can have google maps at the top and the bottom screen can have the album art and controls for the music. Maybe a6/7/8 has this but not in the q3.
The virtual cockpit isn’t as good as the Audi’s. Image is quite flat and bland looking but functionality wise pretty much the same.
Other tech is the remote on your smartphone or watch is way better than myAudi app. I can lock/unlock and find my car with it. I can also remotely start and warm up the car with the app or watch which will be a great feature in the winter. Maybe newer Audi’s has these features but not on my s3.
Folding mirrors is something I want in a car but the evoques ones are a bit of waste. You maybe get an extra half inch or so with them folded. Standard spec so can’t moan.
B&o is miles better than the standard speakers but I didn’t spec the meridian so not a great comparison. Still in standard guise it’s pretty good.

Now the drive. It’s a comfy cruiser not sports car. I think that’s where the other German brands fail in some of their cars. They try and make the suv drive and feel like a sports car when it’s not needed. These things should be comfy barges and not rattle falsers out(slight exaggeration). If I want a sports car I buy one not a 2 ton barge.
The 2.0 diesel is not bad, has enough grunt to get going. Sounds a bit tractor like outside but inside is well sound proofed unless you rag it. The gearbox is not bad when driven slow. It’s slow reacting sometimes and like the dsg in the s3 sometimes can’t make up it’s mind what gear it wants to be in.
Standard suspension is comfortable even with 20s.
All in all. It seems well put together. I can see the retracting door handles will eventually break even though it’s probably the coolest feature of the car.
Biggest negative is greasy paw prints all over the touchscreens.
I do miss my s3 though so gonna get it back off the wife next week:wink:

Reactions: Jcbmally, JDHOWELLS, NevMan and 2 others
Well thought I would update this thread after a year. It’s been a bit of a saga to be honest. Think I got that Friday afternoon car which I didn’t think existed anymore since robots build most of the car nowadays.
everything that could go wrong with a car did go wrong. From door handles to engine needing rebuilt. Worked out I was at the dealership as much as I was going to the petrol station.
Anyway car was rejected so they are taking it back.
Part of me is going to miss the car but part of me is happy to say goodbye. It’s a shame as the car ticked all the boxes. Technology, comfort, family wagon, 4wd.
On another note though Land Rover has been nice to deal with. I was always kept mobile and at one point I put more mileage on courtesy cars than I did on my own. They were always willing to find out what was wrong and not fob me off with bs like it’s the characteristic of the car like I’ve had with some other cars.
Well need to start looking for another car for the mrs. Do I get another one or get a different car?
Not in a huge rush since we aren’t going anywhere with this COVID stuff going on but will need to find something eventually.

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jcbmally and pburv
Why not one of the RSQ models? or the SQ
Nice Jeep Wrangler - Always loved these jeeps
VW Tiquan

Well thought I would update this thread after a year. It’s been a bit of a saga to be honest. Think I got that Friday afternoon car which I didn’t think existed anymore since robots build most of the car nowadays.
everything that could go wrong with a car did go wrong. From door handles to engine needing rebuilt. Worked out I was at the dealership as much as I was going to the petrol station.
Anyway car was rejected so they are taking it back.
Part of me is going to miss the car but part of me is happy to say goodbye. It’s a shame as the car ticked all the boxes. Technology, comfort, family wagon, 4wd.
On another note though Land Rover has been nice to deal with. I was always kept mobile and at one point I put more mileage on courtesy cars than I did on my own. They were always willing to find out what was wrong and not fob me off with bs like it’s the characteristic of the car like I’ve had with some other cars.
Well need to start looking for another car for the mrs. Do I get another one or get a different car?
Not in a huge rush since we aren’t going anywhere with this COVID stuff going on but will need to find something eventually.

That’s a shame, mine has given me just shy of 10,000 miles and 16 months trouble free, still enjoying it, but do miss the performance side of things more than expected - I’d like to move to an RSq3 by the summer next year, deal dependant of course :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and AlS3BE
That’s a shame, mine has given me just shy of 10,000 miles and 16 months trouble free, still enjoying it, but do miss the performance side of things more than expected - I’d like to move to an RSq3 by the summer next year, deal dependant of course :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know a few folk with the same car and have had nothing go wrong. Mines got 5k and something was wrong from day 1. It does point to that Friday afternoon car so maybe get another or the new defender. That new defender looks the business.

I know a few folk with the same car and have had nothing go wrong. Mines got 5k and something was wrong from day 1. It does point to that Friday afternoon car so maybe get another or the new defender. That new defender looks the business.

Only thing I can really critique on the car is the infotainment system/electronics. Quite buggy, a few weird things have occurred, no where near as good as the systems in Audi.. though I understand LR have just released all new infotainment operating system which by all accounts is far superior.

