Small Tank?

bodyhq

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just filled up for the 1st time today from empty and the tank was full at 45 litres? Seems a bit small - for some reason I thought it was 54 litre tank?

What is everyone else getting? Mine is the 2.0 TFSI 190.

Hi!

The 54 liter fuel tank is an optional extra, you can select it at the end of the configurator. I dont actually know how big is the standard size.

Standard is 54 IIRC.

58 is the larger one which is standard on the Quattro models.

Standard is 54 IIRC.

58 is the larger one which is standard on the Quattro models.

Do you think it's a matter of running in period?

I guess you get close to 58 in your Quattro?

I filled up this morning with the fuel on red and my range saying 20 miles.

I still only managed 53 litres so that's 5 still in the tank. Similar to you with a 54 tank.

Clearly they are playing it safe with some reserve in the tank.

Reactions: bodyhq
I ended up with the Ad blue tank on my TDi, i've done 1300 miles so far and not been asked for any top up yet. Compared to my previous B8 TDi, this costs me £56 to fill up roughly compared to £67.

Using audi drive select too in dynamic i get about 370/380 miles. I've put it in efficiency for now to see how that fares, but it does make the car feel pretty dull to drive compared to dynamic, done 40 miles and still showing as 490 miles left on the range.

According to the price list, all tanks are 58 litres except:

2.0 TDI & TDI Ultra 190 2WD = 40 litres
2.0 TFSI 190 2WD = 54 litres

Holy Ghost! 40 litre tank in a 2.0 tdi? That's annoyingly small. I curse the 75l tank of my C7 A6 2.0 tdi every time I have to fill it but it does have its advantages.

Holy Ghost! 40 litre tank in a 2.0 tdi? That's annoyingly small. I curse the 75l tank of my C7 A6 2.0 tdi every time I have to fill it but it does have its advantages.

You should try cursing my 75L tank on the S7. I do, every 300 miles, but what a fun filled 300 miles they are :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Plus the Adblue too don't forget, i know for a fact my 2.0 Tdi costs me £55-57 to fill up. No way is that 40L.

Plus the Adblue too don't forget, i know for a fact my 2.0 Tdi costs me £55-57 to fill up. No way is that 40L.

I thought that too. But https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/...5-Coupe-Sportback-and-Cabriolet-pricelist.pdf...

Tanksize

How strange, i filled my car up on Saturday and it took 49 litres of fuel, i've done 1900 miles and not needed any adblue yet either.

Worth noting too, i only got 340 miles out of efficiency mode, so i was actually getting better MPG in dynamic bizarrely. I know for a fact my 13 plate was costing £67/68 to fill up and getting 420 miles (460 on motorways) and this is getting 350/360 for £58 so it's about the same right :)

How strange, i filled my car up on Saturday and it took 49 litres of fuel, i've done 1900 miles and not needed any adblue yet either.

Worth noting too, i only got 340 miles out of efficiency mode, so i was actually getting better MPG in dynamic bizarrely. I know for a fact my 13 plate was costing £67/68 to fill up and getting 420 miles (460 on motorways) and this is getting 350/360 for £58 so it's about the same right :)

Aha is your 2.0 a quattro? Just noticed, the quattro 2.0 has 58 litre tank in the table above!

Nope, standard 2.0 tdi.

I reckon the site is wrong!