so i want a faster car, but insurance is too much, time to mod what i have.... s3 8l

C

colicabcadam

hi all, i currently have a bam s3 8l, i've fixed all problems with the car, minus the squeaky sun roof, if you remember i bought those brakes on ebay, you were ALL right, they were crap, so got a refund, currently waiting for a set of discs, carriers, lines and calipers from a seat leon cupra r (my discs need changing anyways so it's not worked out too much on top of buying brand new discs).....

anyways, i've looked at insurance for an rs4 b5 and at an age of 26 (only passed my test when i was 25, been a bike person all my life) the insurance is crazy with only 1 years no claims (£5,000), so i am not going to touch one of those until i am like 29/30!

So, lets say i had £1,500 to spend on tuning my car, what route would you go down and why, i have no problem buying good second hand parts, turbos and such go for as much as a 1/3 of the price on ebay because they are second hand....

Am i right in syaing the following would really beef the car up....

• uprated turbo (or maybe just a more effecient one?)
  • uprated inter cooler
  • uprated injectors
  • uprated air intake with a cold feed
  • uprated fuel pump
  • uprated exhaust system (does the full thing need doing?)
  • uprated conrods (is this really needed?)
  • uprated dump valve (not 100% sure if this would be needed?)
  • uprated hoses (i suppose only the air intake and inter cooler ones would need changing, not the radiator or oil hoses?)
any thought, would really appreciate someone who has modded their car a fair bit 300+ bhp to share some knowledge on what route they took....

many thanks

im not gonna coment as 1500 wont get him much
i could spend him a good few grand

silicone TIP / Jetex filter / Remap / silicone hoses = value for money

put balance towards new car

im not gonna coment as 1500 wont get him much
i could spend him a good few grand

yeah your not wrong ive put a few grand in mine and thats only at stage 2 revo.alot more to do but a few thousand more me thinks.soz andrew and tuffty but your right to much money

iv got around dare i say it 15k in my a4

most engine work rebuild rids pistone etc etc still a few things to do

so are you saying there's no way £1,500 will get around 300 bhp out of an S3? remember i am prepared to buy second hand (i know new turbos can cost over £1,000)

this budget is not including labour, just parts.....

i had the idea of putting the money towards the new car, but to be honest, i want to mod the s3, it gives me something to do lolol, you know what it is like!

you may get 300 from £1500 what i ment is you have dont forget about the map thats gona cost turbo new lines prob clutch etc

you may get 300 from £1500 what i ment is you have dont forget about the map thats gona cost turbo new lines prob clutch etc

map wont cost me any more than £100, i know a friend of a friend, he did my last custom one for £200, said if i go back he'll do it for £100... which saves about £400 lol

front mount around the 300 (new) if you do it your self not forge.exhaust turbo back around the 600 (second hand).dump valve round 50 to 80 (new).tip badger 5, if you want to stand a chance (160). conrods 300.hyrid turbo 600.all these are rough prices without looking.see were we are coming from.car= bottomless pits

nice post, so maybe streching to £2,000 on parts would be a good idea.....

yeah mate.wouldnt have second hand pipework thou.forge r good and if they do rip or blow a hole.they will replace them free of charge.be nice if you keep this post going, show all the other lads the cost and power outcome for the mods you do.ive gone alittle to far now with taking it all off and starting again.have you got a rr print out from the first map

sell the car and get a mk2 golf with a 1.8t if you want a fast car........none of the comfort and luxury or build quality though (just my opinion)

Jump on the XS Power downpipe and de-cat (or sports cat) group buy to save a few quid here, as you'll need them for 300bhp+...
I don't think you could consider going big turbo for that much money, but maybe a hybrid. Wouldn't leave much cash for suspension mods (Bilstein B8s and H&R springs come in at around £700), but at least you have the brakes.

What i'd do -
Downpipe and de-cat
Badger5 3" Turbo Intake Pipe and big Jetex cone filter with custom heatshield
AH Front Mounted Intercooler
Forge 007p Diverter Valve (yellow spring?)
CR Hybrid Ko4 turbo (exchange)
Integrated Engineering Rods
Custom re-map
Bilstein B8 shocks and H&R springs
R32 Anti-Roll Bars

You wouldn't get all that for £1500 though. Maybe without the suspension included and if you get a few bargains along the way...