Facelift So long, farewell..

I would think quite a few reasons.....around 15000 of them in equivalent trim spec. :D

I don’t need a big car like the velar, and wouldn’t be able to afford the spec I’d like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kayobong and NevMan
I like it, it's a good looking interior, I'm not a fan of SUV's and the whole touch screen craze but appearance wise it's rather nice. Enjoy! What made you choose the Evoque over a Velar, etc? Also that S3 was a beaut.

Yeh I loved that s3, not a fan of touch screens in cars either but it’s happening and we can’t get away from it.

Personally think my s3 interior nicer than the newer style audis in terms of switch gear etc,

Reactions: Kayobong
Thanks, no issues at all with opinions, we all like different things, i mean there are people that exist that even part with money for a Nissan Juke!!

I guess some people seem enjoy forcing their opinions a little too much.. I’m certainly not losing sleep over anything anyone has said.

I’m just not the kind of person that would come on a forum and tell someone they have never met that the car they just spent a fortune on is disgusting, hideous etc etc.. maybe I should be like that :p

Well said mate Congrats on the evoque, the new one is a nice place to be, and does look like a smaller velar, which is not a bad thing. A mate just got a black with black everywhere velar, very nice, but he does chuckle at the drug dealer comments. Not for me, but as you have said we all have our own preferences .

Reactions: Jcbmally and JDHOWELLS
I like it, it's a good looking interior, I'm not a fan of SUV's and the whole touch screen craze but appearance wise it's rather nice. Enjoy! What made you choose the Evoque over a Velar, etc? Also that S3 was a beaut.

That would be cost

There's always the option of approved used, personally would never see myself buying a brand new car because the deprecation is always pretty terrible on normal production cars.

If buying cash...absolutely, otherwise no chance

True, but according to whatcar and other such sites the evoque holds its value better than any other car.. we’ll see I guess!

Out of interest, did you look at any other SUV's before deciding on the Evoque?

I've had the thoughts of an X3 M40i when it came out. Still on my `need to go test drive one` list.

If you did, what were your thoughts on the competition?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
If buying cash...absolutely, otherwise no chance

Problem is these days, is that new car prices are so high, buying with cash (my preferred option) becomes too much of a commitment to have all that cash tied up. But it is still the cheaper way to buy.

That's why I was thinking of a Fiesta ST. Cheap enough to buy outright, and over 3 years you won't lose Tens of thousands of pounds. Pick up a new ST3 for £20k. 3 years down the line, it's still worth £14k+

An X3 m40i, RS3, M3, RS4 etc. Those cars have become so expensive that PCP is the only option really. Unless you are in a really well paid job.

Reactions: NevMan and KenL

I've had the thoughts of an X3 M40i when it came out. Still on my `need to go test drive one` list.

I did yeh, I do like the Q3 - though itd be nicer if the ride height was higher and not a huge fan of the slabs of high gloss black plastic in newer audi interiors, I looked at the Jags but not as nice inside as the range, and dont hold value as well - also looked at BMW, but i cant get myself to like them and this new thing with BMW charging for Apple CarPlay - which I use a lot - is a joke, to me its like samsung/sony charging me to watch netflix on my tv!

Reactions: AlS3BE and Gary_LB
I did yeh, I do like the Q3 - though itd be nicer if the ride height was higher and not a huge fan of the slabs of high gloss black plastic in newer audi interiors, I looked at the Jags but not as nice inside as the range, and dont hold value as well - also looked at BMW, but i cant get myself to like them and this new thing with BMW charging for Apple CarPlay - which I use a lot - is a joke, to me its like samsung/sony charging me to watch netflix on my tv!
Bmw thinks it’s infotainment setup is better than CarPlay that’s why they charge for it.
Was similar to Toyota/Lexus then market demand wanted it so now they chucking it across the range.
Another thing was they didn’t want to pay apple licensing fee

Reactions: JDHOWELLS and Adam14
Bmw thinks it’s infotainment setup is better than CarPlay that’s why they charge for it.
Was similar to Toyota/Lexus then market demand wanted it so now they chucking it across the range.

I believe they also dont offer Andriod Auto either.. when pretty much every other car has both and for no cost to use - ive not found a car voice system that works as well as siri either.

