Facelift So long, farewell..

JDHOWELLS

Reaction score
Said goodbye to my lovely S3 today after 2 years, such a great car and I will miss her dearly.. gone for a major change.. gotta try something different every now and again...

IMG 9649

IMG 9650

IMG 9653

IMG 9656

IMG 9658

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79, Ron240 and 4 others
Been looking at the evoque for the mrs. Lovely looking car.
Let us know how you find it?
Strangely in that pic it’s not much bigger than ten s3. Just taller.

Let's us know how yer sex change goes as well lol

Reactions: Marky-s3, KenL, pburv and 8 others
Was looking at an Evoque myself before getting the S3. Please let us know what you think about the car :D

100. Same as the TT (one of which I used to own so I must be a lady)

Seems like you have had a double sex change then going from man to lady (TT) to man again (RS5) :stupid:

A little more off topic, I can't thank you enough for putting those pictures of your RS5 with the Veemann rims online I'm so happy with these wheels :icon thumright:

Reactions: Evil Derboy
Was looking at an Evoque myself before getting the S3. Please let us know what you think about the car :D

I love it, completely different experience obviously, but very luxurious and I like tech and gadgets, something which the current s3 is lacking, and this has a load of it - had been looking at the q3 for a while but interior quality is not a patch on the new evoque in my humble opinion, though I do like the look of the new q3 sportback, and when the release the hot version of that i'll be looking!

Reactions: shaunwo01, Lehn and AlS3BE
Been looking at the evoque for the mrs. Lovely looking car.
Let us know how you find it?
Strangely in that pic it’s not much bigger than ten s3. Just taller.

it feels a lot bigger inside, and I prefer the higher up driving position - in the q3 you dont feel much higher than in the s3.

it feels a lot bigger inside, and I prefer the higher up driving position - in the q3 you dont feel much higher than in the s3.

That’s what I found with the q3 and x1. Seating position just feels like being in a hatchback when they are meant to be suv’s. Will need to look around for some evoque deals. Think the new shape is a massive improvement over the last saying that I quite liked the old one

Reactions: JDHOWELLS
Said goodbye to my lovely S3 today after 2 years, such a great car and I will miss her dearly.. gone for a major change.. gotta try something different every now and again...

View attachment 187651
View attachment 187652
View attachment 187653
View attachment 187654
View attachment 187655

A family in few doors away from me have just got the new Evoque. Got to say I don't mind the look of them.

The 2 main things that always put me off was the week performing engines, and they are very expensive for what they are.

What is your spec? and what deal did you get?

A family in few doors away from me have just got the new Evoque. Got to say I don't mind the look of them.

The 2 main things that always put me off was the week performing engines, and they are very expensive for what they are.

What is your spec? and what deal did you get?

Its an R-Dynamic HSE which is top spec - in Carpathian Grey, its got pretty much everything on it, standout feature for me after one day is the glass roof - not gonna go into prices but I got a good deal as it was a showroom car and they wanted the deal done this month so I pushed them!

Reactions: John Pilkington and AlS3BE
I really like the Evoque and looked at them when I got the A3 but it was more than I wanted to spend.

That is a lovely example! Enjoy.

That’s a lovely looking car! Congrats!

Any interior pics? I bet it’s a lovely place to be

Its an R-Dynamic HSE which is top spec - in Carpathian Grey, its got pretty much everything on it, standout feature for me after one day is the glass roof - not gonna go into prices but I got a good deal as it was a showroom car and they wanted the deal done this month so I pushed them!

Understand you don't want to give out prices etc.

Being a nosey T**T though :laughing: I just looked on the configurator. Wow, they are a lot of money !! Hope you got a very good discount ?

What engine did you get? The only 2 of interest would be the 240bhp TDI or the 300bhp Petrol. The TDI probably being the better suited engine to the car.

Understand you don't want to give out prices etc.

Being a nosey T**T though :laughing: I just looked on the configurator. Wow, they are a lot of money !! Hope you got a very good discount ?

What engine did you get? The only 2 of interest would be the 240bhp TDI or the 300bhp Petrol. The TDI probably being the better suited engine to the car.

I opted for D180 - had planned on the p200 - but after driving both the diesel was far nicer - really hesitant to back to diesel but i am going to enjoy the one fill up a month rather than the 3 I had to do in the s3 :D

That’s a very high spec evoque. Been looking at r dynamic s or se. D150 or 180. Not fussed with power as it’s mainly the mrs’s car but has to have 4wd/awd. I Couldn’t bring myself to buy a 2wd Land Rover. Do these fancy new Land Rovers still have the the diff lock button/levers?

That’s a very high spec evoque. Been looking at r dynamic s or se. D150 or 180. Not fussed with power as it’s mainly the mrs’s car but has to have 4wd/awd. I Couldn’t bring myself to buy a 2wd Land Rover. Do these fancy new Land Rovers still have the the diff lock button/levers?

I think the d150 is the only 2wd version - could be wrong - but it doesnt come with the MHEV option as every other model does - as far the buttons there arent really any, you get two ipad style screens and you select all that kinda stuff on those - its got something called Terrain2 that as far as I know basically means the car knows what its driving on and changes everything accordingly.

Reactions: AlS3BE
The Evoques are great if you like Landrovers as they are reasonably priced way to drive every car on the dealers fleet.
My mate and his mrs had one and over the year that they had it (well owned it) they drove it for about 2 months due to almost every component failing. Handed keys back and went for an X5. They knew they didn't want another Rover as they had tested every new demo car available. Not an isolated story but I really hope they have sorted all the niggles out now on MY19.

