Slow PS3 Download Speed

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas, my laptop d/ls very quickly, but on the PS3, it takes forever, both are on a wireless network.

But its just so frustrating trying to d/l a demo off the PSN, but it takes an ABSOLUTE age!!!

Anyone got any ideas as to why this might be happening???

Thanks in advance.
Nilz

I'm unsure what the issue is here, it is more than likely the contention ratio of connections to PSN, which will limit the Bandwidth available.

Try using the cat6 cable that came with the PS3 and use it in conjunction with your router. In other words plug the cable in instead of using the wireless. Test and see if the DL speed is the same.

Mine is using the ethernet connection as i find it much much faster.

G

Cheers Dude, that was on my list to do, so i will see if i can get a cable today and give it a go and see if it makes a difference.

Will let you know :)

Nliz...

You should have a cable in the box the PS3 came in mate.

If you dont have one dont go buying another one, i'll send you one!

G

what model PS3 you got?

The wireless cards in the newer versions have a ****** card/driver which seems to get pointed at for those who get slow download speeds.

Dont suffer from them myself thankfully... but I know theres boat loads that do... defo check it out via cable.

And see what you get back from speedtest.net

Hey guys, thanks for the responses, I have had to move the router into another room, and thats why i think its slowed down, I did a test with a cable and it made a huge difference, dont worry I didnt buy the cable, I had one lying around.

So i think the best thing is to get the router back in the room and try it wirelessly again to see if it works quicker, and if it doesnt, i will just connect it with a wire, at least this way its not trailing across the house...lol!!

what model PS3 you got?

The wireless cards in the newer versions have a ****** card/driver which seems to get pointed at for those who get slow download speeds.

Dont suffer from them myself thankfully... but I know theres boat loads that do... defo check it out via cable.

And see what you get back from speedtest.net

How much PS3 costs?