Only thing I can really critique on the car is the infotainment system/electronics. Quite buggy, a few weird things have occurred, no where near as good as the systems in Audi.. though I understand LR have just released all new infotainment operating system which by all accounts is far superior.

I had about 3 different software updates for the infotainment units. Had weird crashes and sometimes it all switches off and I have no climate
Control or satnav. Maybe you just need a quick trip to the dealers. Think there’s over the air updates which is like OS/apps and the ones dealer installs which includes the climate, and 4wd control at the bottom screen. The over the air ones never fixed my problems.
When it all works I thinks it’s one of the better ones out there especially CarPlay. Main screen with google maps, bottom screen with music control and Dash screen showing album art and music.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS
Its an R-Dynamic HSE which is top spec - in Carpathian Grey, its got pretty much everything on it, standout feature for me after one day is the glass roof - not gonna go into prices but I got a good deal as it was a showroom car and they wanted the deal done this month so I pushed them!
Love the colour

A new Cupra Ateca has all the benefits of an suv but with the performance of an S3.
I think it does anyway:whistle2: lol

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, AlS3BE and 1 other person
:iagree::iagree::yahoo:

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
A new Cupra Ateca has all the benefits of an suv but with the performance of an S3.

mrs not interested in fast. I got my s3 for that:wink:

Reactions: JohnM100, pburv and Jcbmally

You really should take up story telling.....Ye dae like a gid Yarn.....lol

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Jcbmally
You really should take up story telling.....Ye dae like a gid Yarn.....lol
What like you saying your VoooooDoooo Porker blieu is more exclusive than the Cupra Ateca club!:blahblah1: lol

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Reactions: JDHOWELLS and NevMan
One brand of car l would'nt give a second glance to is the JLR Barge group of cars

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and pburv
One brand of car l would'nt give a second glance to is the JLR Barge group of cars
I actually considered getting a Disco Sport . They are decent looking cars and have decent interiors. Actually had a few test drives at the local dealers. The only thing that stopped me pulling the trigger was the horror reliability stories. A neighbor of mine has just bought a new Range Rover HSE despite me telling him beforehand about reliability...I'm waiting to say 'I told you so' any day now . lol

Reactions: NevMan, AlS3BE, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I actually considered getting a Disco Sport . They are decent looking cars and have decent interiors. Actually had a few test drives at the local dealers. The only thing that stopped me pulling the trigger was the horror reliability stories. A neighbor of mine has just bought a new Range Rover HSE despite me telling him beforehand about reliability...I'm waiting to say 'I told you so' any day now . lol
Just remember to duck after telling him

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, AlS3BE, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Reactions: NevMan, AlS3BE, Adam14 and 1 other person

My bosses wife had a Evoque car rejected after a year of ownership...was only in the driveway 4 months of that year...but she stupidly took another deal off Land Rover for another,my son has a Land Rover Barge....looks ok but my god even in a bend at speed it feels....guff never mind in a corner at speed

Dizny surprise me that...lol

My bosses wife had a Evoque car rejected after a year of ownership...was only in the driveway 4 months of that year...but she stupidly took another deal off Land Rover for another,my son has a Land Rover Barge....looks ok but my god even in a bend at speed it feels....guff never mind in a corner at speed

big barges aren’t meant to corner like a sport car. Think that’s where the some of the Germans get it wrong. Buying a 4x4/luxury cruiser not a car that’s been tested on Nurburgring for a good lap time.
They are meant to be comfy cruisers and maybe a little bit of mud/rough stuff.
Was offered another Land Rover but with this COVID stuff going on and no sight of it being over any time soon I took my money and ran and told them to call me when COVID is over to order a new one :wink:
If they up their reliability they are on to a winner.
Out of all the similar car in its class, x1, gla, q3, xc40, the evoque to me is the better looking car and more importantly the interior fit and finishes was a class above them all, very little cheap scratchy plastics.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
big barges aren’t meant to corner like a sport car. Think that’s where the some of the Germans get it wrong. Buying a 4x4/luxury cruiser not a car that’s been tested on Nurburgring for a good lap time.
They are meant to be comfy cruisers and maybe a little bit of mud/rough stuff.
Was offered another Land Rover but with this COVID stuff going on and no sight of it being over any time soon I took my money and ran and told them to call me when COVID is over to order a new one :wink:
If they up their reliability they are on to a winner.
Out of all the similar car in its class, x1, gla, q3, xc40, the evoque to me is the better looking car and more importantly the interior fit and finishes was a class above them all, very little cheap scratchy plastics.

Victoria Beckham .....

Reactions: BarryG79, AlS3BE and pburv

+1. Just know too many people that have had horrendous issues

Reactions: Adam14 and pburv
To be fair I’ve had an Audi a few years back that had similar issues. Engine issues, suspension, electric. In the end they gave me a new car that was pretty much identical and that went on to do 60-70k.

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
It's what put me off an F type before the S5. The well documented JLR issues.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and NevMan