So I’ve jumped over from 2 8p and now I’m in a 2015 8v

Jonni

Reaction score
As the title says I have jumped over to the 8V sode after having two 8p s3.

First one was a sprint blue one running stage 2+
IMAG0198_zpsbb53d322.jpg

Second one was a Audi exclusive signal Green 8p stage one on air ride

2AD6C2AC-0E4F-4881-B7F7-AC3028359291_zps9ck4fiap.jpg

So my new one is this little beauty.

2015 Audi S3 in Misano pearl red with black pack and super sport seats . Had a few mods when I got it which where wheel spacers , apr style carbon intake and a Milltek cat back . Sold the spacers and Apr style intake as they where not to my liking . Obviously kept the milltek cat back though :thumbs up:.

I’ve had the car a few weeks now and still can’t get over how much nicer the interior is on the 8V . Infact this all stemmed from driving my mates 8v A3 not even a mile and loved it lol .

9D6A471F-350F-407F-9223-43A1366FFA5F_zps3si9twx8.jpg

B3EA117C-91D4-4387-9233-3971DF34F790_zpsnf2qnckt.jpg

2DBDB286-0FD6-49D9-9BCE-6C4E80631CA6_zpsjessildg.png

I have taken the wheel spacers straight off as not a fan at all. Sold them local so win win . I also took the Apr style carbon intake off as I was not a fan at all. I have replaced it with a forge Motorsport carbon intake one .

I have followed the guide in here and also done the grill mod to maximise the intake to its full potential .

I have a question upon removing the Apr style intake I noticed a connector plug shrink wrapped up and it’s annoying me . Do any of you lot have any ideas ? My thoughts are is it for the standard air box ? Please see below and as always I’m looking forward to now been part of the 8v section

Connector in question

FE587906-87AD-44F2-9205-829675506434_zpsfgmeug4p.jpg

Comments welcome

Reactions: MikeParkin, amb66, oli356 and 5 others
Welcome across Jonni!
That's a nice looking car, I do like the Misano :thumbs up:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Stunning S3 in the best colour. Can’t beat the Misano to be honest (off course I not biased in any way) hope you really enjoy it. Your other 2 cars were lovely as well but 8v is a whole different car. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Jonni, Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin
I guy round the corner from he has recently got himself a red 3 door S3. Great looking car.

Enjoy

Reactions: Jonni
Totally agree ... car looks stunning and misano is one of my fave colours and really suits the S3 :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jonni, Sandra and Audi Bairn
If I were to guess, I would say that is a wiring loom for a tuning box with a bypass plug put in it. Follow the cable and see if it splits off to 2 or 3 sensors in the engine bay.

Reactions: Jonni
looks beautiful, but then my fav was misano red aswell. Just suits it.

As the title says I have jumped over to the 8V sode after having two 8p s3.

First one was a sprint blue one running stage 2+
IMAG0198_zpsbb53d322.jpg

Second one was a Audi exclusive signal Green 8p stage one on air ride

2AD6C2AC-0E4F-4881-B7F7-AC3028359291_zps9ck4fiap.jpg

So my new one is this little beauty.

2015 Audi S3 in Misano pearl red with black pack and super sport seats . Had a few mods when I got it which where wheel spacers , apr style carbon intake and a Milltek cat back . Sold the spacers and Apr style intake as they where not to my liking . Obviously kept the milltek cat back though :thumbs up:.

I’ve had the car a few weeks now and still can’t get over how much nicer the interior is on the 8V . Infact this all stemmed from driving my mates 8v A3 not even a mile and loved it lol .

9D6A471F-350F-407F-9223-43A1366FFA5F_zps3si9twx8.jpg

B3EA117C-91D4-4387-9233-3971DF34F790_zpsnf2qnckt.jpg

2DBDB286-0FD6-49D9-9BCE-6C4E80631CA6_zpsjessildg.png

I have taken the wheel spacers straight off as not a fan at all. Sold them local so win win . I also took the Apr style carbon intake off as I was not a fan at all. I have replaced it with a forge Motorsport carbon intake one .

I have followed the guide in here and also done the grill mod to maximise the intake to its full potential .

I have a question upon removing the Apr style intake I noticed a connector plug shrink wrapped up and it’s annoying me . Do any of you lot have any ideas ? My thoughts are is it for the standard air box ? Please see below and as always I’m looking forward to now been part of the 8v section

Connector in question

FE587906-87AD-44F2-9205-829675506434_zpsfgmeug4p.jpg

Comments welcome
What’s in the other side of that connector / where does it connect to? It looks very much like the loop back plug which was supplied with my TMC Motorsport tuning Box when I had one.

Reactions: Jonni and T-800
Thanks for all the reply’s people

What’s in the other side of that connector / where does it connect to? It looks very much like the loop back plug which was supplied with my TMC Motorsport tuning Box when I had one.

Off to have a look now mate

Yep so after looking I think you where right DJalix it looks like it is a wiring harness off a tuning box of some sort . I have tried the original plug at top back into where the bypass was and it fit perfect . Just need to jack it up under tray off and get to the bottom plug that is also been bypassed or joined by connectors .

099EABB2-7126-4D2A-B343-A60A0867E496_zpso8n1op4j.jpg

Yep so after looking I think you where right DJalix it looks like it is a wiring harness off a tuning box of some sort . I have tried the original plug at top back into where the bypass was and it fit perfect . Just need to jack it up under tray off and get to the bottom plug that is also been bypassed or joined by connectors .

099EABB2-7126-4D2A-B343-A60A0867E496_zpso8n1op4j.jpg
Looks like the previous owner could not be bothered / ran out of time to remove the harness and just left it in place when selling the car. Seen a lot of this.

Yerh took the expensive box out and left the harness .

Did you buy from a main dealer? If you’re not happy it’s had a box on I’d be tempted to take it back.

Defo a tune box harnes looks similar to a ReceChip harnes that I've seen before. Just get it took off as the original sensors will be there.

Did you buy from a main dealer? If you’re not happy it’s had a box on I’d be tempted to take it back.

Nope was a garage not a main dealer . I asked had it been remapped and he said no. Which in theory he is correct as it has had a box on it .

Reactions: TYb
Defo a tune box harnes looks similar to a ReceChip harnes that I've seen before. Just get it took off as the original sensors will be there.

Yep they are all there . And all plugged back in and it’s working great .

Reactions: MikeParkin
56AFB90B-C587-40C2-8939-1E23F4BCE7A6_zpsgeat48n8.jpg

As it should be . And below the harness I took out .

B103EB2A-B374-4F1D-8650-7EDBCBF2A440_zpsxz2vihq3.jpg

If I were to guess, I would say that is a wiring loom for a tuning box with a bypass plug put in it. Follow the cable and see if it splits off to 2 or 3 sensors in the engine bay.

You where bang on mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: MikeParkin