Snub mount

mrmowbs

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my snub mount on my 3.0 v6 avant but can only find U S sellers, does anyone know of any British sellers, cheers

Awesome GTI sell them, but they flat out refused to sell me one for my TDI :(

Isn't there a standard one that's a bit stiffer made out of rubber rather than the foam stuff from a passat?
I'm sure I read that somewhere when looking to replace mine?

I've just found that thread after signing up to the forum mate.

I'll call into TPS on Monday as I'm on 6-2's next week to see if the part number is still relevant and post up.
I'm going to get one fitted as I never had much confidence in the standard one lasting long when I replaced it last year.

I did call into Awesome to get a polly one as I had every bush on the front of my Bora TDI in polly bar the upper engine mounts, but they wouldn't sell me one for a TDI saying, and I quote "it will shake your wing mirrors off" :laugh:

Cheers lads, got one ordered now it doesn't sound like it's going to be too hard so shouldn't vibrate too much.

Called into TPS yesterday after work and they didn't have one in stock, so they ordered me one in which I collected today.

It was a shade over £12 inc VAT, and will be fitted at the weekend when I give it a service.

I've just fitted an OE rubber one, tyre soap n a vice.
aa60f4d71a36aa5d513c844988420c1f.jpg

105cbcd7bf034692cba2ad02a66fa4e5.jpg

That's the one and the way to do it! I had access to rubber safe grease which helped ease it on. It's a load better without adding too much vibration

Mines got slight vibration at idle but I'll live with it.
I've got a solid front mount on the corrado so I'm kind of used to it.

You just need to adjust the cup part by loosening the three nuts until it finds its natural resting point...........but this can be difficult as the car has to be level to get it right.

Got lucky with mine as only had to adjust it once.

Yeah, I was going to give it a week to settle then readjust. The vibration is only very slight so I think I've struck well first time.

Sounds like it needs to be adjusted very slightly upwards to me.

Otherwise I am finding mine to be a very good mod in particular for my 2nd to 3rd gear changes now

I changed all my mounts at once so mine is as tight as a tight thing now, anything is better that the mounts I had.
00bc953a68e783407ab12cfb754f829e.jpg

The bottoms had disintegrated and the whole engine was just sliding about.

Anyone changed all the mounts on a 1.9 awx?
Mine could probably do with replacing since its hit 190k

Not done mine but the car is on 63k miles, but may upgrade/change them next year as they are 10 years old now

They're not hard to do on a two post with a transmission jack to lift the engine out the way.
All the mounts I fitted to the v6 are 1.9tdi mounts.

Why the 1.9tdi mounts on the V6........thought they were all the same?

Not the same on the 1.9tdi as a V6 2.5tdi snub mount. I replaced my 1.9tdi with a 2.5tdi one as it's stiffer (think it's the same as what they put on S4/RS4's but don't quote me on that)... never seen a 3.0 petrol mount but fairly certain it would be the same as the engine would surely crush a flimsy 1.9tdi one.

Went into TPS today got their mount prices, one is £116.26 8E0 199 379 BF the other is £98.93 8E0 199 379 AG & that's plus vodka & tonic!!

Went into TPS today got their mount prices, one is £116.26 8E0 199 379 BF the other is £98.93 8E0 199 379 AG & that's plus vodka & tonic!!
Bit steep that like, il have to get it on a ramp and have a look.

I know the snub is only £3 I think like jake said.
Knowing my luck the one that needs changing is the one with the sensor in

Both of my old mounts had sensors/valves the new ones fitted didn't, I just hacksawed them off the sides of the old mounts, plugged them back in and ty-wrapped them back on to the harness to stop them dangling.
No fault codes yet.

Both of my old mounts had sensors/valves the new ones fitted didn't, I just hacksawed them off the sides of the old mounts, plugged them back in and ty-wrapped them back on to the harness to stop them dangling.
No fault codes yet.

I like that idea if it continues to be error free as apparently a high watt 19 ohm resistor can be used too.

Definitely has an error in vag-com if the mount is not connected! No affect on anything else though.

Yeah but he cut the old sensors off and plugged them back in with new none sensor mounts in........well that is what I understood;)

Weird that they didn't show errors as it should tell you when they're leaking so having no fluid or nothing that connects to them should definitely throw something up :blink: to be honest your just as well doing like me and cable tying them back (jotting down the vag-com code for reference if you like so next time it's scanned you know what not to worry about).

Nope, tempted now but I'll probably just live with the code. Another thing to say about having them both solid is there's a little more vibration on idol, it's not a crazy amount and I kind of like it as it feels like some kind of race car shake (maybe I'm crazy) to me it seemed a good trade off having a part which should last the life of the car and tad more shake vs replacing with a part which has no shake but may need to be serviced again in the future.

Not my info, shameless cut n paste.

HOW IT WORKS: Electronic-Hydraulic Engine Mounts electronically controlled mount is typical of high-tech mounts used in a variety of cars to dampen the last little bit of shake produced by the powertrain. It’s a hydraulic engine mount with two fluid chambers connected by a large orifice (kept closed by a rotary valve) and a small orifice (always open). The small orifice allows the mount to operate much like a simple, fairly stiff shock absorber.You learn something every day

Fitted the passat mount today while it was on the axel stands for it's service.

Ever so slight bit of vibration on tickover, but nothing drastic. It feels much better than the standard foam mount, and the drivetrain feels a lot more solid.

I used rubber friendly grease, and a bowl of hot water and it slipped straight on to the mount no mither by hand.

I call it the noddy method :laugh: