Snowfoam opinions

Right I currently use

-Autobrite magifoam snowfoam

What do you guys use ??

Hi Mike!

Having tested a few, I've always struggled to settle on which one I prefer the most. Whilst I would suggest Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam for cleaning ability and the fact that it's good value, it just doesn't foam like some would expect and therefore puts a lot of people off. Bilt Hamber recommend a very specific dilution ratio which also doesn't help matters. I think they suggest 5% by the time the product hits the panel which isn't very user friendly. Some people find they need as much as 500ml in a 1 litre lance bottle to achieve that ratio and others just stick to around 200ml or an inch in the bottom of their 1 litre lance bottle. It is a very good product and if you don't mind playing around with your own required dilution ratio i'd suggest trying it!

The most recent foam I've tested is the one you are using: Autobrite Magifoam and I have been somewhat impressed. It certainly clings much longer than other products but I can't seem to get it to cling for the advertised 30 minutes and I'm not sure I would want or need to achieve such results. It is also advertised as being banana scented and I'm yet to smell anything from it which obviously has no impact on cleaning power but it's the little things that make the products enjoyable to use. I probably wouldn't purchase Magifoam.

Have you considered Auto Finesse Avalanche or AM Details Wax Safe Snow Foam?

Avalanche gets consistently excellent reviews and can be quite good value for money if purchased in the larger sizes or at car shows where Auto Finesse tend to run good offers! For this I use 200ml to achieve the desired results.

I was somewhat hesitant to try AM Details Snow Foam given that I could purchase something like Avalanche for the same price but so far I've been impressed. Whilst the branding doesn't exactly appeal to me, it does what it says on the bottle. For this I use about 200ml to achieve the desired results.

EDIT: Not sure if you're subscribed to Slim's newsletter but they seem to be running a discount code this weekend. 10% off across the site with code 'SUMMER10'. This would mean 5L of Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam is just £14.90

Last edited:
Reactions: SPIKE_
I use carplan snowfoam

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

+1 on the Carplan Demon snowfoam.

It's cheap (about £10 for 2 litres, £12 if you want the hose attachment) It smells nice, it foams well and is quite "sticky" dragging muck off as it slowly slides off the car.

I have tried other snowfoam, some at more than double the price, but always go back to the Demon one :racer:

Hi Mike!

Having tested a few, I've always struggled to settle on which one I prefer the most. Whilst I would suggest Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam for cleaning ability and the fact that it's good value, it just doesn't foam like some would expect and therefore puts a lot of people off. Bilt Hamber recommend a very specific dilution ratio which also doesn't help matters. I think they suggest 5% by the time the product hits the panel which isn't very user friendly. Some people find they need as much as 500ml in a 1 litre lance bottle to achieve that ratio and others just stick to around 200ml or an inch in the bottom of their 1 litre lance bottle. It is a very good product and if you don't mind playing around with your own required dilution ratio i'd suggest trying it!

The most recent foam I've tested is the one you are using: Autobrite Magifoam and I have been somewhat impressed. It certainly clings much longer than other products but I can't seem to get it to cling for the advertised 30 minutes and I'm not sure I would want or need to achieve such results. It is also advertised as being banana scented and I'm yet to smell anything from it which obviously has no impact on cleaning power but it's the little things that make the products enjoyable to use. I probably wouldn't purchase Magifoam.

Have you considered Auto Finesse Avalanche or AM Details Wax Safe Snow Foam?

Avalanche gets consistently excellent reviews and can be quite good value for money if purchased in the larger sizes or at car shows where Auto Finesse tend to run good offers! For this I use 200ml to achieve the desired results.

I was somewhat hesitant to try AM Details Snow Foam given that I could purchase something like Avalanche for the same price but so far I've been impressed. Whilst the branding doesn't exactly appeal to me, it does what it says on the bottle. For this I use about 200ml to achieve the desired results.

EDIT: Not sure if you're subscribed to Slim's newsletter but they seem to be running a discount code this weekend. 10% off across the site with code 'SUMMER10'. This would mean 5L of Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam is just £14.90

Hello mate,

Yeahh the magifoam I have smelt nothing from either, and i love products that smell good.

I may try the auto finesse avalanche though, funnily enough i ordered a slims DA polisher and the auto finesse revitalise kit from slims the other day but not with the 10% off lol but may have a look on there at the snow foam range they have just wanted peoples opinions...

Cheers for all that though :)

Re
+1 on the Carplan Demon snowfoam.

It's cheap (about £10 for 2 litres, £12 if you want the hose attachment) It smells nice, it foams well and is quite "sticky" dragging muck off as it slowly slides off the car.

I have tried other snowfoam, some at more than double the price, but always go back to the Demon one :racer:

Really ???

Can your pour that snow foam in to a proper lance aswell ?

I like the way the snow foam, foams that i have now but just it falls off the car after around 5 minutes and i dont think it works aswell as id expect it too

bilt hamber surfex hd - Gets my vote.

bilt hamber surfex hd - Gets my vote.

Good suggestion! Whilst more of an APC/Degreaser it will achieve the same results and It's wax safe and most effective at about 25:1 so a little goes a long way!

A 500ml recycled trigger spray bottle with 20ml of surfex topped up with water is probably the most cost effective solution!

If you've a small enough car and can make 500ml of water and surfex last one lap of the car, washing once a week means a single litre of Surfex would last almost a year. If you buy the 5L currently priced around £16-£17, each wash could cost as little as 6p! :rockwoot:

Re

Really ???

