SMELL OF PETROL IN OIL

Joshua Ward

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found the smell of fuel in my oil around a week ago, so I instantly stopped driving it and ordered a new HPFP (which I was lead to believe from previous posts was the issue) had a brand new one from Audi and fitted it along with a full oil change and filter change, just did a cursory check today and still there is a strong smell of it in the oil if any of you have any experience on this matter your advise would be most appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

I have had similar recently and ended up with a spark plug in cylinder #2 with a thin oily residue and the other 3 with a carbon build up ( plugs where newly put in 10 days earlier ) so could be worth checking the pcv , plus on your hpfp did you strip it to see what was wrong with it just that where the 2 brass parts come out from hpfp there is 1 washer in each off them so it was worth checking they where there and tighten up .

I replaced the pcv valve in March, checked my plugs last month and they were fine and no I didnt strip the pump I still have it so ill have a look but don't have a deep enough socket the get over the spring.

I replaced the pcv valve in March, checked my plugs last month and they were fine and no I didnt strip the pump I still have it so ill have a look but don't have a deep enough socket the get over the spring.
Take the 2 bras bits out check there is washers in them , as I couldn't see there being a problem with the pump if the spring is intact , did you change Cam follower when you removed old pump and fitted new pump.

Worth having the injectors tested as well. If one or more are not switching off, fuel will constantly dribble into the cylinder.

Reactions: Retroman and ch1z64