Sline springs Vs RS4

bobby singh

BSR
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has put RS4 springs on a B8 with S line suspension?
I understand sline springs are lower than SE models by approx 10mm
RS4 would be further lower but by how much?

Cheers
Bobby

Bobby get the Eibach Pro kit. OEM comfort and some nice handling.

This is my A4 with Eibach pro kit on sline shocks. Dropped 20-25mm over standard height

IMG 2748

Reactions: V6_Man
Agreed with Eibachs. Or either H&R Sport springs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks

I put on new sachs shocks (oem) and h&r sports springs yesterday. And the old shocks were really weak.
This mornings drive was a lot stiffer. The drop is approx 20mm net.
I'm happy with height but i found it on the stiff side. That could be due to the new shocks and I just got use to the sofa ride from the previous shocks haha
So was thinking maybe the rs4 springs are more forgiving.
I think I'll just put some more miles on it and judge again.

Thanks

I put on new sachs shocks (oem) and h&r sports springs yesterday. And the old shocks were really weak.
This mornings drive was a lot stiffer. The drop is approx 20mm net.
I'm happy with height but i found it on the stiff side. That could be due to the new shocks and I just got use to the sofa ride from the previous shocks haha
So was thinking maybe the rs4 springs are more forgiving.
I think I'll just put some more miles on it and judge again.
That's the H&R springs far to crashy. I remote the H&R springs from wife's car and put Eibach pro kit in and it's perfect. No compromise. H&R where to crashy and hard.

Reactions: bobby singh
That's the H&R springs far to crashy. I remote the H&R springs from wife's car and put Eibach pro kit in and it's perfect. No compromise. H&R where to crashy and hard.

That is interesting -
Have you got E10-15-011-04-22
Would be nice to have a ride in a car with Eibach pro kit for direct comparsion.

Reactions: ruairi83 and V6_Man
+1 for the Eibach pro kit. I have it installed it on my B8.5 S4 and ride is way, way better than the OE springs. It also gives the perfect drop. The difference in ride quality and most importantly handling is simply amazing and makes you wonder why did Audi not go with Eibachs or like them springs in first place. It is the first time I have actually enjoyed and felt confident going round the roundabouts in high speeds.

Pics fyi

7cafa1950c95daa72bdeb456671457af.jpg

1f2bfbd17c08023743ad8c2558845ec9.jpg

8d7b9e0f24159903ef7dba8d38112f1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 15-NSFW, JamesGlober, xpoweruk and 1 other person
Pity you aren't closer to me Bobby. I fitted the Eibach Pro springs on their own initially and it definitely improved the handling and lowered the car without having a great influence on ride quality. Mine was an SE spec car initially so it was like a boat.
I drove around for a good while like that and eventually bought a Bilstein B12 kit which is the same Eibach springs but with matched Bilstein B8 shockers. The difference was quite amazing just changing to shocks that are matched to the springs. A lot less roll, a firmer ride but it doesn't crash into pot holes or over speed bumps. I have never had anybody in the car remark about it being uncomfortable.
Most people can't believe how well it goes round corners for a big estate. The uprated rear ARB helps as well but the main thing is the spring / shocker combination.
The RS4 has electronic shock absorbers that can stiffen when the car rolls or you want a sportier ride. This means they can make the springs softer initially. The suspension is a complete package springs and shockers. I wouldn't fit RS4 coil springs unless you fitted the matching fancy shock system which would be pretty expensive.
I picked up my B12 system from German Ebay, for just over £550 .

Reactions: Chop., bobby singh and V6_Man
@bobby singh, not sure if it is the right comparison but I live close to Windsor (Oxford actually) and happy to let you try mine if it helps. Give me a shout if handy and we'll arrange something.

Pity you aren't closer to me Bobby. I fitted the Eibach Pro springs on their own initially and it definitely improved the handling and lowered the car without having a great influence on ride quality. Mine was an SE spec car initially so it was like a boat.
I drove around for a good while like that and eventually bought a Bilstein B12 kit which is the same Eibach springs but with matched Bilstein B8 shockers. The difference was quite amazing just changing to shocks that are matched to the springs. A lot less roll, a firmer ride but it doesn't crash into pot holes or over speed bumps. I have never had anybody in the car remark about it being uncomfortable.
Most people can't believe how well it goes round corners for a big estate. The uprated rear ARB helps as well but the main thing is the spring / shocker combination.
The RS4 has electronic shock absorbers that can stiffen when the car rolls or you want a sportier ride. This means they can make the springs softer initially. The suspension is a complete package springs and shockers. I wouldn't fit RS4 coil springs unless you fitted the matching fancy shock system which would be pretty expensive.
I picked up my B12 system from German Ebay, for just over £550 .

Thanks Karl - I don't think I will change the shocks now as I've only just fitted the sachs/zf replacements. As you know I don't do track days in mine its more of a work horse and needs to be comfortable. With the A5 wheels that I fitted it looked like a 'All Roader', but the lowering of 20mm has fixed that so I'm pleased with the height.
Comfort is more important than the cornering speed to me

@bobby singh, not sure if it is the right comparison but I live close to Windsor (Oxford actually) and happy to let you try mine if it helps. Give me a shout if handy and we'll arrange something.

Wow thats a kind offer thanks - I think its conclusive Eibach are more forgiving :)

Can anyone confirm if the part number I mentioned above is correct?

Cheers

Last edited:
I think part number is different for avant's maybe?
Here are some pic with the H&R springs
Appears to have the same lowering as the Eibach springs which is good.