Lower powered cars have dreadful engines which are mated to even worse auto boxes,Never buy a car because of the Techno gadgets in it....as the honeymoon will be short lived....Evoques tend to fair better on a pcp deal than most other cars in its class..in general they are cars for the pretentious wannabes....as are all the Range Rover models....fact

Reactions: KenL
Lower powered cars have dreadful engines which are mated to even worse auto boxes,Never buy a car because of the Techno gadgets in it....as the honeymoon will be short lived....Evoques tend to fair better on a pcp deal than most other cars in its class..in general they are cars for the pretentious wannabes....as are all the Range Rover models....fact

Well I am not pretentious, or a wannabe but thanks for you comments, and here I thought this forum was friendly keyboard warrior free zone... just sharing some photos "jassy" please dont feel the need to tar me with a brush and claim it as FACT.

Reactions: James 123, Goner, Bellasdad and 6 others
in general they are cars for the pretentious wannabes....

Think same can be said about most Audi,bmw,merc drivers. :wink:

here I thought this forum was friendly keyboard warrior free zone

There’s no keyboard warrior free zone on the internet :wink:

Anyway.....

JD, share more pics and interiors pics please.
Your evoque is good looking car. Love how they made the new one look like a mini velar.

Reactions: simonali, JDHOWELLS and Gary_LB

Anyway.....

Your evoque is good looking car. Love how they made the new one look like a mini velar.

i'll get some later for you...

Great change that, seen some good deals on them. Think that puts me off JLR group cars is there seems to be no end of electrical issues with the cars, yes I know all cars can go wrong just seems common with them. Detailer on YT (White Details) recently had a Range Rover Sport which refused to start.

Enjoy the car mate, everyone will have their own opinions on the car but if you/the Mrs like it then that is all that matters!

Great change that, seen some good deals on them. Think that puts me off JLR group cars is there seems to be no end of electrical issues with the cars, yes I know all cars can go wrong just seems common with them. Detailer on YT (White Details) recently had a Range Rover Sport which refused to start.

Enjoy the car mate, everyone will have their own opinions on the car but if you/the Mrs like it then that is all that matters!

That’s why we have warranty. Sh!t happens. For every broken car out there with folk moaning on all these types of forums there’s probably a 1000 same cars that are issue free. No one really comes on these forums and go look my car has been trouble free for the past 2 months.
These jd power surveys and other reliability indexes all look at failures per thousand or 10000. If it was failures per hundred we wouldn’t buy any cars. Audi never fairs well in them and we all have audis on here.
For similar money to s3 I could have had an old Aston, rs6 etc but knowing my luck something expensive breaks and it will cost an arm and a leg to repair.

I won't make any comment on sexual differentiation with regard to car choice, but happy to say that the Evoque is hideous. I do hate all cars like this though, sorry!

Anyway.....

Here are some inside, night and day.. I personally love the interior..

c0d84e5d09f5ed047ad91b8e769d0a15.jpg

5d2506867ee06f0e9352724c813984b4.jpg

18c9c102cb48650f89b134c4a9a03816.jpg

8834af3209034c60c26b1db1cf356acd.jpg

Reactions: Leevr, Pinky1959, Audi Bairn and 7 others
I like it.

Ignore the haters.

Some people on here can’t see past the Audi S3.

Enjoy the car.

Reactions: Pinky1959, Paul finch, Gary_LB and 3 others
It looks well put together and no doubt is pretty comfy. Steering wheel is horrible though and it needs more screens!

I like that a lot. Doubt I would be getting a spec like that for the mrs.
Leather trimmed dash is a nice touch and proper chunky man size steering wheel not the flat bottom nonsense.
Think I just talked myself in buying one for the mrs :wink: now better go find some deals.

Reactions: NevMan and JDHOWELLS
I like it.

Ignore the haters.

Some people on here can’t see past the Audi S3.

Enjoy the car.

Thanks, no issues at all with opinions, we all like different things, i mean there are people that exist that even part with money for a Nissan Juke!!

I guess some people seem enjoy forcing their opinions a little too much.. I’m certainly not losing sleep over anything anyone has said.

I’m just not the kind of person that would come on a forum and tell someone they have never met that the car they just spent a fortune on is disgusting, hideous etc etc.. maybe I should be like that :p

Reactions: Jcbmally, Chris.D, Goner and 3 others
It looks well put together and no doubt is pretty comfy. Steering wheel is horrible though and it needs more screens!

Hope you counted the rear view mirror as yes that is a screen too, though by my count that only makes it one more than new style Audi interiors, and 1 less than the etron with the virtual door mirrors, but yes very comfy indeed thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KenL

I like it, it's a good looking interior, I'm not a fan of SUV's and the whole touch screen craze but appearance wise it's rather nice. Enjoy! What made you choose the Evoque over a Velar, etc? Also that S3 was a beaut.

That interior looks amazing......you could be piloting a space ship with all that high tech gadgetry. :sunglasses:
The only thing I would lose would be the air freshener dangling from the mirror......its lowering the tone of its surroundings. :D

Reactions: Adam14, AlS3BE and JDHOWELLS
I would think quite a few reasons.....around 15000 of them in equivalent trim spec. :D

There's always the option of approved used, personally would never see myself buying a brand new car because the deprecation is always pretty terrible on normal production cars.

Reactions: Bryant1998
There's always the option of approved used, personally would never see myself buying a brand new car because the deprecation is always pretty terrible on normal production cars.

True, but according to whatcar and other such sites the evoque holds its value better than any other car.. we’ll see I guess!

Reactions: Kayobong