Can your pour that snow foam in to a proper lance aswell ?

I like the way the snow foam, foams that i have now but just it falls off the car after around 5 minutes and i dont think it works aswell as id expect it too

The Demon snowfoam here can be used on a regular hose or with a lance. I use a lance as l have a power washer. I snowfoam, then go inside, fill my buckets etc. and by the time lm back out it's pretty much ready for hosing off. So I'd say about 10 mins max. The Demon snowfoam has a rich creamy consistency, not unlike shaving foam. It will slide off (obviously) but does a pretty good job and for only £10-12 is worth a try over some of the more expensive products mentioned.

The Demon snowfoam here can be used on a regular hose or with a lance. I use a lance as l have a power washer. I snowfoam, then go inside, fill my buckets etc. and by the time lm back out it's pretty much ready for hosing off. So I'd say about 10 mins max. The Demon snowfoam has a rich creamy consistency, not unlike shaving foam. It will slide off (obviously) but does a pretty good job and for only £10-12 is worth a try over some of the more expensive products mentioned.
Yep. I do the same . I do rinse the car before using foam .

Yep. I do the same . I do rinse the car before using foam .

I used to powerwash first, then snowfoam. Then l realised powerwashing caused the snowfoam to slide off quicker as it had already taken the heavy grime off.

Now l snowfoam onto a dry (dirty) car and find the snowfoam to be much more effective :racer:

I used to powerwash first, then snowfoam. Then l realised powerwashing caused the snowfoam to slide off quicker as it had already taken the heavy grime off.

Now l snowfoam onto a dry (dirty) car and find the snowfoam to be much more effective :racer:
Hmmm. I rinse first. It gives the foam more chance to remove all road contamination as all the lose dust is rinsed off .

Bilt Hamber Autofoam for me. I apply via a garden pump sprayer, doesn't have the drama of applying by lance but very economical and works just as well. In fact I haven't been disappointed by any BH products I've used. No silly scents or pun based names. They just work well at a fair price.

I'm very much a function over form guy as far as detailing products are concerned, although I recognise I may be in the minority

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

i thought it was interesting, coloured snow foam may look cool, but it's pointless

I've used the bilt hamber autofoam and as above it cleans well and doesn't get as thick, before I used auto finesse avalanche and just recently bought the 5L for about £28 rather than the 1L for £12. Carbon Collective are/were having a clearance with a lot of stuff and their 'satsuma' foam was reduced to make way for their new snow foam, never tried it tho.

I've used the AD Magifoam (ok), then went over to Carbon Collective Satsuma (superb!) and today I used Avalanche for the first time (the toffee flavour, FWIW).
I was impressed with Avalanche, seemed to last forever, smelt great and was nice and thick (personally I think the recommended dilution is a bit strong). Very high Citrus content too I'm led to believe, so overall pretty happy. Cheaper than Satsuma although at this point I'm not prepared to say better!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I've used the AD Magifoam (ok), then went over to Carbon Collective Satsuma (superb!) and today I used Avalanche for the first time (the toffee flavour, FWIW).
I was impressed with Avalanche, seemed to last forever, smelt great and was nice and thick (personally I think the recommended dilution is a bit strong). Very high Citrus content too I'm led to believe, so overall pretty happy. Cheaper than Satsuma although at this point I'm not prepared to say better!

Hmmm, Ive been looking at the avalanche toffee one aswell mtself tbh. Might have to give it a go :)

Reactions: batch
I'm a big fan of the chemical guys honeydew snow foam but lately find myself going to more citrus based foams, I find the cleaning power is massively enhanced by the citrus.

This is the one I'm using at the moment, can use it through a pump sprayer as a pre-soak or as a snow foam through a lance.

If it's heavily soiled I tend to use it twice, once with a pump sprayer with quite a high concentration then again through a lance with a low concentration and find this gets rid of 99% of the dirt.

My car does get regularly waxed though so the constantly topped up coating will make it easier to clean.

What's the trick to getting Snowfoam right ? I've got a Lance / bottle from in2detailing cost me £17, using it with Valet pro Snowfoam and a Karcher K5. Problem is I just can't seem to get a decent thickness of foam. Playing with settings but seem to be going in circles.......

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Don't bother to snow foam but this is a minority opinion.

What's the trick to getting Snowfoam right ? I've got a Lance / bottle from in2detailing cost me £17, using it with Valet pro Snowfoam and a Karcher K5. Problem is I just can't seem to get a decent thickness of foam. Playing with settings but seem to be going in circles.......

I can't see how you can go wrong with Valet pro snow foam mate 200 mls in a 1 litre bottle that's what i do and get great results, you dont want a runny snow foam at this time of year, snow foams that cling on to your car longer in the summer will dry up on the paint,l think its all down to your pressure washer to be honest,l used K2's for years....foaming was'nt that great to be perfectly honest but l got by with it then l got a K4 and my god what difference it made to the snowfoam

I mix 200ml to 1 litre mate but for some reason the foam just see to end up too thin / watery.

That's a powerful pressure washer mate......have you calibrated the lance properly ie...the rotary knob +/- correctly
Maybe not, did have a fiddle with it but maybe altered one and counteracted the other ie :
Pressure washer setting......
Lance + - setting.... .
Spray width twist adjuster setting....

I'm sure it's me pratting about to much , frustrating as I'm sure the stuff I've got is up to the job .....

Nothing like human error

Reactions: Jassyo06
0960683a8cd729f5c9114ee390968b3c.jpg

Reactions: Scotty75
Reactions: A4A4