Smoke after ecotune remap

*Müllërz

REVOlutionary
Reaction score
Hi

I recently got a ecotune remap and have noticed more black soot/smoke when changing gear.it is also more noticable as my car is ibis white and the back gets dirtier much faster than the rest of the car. there are black spots over the tailpipe, rear bumper rear boot lid/glass
also sometimes the car starts wheel spinning and slight shake when i am accelerating fast and trying to gain speed

I have compared it with my seat leon which has the same 2.0tdi engine same mileage and no remap...It definatly gives out more smoke

I have been told it will clear in a few weeks and a service and cataclean would also help

looked at a few threads on here but none explaining the root cause along with anybody resolving their smoke issues

the car also shakes when idle from the front and feels like thats where it starts from and goes to the back end of the car or jus shakes not continuosly or violently but a small shake for a second then a gap of 2-5 seconds and a shake a gain for a second

Has anybody had similar experiences and fixed these issues?

thanks in advance for any advice

The smoke and black spots are from over fuelling maybe because of over boosting or a boost leak and the other symptoms sound like clutch slip or flywheel related,have you taken the car anywhere to have a look or back to the tuners ?

I'd get in touch with Ecotune.
Sounds like overfuelling issue, which is not very ecological.

I havnt taken it back yet
i was going to try getting a service and adding cataclean but will look into the boost leak
Regarding the shaking it does it more when warm and stops when i put the front and rear window heater on, dont know how thats related

just got the software taken off...the car only has hot start on it now..no more smoking too:p
Any good remap suggestions