So folks, your experiences please! PS4 or Asymm 3???

RPB

Reaction score
As per thread title folks. I am after your opinions please.
Am about to get rid of my worn out Asymm 2's and want to know which to buy next, the PS4's which have won yet another tyre test, or the Asymm 3's which seemed to not do so well on this tyre test.
TBH, they are both very similar for me, I am a boring 47 year old who spends all day driving under average speed cameras! pmsl.

I'm boring 46 year old and I hate speed cameras :) I never tried PS4's, but I have Assy3's as my summer tyres. The grip is fantastic, especially in wet conditions, which happens plenty in Denmark. They are pretty comfortable and not too noisy. The wear is nice, I still have 7mm on front and 8mm on rear wheels after approximately 10,000 km. I can only complain on their chunky looks, but mine are 17". 18" Assy3 look better.

Reactions: RPB
Ps4 are amazing on wet and dry. I think that they have better rim protection than assy3 too.

Reactions: Carlos85
I have the Falken Ziex ZE-914 XL and well impressed with them, they are quite too.

Pirelli P Zeros will be slightly quieter in the cabin and were very close performance wise to the Goodyear and Michelin offerings..

I have the Hankook S1 Evo2 on my Golf and they are a good tyre and great value for money.

Unless the price of the assy3 gets higher, I'd stick with the assy 2's bit more rim protection on the tyres but im not a type person

I've yet to use PS4's but having run the PSS on my car for some time,and the PS4 is developed from that,I'd expect good things from them,even if the tyre reports had said otherwise.

All of the Pilot range so far have had very decent wear characteristics compared to the F1 range,as well as excellent overall grip.

Thanks folks for the replies. After me messing about making my mind up, lol, PS4's it is and I am booked in for Thursday fitting.
I had even got a £10 voucher in my Blackcircles 'tyre bank' so a little discount is always good :)

Reactions: S.
Good to know the MSP4s are a good tyre, picked up a new set of wheels with a full set on and just about scrubbed in for a month, just got the rims refurbed before they go on the car for summer.

Great tyres! As always, I had forgotten what a difference a new tyre makes to the ride quality. My old Goodyear Asymm' 2's were down to 2mm on the fronts and so the ride was rather jittery. lol. These Michelins are going to be very good I feel :)

Reactions: S3Alex