smokers pack delete

josh2303

Reaction score
ive looked around on here and cant find the answer to my question
ive got a 2010 a3 , im looking for the part numbers for the rubber tray that replaces the ashtray , is it the same as the pre face lift part number ? 8p0 863 301 a 4pk ?

My guess is yes it will fit, that's only a guess though. Just looked at the different interiors and it looks like it fits up :)

It's really easy to do, just a pain finding the hex bolt in the middle of the handle. I think you can get some trim to light the area up as well

ive never took anything apart on the inside of the a3 before , way to nervous to do it to be honest lol

It's easy to do the swap, just need a 8mm socket and a 5mm Alan key (nearly typed anal key there) :whistle2:

Just pop some painting tape round the opening for the 5mm so you don't scratch anything like I did

I'm looking to order the same part for my 2011 BE - is that the same part as above?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread :)

Last edited:
I'm looking to order the same part for my 2011 BE - is that the same part as above?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread :)
Yes its the same part number.

Reactions: The Governor
Would it fit my 2006 A3? I've got the smokers pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah it will fit, I fitted in mine:

8P0 863 38 7A - Flip cover cigarette lighter thing (black)
8P0 863 301 A APK - ashtray delete (rubber cubby hole)

that's the full non smokers pack

Nice.
Thank you very much for the part numbers!!

I meant "4PK" not APK

Reactions: SaroshM
Would it fit my 2006 A3? I've got the smokers pack.

Yes it will, you take the ashtray out and install it.

Reactions: SaroshM
Ordered the ashtray delete this morning from tps £12 including vat for anyone thats interested

I got mine from Stoke Audi for about £17, just arrived :) I just gave the centre gearstick trim a gentle tug and it didn't feel like it wanted to come up easily. Going to have another go in a bit, hopefully it won't turn into an epic nightmare :)

I just need to shave my **** and balls first, then get onto this.

Reactions: Sherv
Is that tps a website? Could you share a link as I also want to do the ashtray delete. Thanks :)

All done :) Productive day yesterday, ashtray delete and put a DAB tune in for my new stereo. Just need to eliminate the alternator whine now...

I did the ashtray delete without removing the climate control unit, the screws at the back of the grab handles are in the top right hand corner of the cubby so you can get to them, it's a bit fiddly but I wasn't brave enough to remove the AC :) Took me about an hour and half, most of that was fiddling with those back screws...

Wish I'd done this years ago!

Just fitted mine today, definately don't have to remove the grab handles or the climate control panel.

Was a doddle, amazed by how much space it actually creates.