Snapped Spring

Tom5190

Reaction score
The car is an '08 8P S3

So I woke up this morning, reversed the car out of a parking space to hear a huge clunk. I've heard that noise before I was 99% sure it was a spring, drove to my unit got the car up and sure enough I've snapped the top coil off the front N/S spring.

I planned on getting some Coilovers for it later in the year so I was tempted to go cheap as posible aftermarket for the spring, rang the usual's, Andrew Page, NPA, Euro etc and none of them stock the spring.

TPS do have one but I was a little annoyed at having to spend £95 on a spring especially as I just rinsed the £830 on the group buy clutch kit just the day before!

I'm a little shocked as I've never changed any suspension parts (apart from ARB's) on any VAG's that I can remember. Have I just been unlucky somehow or are other people getting this?

happens all the time, i wouldn't bother with doing the springs. just put some coilovers on the credit card haha

Thought I'd update this.

Coilovers were sold, I just bought the spring. I fit it on Tuesday when it arrived, I was told by a few of my mates that there a nightmare to do :s It took a little over an hour in total there really easy. (minus the time it spent to find a 21mm swan neck as I didn't have one :mad:)

TPS price - £81.54inc VAT