slow retracting seat belts after interior swap.

andy.l

Reaction score
Apologies for all my asking help threads guys.

I swapped over the interior yesterday from beige uppers to the S4 Black stuff, the seat belt height adjuster pieces looked exactly the same but now they're fitted the seat belts won't retract without help freely. I've noticed when I removed the piece again that the belt twists on itself behind, is this normal or have I twisted it somehow when doing the swap. Should the belt be all around the same way from spool to belt clip if you get what I mean. Can get pics later if that also helps.

Thanks

Andy

I've had this issue but it's gradually freed itself up although it's not what it used to be. How was the swapper. Only part that worries me is the pillars that run down the windscreen and tuck by the sides of the dash! Is it easy enough?

Cool. I'll keep an eye on them and hope they free up a bit.

Yeah those bits were 2 of the more easy bits to be honest, there's 1 torx behind the airbag cap, 2 torx in the 'oh ****' handles,3 trim clips and then the bit at the very corner by the dash slips onto a big spigot, really easy to line up and refit too.

Checked again when I got home from work as the belts were just not moving at all once pulled out. Took the plastic trim off and yes both belts were twisted,so I fed them through correctly. They still were very slow so I pulled them completely out to their full length and gave them a wipe down with some Mr Sheen (read on internet it works),tried again but still slow,then I noticed that the plastic spigot which sticks out from the bodyshell that the height adjuster squeeze handle connects too was in completely the wrong place and therefore pushing into the belts when the plastic trim was replaced,sorted this and located them properly and now they zip back very rapid indeed. So happy as I thought id done something drastically wrong and an expensive belt bill was looming.