Facelift So i placed the order for the company car....

ASBOST

Reaction score
After much deliberation and frustration I placed my order with my company car leasing company. I know how fortunate I am to be able to pick a company car.

My choice was extremely limited due to co2 levels and current allowance.

I posted in another thread about my dilemma of either choosing the tech pack (only for the vc really) or comfort and sound with B&O and other bits. I have ACC on my current car but I'm not to fussed on it to be honest and can live without it.

Soooo

1.5 TFSI Black Edition
Stronic
Daytona grey (changed mind from nano)
Comfort & Sound pack
Advanced key (had it on the Golf and love the convenience, not worried about security risk tbh)

I could get the tech pack but would lose Comfort & Sound (Love my music) and advanced key and would be left with the Audi Sound System which i believe is no slouch but im coming from a GTI with a Dynaudio system (9 speakers, 400 watt amp and sub in boot) so i would really miss a good sound system and don't think the *** would be a match for the Dynaudio.

I keep reading rave reviews about the tech pack and im hoping i really don't regret my choice. The Mrs has the Virtual Display Cockpit and it does look good.

One silly question tho for those with STronic and non tech pack if i may..... Where does it show which gear you are in with non tech pack?

Thanks again all...

Wise choices for the budget...sound is way more important than a digital display.....approve of Daytona over Nano.....gear display is shown in the bottom middle between the speedo/rpm gauges.

Reactions: ASBOST and Jassyo06
Daytona Grey (big thumps up).

Current gear is shown in the DIS at the bottom.

You're better off with the comfort and sound pack over the tech pack as you'll get more use out of the comfort and sound pack then the VC and the bits you don't really want that it comes bundled with.

Reactions: ASBOST
Another thumbs up for Daytona, lovely colour.

I'm not sure I would bother with the sound pack as I find the B&O implementation in the S3 pretty poor
I definitely wouldn't tick that box the next time.
It only seems to sound good when playing DTS encoded DVDs, everything else pretty average.
(I have the B&O without the sub woofer control so maybe the later systems are better)

Love the VC and would go again, just a pity you can't order it on it's own without the tech pack.

Reactions: ASBOST and Rob2k68
If you use Sat Nav a lot then the tech pack would be the better option IMO. The bundled charging box and mobile signal amplifier (assuming this gets sorted) are both really useful.

Audi sound (8 speakers inc sub in the boot) isn't bad for £200, but its unlikely to satisfy if you've come from dyna audio.

Wise choices for the budget...sound is way more important than a digital display.....approve of Daytona over Nano.....gear display is shown in the bottom middle between the speedo/rpm gauges.

Thank you FS....I'm at peace with my decision now... It makes sense as I do love my music.

Wise choices - especially re: Daytona Grey :sunglasses:

Sometimes you have to follow your heart - the B&O system is freakin’ awesome - you won’t be disappointed!

Now the wait begins....

Wise choices - especially re: Daytona Grey :sunglasses:

Sometimes you have to follow your heart - the B&O system is freakin’ awesome - you won’t be disappointed!

Now the wait begins....

Cheers Jimbob....Yeah i'm at peace with my choice now and cant wait to get my first ever Audi. Nothing compared to the beast you have but i'm sure i'll enjoy all the same. December delivery I've been told.

Ordered similar no build date yet as waiting on Audi releasing MY19 pricing.

Bad news is delivery now looking like Jan 2019 earliest for most factory orders !!

Ordered similar no build date yet as waiting on Audi releasing MY19 pricing.

Bad news is delivery now looking like Jan 2019 earliest for most factory orders !!
Ohh dear.... That's not good. I can't take delivery until the 1st week in December anyway so a few additional weeks won't kill me tbh......I hope! Who knows, you might get a few freebies thrown in with MY19?

I would not be surprised that it might be the all new A3 model as the factory may have stopped taking orders for the old model as of this date.

The problem you face when this happens is that the manufacturer also increases pricing. Unfortunately this normally means lease companies have to requote which sometimes then pushes cars outside your allowance. I had this in Feb when I ordered a 330e, 2 weeks later couldn't have it because BMW had upped their prices :(

I would not be surprised that it might be the all new A3 model as the factory may have stopped taking orders for the old model as of this date.

I'll have to check, they never mentioned the new model. I don't even know what it looks like lol... I'm very interested now! Cheers for informing me.

The problem you face when this happens is that the manufacturer also increases pricing. Unfortunately this normally means lease companies have to requote which sometimes then pushes cars outside your allowance. I had this in Feb when I ordered a 330e, 2 weeks later couldn't have it because BMW had upped their prices :(

This happened to me with the Golf R. Couldn't have it due to price increase and went for the GTI instead... I was gutted... But even worse now, my company have limited the co2 to 120 and only four manufacturers.....long gone are they days of Focus ST's and Megane RS's lol...

What did you opt for after the 330e?