slow to power up. 8L Bam

whizz371

Reaction score
Morning all. I had my first outing in my S3 over the weekend. I was hoping there might be some feed back here. My impression is that it seems to be quite slow in reaching the power band which comes in about 2.75k rpm, then goes like a train. I am getting a Vagcom this week which might give me some clues. Although did a check on it 4 weeks ago when purchased and all looked spot on. It may be my driving style? I am used to changing up and just flooring the throttle. It was a hillclimb and it came off the line well , but obviously I could get the revs up. What seemed the issue to me was coming out of the hairpins in first revs built quite quickly then into 2nd and very dull until the revs built. Obviously not looking for definitive answers, but just a few thoughts to help me on the way. I am running a K04 with 257 bhp ( engine ) @ 5k rpm / 287 lb ft torque.

Sorry mate, no idea from me...if it's boosting fine then I doubt if you have any pipes leaking, have you done a smoke test?...best to scan it and come back with the results. Hopefully then someone will come back with more information...good luck.