Smoke Testing Meet - Dates TBA.

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok guys and girls,

In preparation for the upcoming RR day at Awesome Gti (dates TBA), I think a smoke testing meet is a good idea for those whom are unsure on the condition of their boost system or air leaks in general.

The garage in Yorkshire that i found whom have the kit to carry this out are based in Batley, West Yorkshire. They are more than willing for a few of us to attend as a meet for group smoke testing.

Each car roughly takes around 15-20 mins to test and ideally would take place upon opening time on a Saturday morning.

Please bare in mind that this is an independent garage business and meets like this are very restricted to Saturday's to allow enough time to get us all in and not affect other work they have on for their other customers.

Who would be interested in attending?

*Please state below in the next post (attendee list) if you would like to attend and give possible dates that you could attend (Saturdays only).

Example:

1. ShaunS3 - 23rd August

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Shaun.

Attendee List:

1. ShaunS3 - 23rd August
2. Phil-1 - Any weekend in September
3. AVLO - Any saturday would be ok for me (given notice)

Last edited:
Phil - Can only do September

Hi Phil,

Put your name down anyway to register your interest in attending the meet and possible dates in September that you can attend.

The dates are subject to best possible using the dates people give to get the most attendance.

Shaun.

Attendee List:

1. ShaunS3 - 23rd August
2. Phil-1 - Any weekend in September
3. AVLO - Any saturday would be ok for me (given notice)

I'm happy to attend and would benefit from one of these tests to gauge condition of hoses and pipe work.

Holy thread revival...

I'm going for another smoke test in the near future.

Anyone still interested in attending?

Shaun.

Reactions: Sandra