Reactions: KenL
I believe they also dont offer Andriod Auto either.. when pretty much every other car has both and for no cost to use - ive not found a car voice system that works as well as siri either.

I found the one in the Audi works well even with my strong ish Scottish accent :wink:
I remember the bmw sales guy when I was looking at the x1/x3 recently telling me bmw spends millions developing its i drive system with the hand gesture stuff why would you want the crappy CarPlay that looks like an old iPhone.

I found the one in the Audi works well even with my strong ish Scottish accent :wink:
I remember the bmw sales guy when I was looking at the x1/x3 recently telling me bmw spends millions developing its i drive system with the hand gesture stuff why would you want the crappy CarPlay that looks like an old iPhone.

major carplay update next month, will look and behave much differently - that hand gesture stuff is a bit hit and miss lol

Sign up for the Apple beta programme and you can use the updated CarPlay now. I signed up a few weeks back and the updated CarPlay is really good. Much more customisable and you can now see the album artwork which was a big plus for me.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS and AlS3BE
major carplay update next month, will look and behave much differently - that hand gesture stuff is a bit hit and miss lol
I like a physical button so I know I’ve actually done something. The new Audi’s touchscreens at least have some form of haptic feedback so it’s better than some that has no feedback at all.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS
The Velar takes hideous to a new level. Nobody actually needs a car like that. Sorry but a barge like that is a poor choice in this day and age.

At some point cars need to get smaller and fit for purpose. The days of excess need to come to an end.

Sorry, just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
The Velar takes hideous to a new level. Nobody actually needs a car like that. Sorry but a barge like that is a poor choice in this day and age.

At some point cars need to get smaller and fit for purpose. The days of excess need to come to an end.

Sorry, just my opinion of course.

It's pretty much the same for the whole SUV trend going on in recent years. I understand people like to be a bit higher and they're easier to get into for some people but other than that they are just a lifted hatchback which are usually 2WD so the offroad argument can't even be made.

Don't normally reply to this sort of debate,but we all love our S3s,but....that landy looks the nuts!...enjoy the car bud,we all love a a new car,f##k the haters,enjoy your new car experience.

I don’t need a big car like the velar, and wouldn’t be able to afford the spec I’d like
You quoted the wrong person with that reply......it was kayobong you should have been replying to. :)

Reactions: JDHOWELLS and Kayobong

You need to drive a X3 M40i, you will buy

Problem is these days, is that new car prices are so high, buying with cash (my preferred option) becomes too much of a commitment to have all that cash tied up. But it is still the cheaper way to buy.

That's why I was thinking of a Fiesta ST. Cheap enough to buy outright, and over 3 years you won't lose Tens of thousands of pounds. Pick up a new ST3 for £20k. 3 years down the line, it's still worth £14k+

An X3 m40i, RS3, M3, RS4 etc. Those cars have become so expensive that PCP is the only option really. Unless you are in a really well paid job.

I agree, prices have got ridiculous. We got wife’s JCW in 2018, and paid under £25k! Was at Cotswold yesterday, they had the new JCW Countryman 4x4, which admittedly is much bigger and loaded, but £41k!!! Mad. Only £6k less
Than I paid for M40i

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ron240

I think it is better, had full screen CarPlay coded in with lifetime activation for £80, but still revert to built in system

That is a major own goal not supporting android auto

Agree you cannot beat cash, bit like @Ju I would never buy a new car cash, not worth the mega depreciation. I know cars cost me more, but paying £150 p/m on a JCW for the wife, pretty happy with that. The ST3 is a great little motor

I agree, prices have got ridiculous. We got wife’s JCW in 2018, and paid under £25k! Was at Cotswold yesterday, they had the new JCW Countryman 4x4, which admittedly is much bigger and loaded, but £41k!!! Mad. Only £6k less
Than I paid for M40i

Cotswold? you must be local to me then as thats my local BMW dealership - have to say it the nicest dealership I have ever been too!

Reactions: NevMan and TYb
Had a sit in the new evoque yesterday at Gatcombe horse trials, really nice car, they have managed to pull off the touch screens much better than the competition.

