Small but ANNOYING

iamwhatiammomo

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the dipped lights icon on the dial lights up green?.. the main beam, the fog light etc seem to be lighting up perfectly but the dipped beam icon light doesn't come on & im sure it did before or is that just me?

Mine don't either on my MY08 A3, and yes it is annoying!
I have the auto lights & wipers and the only way for me to tell if the lights are on in dull weather is to look to see if the buttons for the map reading lights above the rear view mirror are illuminated!

when the side lights are on the icon on the headlight switch lights up green

02401027.jpg

well my footwells light up red, the controls on the Climate control unit light up red and i have a red light under the climate unit that glows...

but what is the problem anyway? the auto lights function is there so that you can concentrate on driving, not playing with headlight switch...

itwasntme yeah that green light doesn't light up on mine anymore, came on briefly then turned back off :S but all the others work fine.. its a small issue but after seeing it on then not being there is soo damn annoying!

Saw the title of the thread and thought it was about my wife...:))

Like others have said, the green light on the actual headlight switch lights up when lights are on but nothing else.

itwasntme yeah that green light doesn't light up on mine anymore, came on briefly then turned back off :S but all the others work fine.. its a small issue but after seeing it on then not being there is soo damn annoying!

oh so you have lost that green light on the headlight switch? that sounds wrong. have you scanned the car for any faults?