Smoothie Says Goodbye Audi-Sport

Caddy badges on a VR6 is funny in an ironic way. ///M badges on a 4 pot diesel is funny but not in an ironic way.

The badge is coming off so it's a non subject anyway :salute:

The M tech badge is minor, the fact that its a BMW on the otherhand isn't.....:ninja:

Awe, Nate thats not fair - I still have memories of my old E30 318 - on wet roundabouts keep it under 2500 revs in 2nd or you WILL end up facing the wrong way :lmfao:

It's really funny to read some of the comments! Myself and 1inchpunch are both members on the e90post which is a great forum and obviously we joined because we were drivin e90's at the time but we still frequent there and why shouldn't the op remain an avid member on this forum?? At the end of the day you join to gain information but end up making new friends and hav a crack, why the need to say goodbye? Stay on board mate, join a Beemer forum too to get the gen on your new purchase but stay here too. As for the m badge opinions..... Do they fit an m badge on the boot from factory? No! Ok the op has requested a debadge anyway but the only cars that come with m badges on the boot are that from the m division the same as s3. Audi don't fit s line on the boot as don't BMW fit m tech. Manufacturers will only fit the model, I.e a3 2.0 tdi quattro or 320d in the ops new cars case. Again it all comes down to a matter of opinion but it's a no no in my opinion. Theres also been a few digs about bm's in the snow..... This goes for any car, fit winter tyres!!!! Front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, 4 wheel drive if you ain't got the right tyres it makes scud all difference! I'm not gonna day goodbye mate as I don't agree with that only because you've changed marques. You'll love the new motor bud, there great cars!

As for the m badge opinions..... Do they fit an m badge on the boot from factory? No! Ok the op has requested a debadge anyway but the only cars that come with m badges on the boot are that from the m division the same as s3. Audi don't fit s line on the boot as don't BMW fit m tech. Manufacturers will only fit the model, I.e a3 2.0 tdi quattro or 320d in the ops new cars case. Again it all comes down to a matter of opinion but it's a no no in my opinion.

Who would have known a little badge could cause such havoc, Audi do fit S-line badges to the rear quarters and after 09 to the front wings IIRC and its not an M3 badge its an ///M badge, its good enough for the steering wheel, sill plates, gearstick and the wheels so its good enough for the boot lid if someone chooses! And yes you can have one fitted at the dealers when purchasing the car, you can have the car de-badged, and ///M badge or just the model number!

But as i have said the car has been de-badged for my personal preference, as i requested it when i did a deal on the car, not for someone else's version of right and wrong

:icon_thumright: Nice choice of car. I had an E92 up until November last year when I dropped it as 4 seats were proving useless!!!

Have to admit, I miss mine terribly.

Enjoy your new toy :drool:

having an M badge on a M sport is ok imho. I dont like it but its not lying in anyway! the car is a M-Sport!!! original E30 325 sports (m-sport) used to have the M bade on the rear next to 325i "FROM FACTORY"

on the other hand, this is totally unacceptable and very sad imho
IMG_1461.jpg

Good luck with the new car fella, lovely car you have picked to! :)

Love the look of that model in any colour!

Sorry to see you go Smooth, got a few little hints of inspiration from your motor including the Pressed plates i got fitted from Rockvale Graphics that came today. . . Very happy with the quality of the plates. . . . All the way from ireland to the UK haha. . . and also coming home lights thanks to Jonny Boy :)

P7040060.jpg

P7040059.jpg

Good luck with your new motor fella ;)

Gosh !! it all happens up there doesn't it :)

Right, I'm struggling here........ what's worse.... an M3 badge on a non M3, or Bentley wheels on an Audi?? :lmfao:

roflcopter, such *****ing over a badge!

Wish I hadn't bought it up now lol!

Smoothie what's it like to drive compared to your Audi?

Anyway forget the badge issue - will the indicators work is a much more important question. :jester:

Enjoy you new motor. :beerchug:

Paul

I've been meaning to do a kind of mini review comparing my e90 320d to the A3. 4 months and still not got round to it.

Nothing is worse than a BMW

There is surely, all the poverty spec A3's until you dump about £4000 into them

Night and Day, an A3 is the best hatchback out there, but this is not a hatchback lol E92 is a different league from the A3, much bigger car so its underpowered with a 2.0 Diesel but thats the engine i wanted for economy, insurance and tax reasons. The 325d would be perfect power wise and is still same insurance as 320 but its is a 3.0l so with that would come increased running costs and service costs, don't see the point in the 3.0 as you'll always wish you had the 335d

Reactions: paddy
for what its worth Smoothy i am in agreement with you. Audi's are pitiful on basic driver aids and why they even bother to quote a list price when no one is ever going to buy one in list price config is beyond me. I mean a £32k S3 that's +£90 to get a map light is taking the **** on a model thats 8 years out of date before you start. Dont mention the valves, the clutch, the turbo, the crap leather, the instant rusting wheel hubs, the lack of DAB bla bla..
enjoy your BM mate, its a big step up from an audi shopping trolley :)

Good on you smooth, TBH i looked at them when i was buying my A3, only reason i opted to not go for one is because i wanted a bigger engine and my sis will buy one soon which most probably would be a 320D. I thought i would go for the A3 and maybe when im 23-24 ill go for an S3.

I agree the E92 has alot more road appeal you cant compare a family hatch to a coupe lets be honest ...

I like the A5s aswell its an odd ball the A5 Vert looks better than the E92 vert but the e92 coupes look better than the A5 coupes in my opinion hard decision enjoy your new purchase tho