Other than the Velar must admit I like all of the land rover/Range Rover models.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS and NevMan
Cotswold? you must be local to me then as thats my local BMW dealership - have to say it the nicest dealership I have ever been too!

Agree on that, great dealership

Had a sit in the new evoque yesterday at Gatcombe horse trials, really nice car, they have managed to pull off the touch screens much better than the competition.

Other than the Velar must admit I like all of the land rover/Range Rover models.

As I mentioned earlier in thread, mate just got a Velar from Heritage. Not for me, but very spacious and comfy and all that. I like the new Evoque, but Range Rover Sport my preffered, but pricey...or the SVR

Reactions: TYb
As I mentioned earlier in thread, mate just got a Velar from Heritage. Not for me, but very spacious and comfy and all that. I like the new Evoque, but Range Rover Sport my preffered, but pricey...or the SVR
There is an SVR with carbon bonnet at Gatcombe, eye watering £££

Reactions: NevMan
Here are some inside, night and day.. I personally love the interior..

c0d84e5d09f5ed047ad91b8e769d0a15.jpg

5d2506867ee06f0e9352724c813984b4.jpg

18c9c102cb48650f89b134c4a9a03816.jpg

8834af3209034c60c26b1db1cf356acd.jpg

Very nice. Someone at work just got the same model as yours but in black and the 240 bhp one.
It looks great especially with 21” rims. Interior was impressive too.
I was considering the Discovery Sport and there are some pretty hefty dealer and manufacturers contributions about just now from what I can see.

Reactions: TYb and NevMan

It is a very nice place to sit and the screens look good a perform well, just those damn finger prints!

Reactions: TYb
Haha.. liked it then? What you go for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D180 SE. Hse was just too much money for the extra spec that I would probably not need.
Was gonna pull the trigger on the S but after seeing the extra tech in the Se I couldn’t do it. S was still nice but the SE was just right with enough cool toys to keep me(I mean my wife) happy/amused.

Reactions: NevMan and Lehn
D180 SE. Hse was just too much money for the extra spec that I would probably not need.
Was gonna pull the trigger on the S but after seeing the extra tech in the Se I couldn’t do it. S was still nice but the SE was just right with enough cool toys to keep me(I mean my wife) happy/amused.

Nice. What colour combo you go for? Mine is Carpathian grey.

Glad you liked it. You won’t be disappointed. Seems like a good engine in it.

Nice. What colour combo you go for? Mine is Carpathian grey.

Glad you liked it. You won’t be disappointed. Seems like a good engine in it.

The deals was on a few stock cars so went with one of the light greys(there’s like 50 different shades of greys/silvers) as you can see the contrasting black trims along the doors and other parts of the car with privacy glass. There was a full black with black pack available but that was a bit too gangster/drug dealer like for the mrs, I quite liked it.
Another thing(although small) is that heated windscreen. Test driving in storm like weather with windows misting up then the salesman turns on heated windscreen. Forgot how good they were. Not had a Ford since late 90s so not seen heated windscreen in ages.
Just waiting on the final details to be emailed to me then looking at mid-late September.
I did look at q3,x1 and xc40 but to get to similar spec as the evoque they got quite a bit more expensive even compared to the evoque s. Lots of basic kit is standard in the evoque like reversing camera, folding mirrors front and rear parking sensors. These were all cost options in the q3.
And to get Quattro it’s another expensive option whereas the evoque has 4wd on all the autos.
Definitely looking forward to it.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS and NevMan
Sounds nice. Yeh heated windscreen will be good come winter, also like the dimming wing mirrors. The little things!

Sounds nice. Yeh heated windscreen will be good come winter, also like the dimming wing mirrors. The little things!

It’s these little luxuries that seems more important now compared to my more youthful days(big wheels, loud tunes :wink:)
Worryingly for me the mrs has taken a liking to my s3 as she had it over the weekend while I was looking for a new car for her so I might end up driving the evoque a bit more than I expected.

Reactions: NevMan, OCDaveS4, JDHOWELLS and 1 other person
Upload 2019 9 1 17 8 0

Well that’s it coming home with me :wink:
First time I got new reg on the new reg day.
Still trying to figure out some of the tech but so far so good.

Reactions: pburv, Reggieboy71, JDHOWELLS and 4 others