Back Front Side

Reactions: V6_Man and barkclark
Shame I recently sold the Eibach spring kit that came with the B12 kit I bought. They were E10-15-011-02-22
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263009544459
On German Fleabay, the cheapest place to buy Eibach stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Tieferlegung-Federn-AUDI-A4-Avant-8K5-B8-/302388148285?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Pr...rings-AUDI-A4-E10-15-011-02-22-/361710037786?

The 02-22 kit seems to drop 35 Front and rear but has lower rated springs at the rear. The 04 kit says 30 Front and rear but has higher rated springs in the rear. The 02 kit seems to be for saloons and the facelift 3.0 TDI avant after 2012 where as 04 is for the Avant only and for the original B8 8K5.
I chopped the rear spring seat insulator on my car to lower the rear another 10mm and found that just right for me.

Last edited:
I have just re read the post I made above and edited it slightly. I am reasonably sure the springs I have on my car are the 04 ones. But I think the B12 kit I bought had the 02 springs in but the shockers are the same for the 2 B12 kits with the 02 and 04 springs.It was cheaper at the time.
If I had fitted 02 springs on my car I probably wouldn't have chopped the rear spring seat as it would have sat a little lower anyway.
Either way I think the Eibach kits give a better ride quality than H & R springs. It may be a few mm higher though looking at the pictures of your car.

Perfect thanks Karl. I'll order the 04 kit
A few mm higher is fine in exchange for comfort:)
Cheers

Reactions: V6_Man and ruairi83
That is interesting -
Have you got E10-15-011-04-22
Would be nice to have a ride in a car with Eibach pro kit for direct comparsion.
Yeah think that was kit I got mate.
I'm in Northern Ireland or I'd gladly give you a run in my car

So I've been doing some more digging - H&R do OE Sport Springs and I was under the impression that the 29061-2 is the correct number. However, I feel the 50361-55 is indeed the correct pn.

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/detail/springs

Judging by the spring colour I have the Sport Springs rather than OE Sport Springs

Seems the OE Sport Springs are only available for the US markets

So I've been doing some more digging - H&R do OE Sport Springs and I was under the impression that the 29061-2 is the correct number. However, I feel the 50361-55 is indeed the correct pn.

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/detail/springs

Judging by the spring colour I have the Sport Springs rather than OE Sport Springs

Seems the OE Sport Springs are only available for the US markets
This is good information mate. I had considered OE Sport Springs. But i didnt realise it was different part numbers and only available in the US

Just to follow up on this
@Tashfeen popped down and we drove each others cars, his car is a beast and drove really well with Eibach springs. He has 19" wheels with 35 profile tyres. He soon realised why I wanted H&R's off the car haha
Really nice guy - can't thanks him enough for going out of his way.
:)

Reactions: Chop., desertstorm, ruairi83 and 1 other person
Just to follow up on this
@Tashfeen popped down and we drove each others cars, his car is a beast and drove really well with Eibach springs. He has 19" wheels with 35 profile tyres. He soon realised why I wanted H&R's off the car haha
Really nice guy - can't thanks him enough for going out of his way.
:)

Haha. Hope you found it helpful.

It was a pleasure to meet you too Bobby and thanks for letting me drive your car. I never thought I'd say this about an Avant let alone a diesel but I wish I had bought an A6 BiTdi (313bhp) and then met you. It did actually made me smile.

Torque is addictive!!!

Reactions: Chop., desertstorm and bobby singh
No need for bi turbo :)
Single turbo hybrid can out perform a Bi turbo with the right wheels inside the turbo.

I had H&R super sport springs with standard shocks on for about 12 months as a stop gap. I'd say the harshness and the crashing was almost unbearable and boardering on awful!

I've taken them off now and put coilovers on and the difference is night and day

Reactions: bobby singh, barkclark and V6_Man
Thanks, looks awesome. I'll post some pics soon with Prokits on shock S-line absorbers and 18"/19" S-line wheels.

The B8 looks much better than B6 on stock S-line suspension though.

Pro kit came through - thats Sunday sorted :)

Attachments

• Eibach-pro-kit.JPG
    Eibach-pro-kit.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 596
Reactions: V6_Man, Gazwould, ruairi83 and 2 others
Hey @bobby singh. Did you manage to fit Eibachs? Looking forward for your first 160 miles review

They are on. Im really impressed with them so far. The ride quality is 100% better than the H&R's - it doesn't sit as low as the H&R's but thats fine as I need a comfortable car rather than a low car.
Tracking/alignment needs to be done - which will happen this week.

Thanks to everyone for input and @Tashfeen for letting me drive his car which made the decision easier :)

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man, desertstorm, lowlife89 and 1 other person
That's good to hear buddy. On a stock SE suspension it should give you decent drop but then sometimes it is not just the looks but how it 'rides' that makes the difference :sex:

Glad you have found a good improvement over the previous set up. H&R stuff always seems to ride harder than most other products for a similar spec either coil overs or springs. You can reduce the thickness of the upper rubber isolator on the rear if the rear needs lowering a little. Eibach tend to have a bit of rake front to rear.

Reactions: bobby singh and V6_Man
You forgot the most important thing - how does it look? :D
I'll update my build thread soon :)

H&R's sat 655mm from the ground to the arch (front and rear).. I'll give the Eibachs a few days to settle down and take another measurement.

Reactions: ruairi83, lowlife89 and V6_Man
I have h&r springs with standard shocks ... the h&r shocks are for sale ..if anyone interested
e59bd2d8a6999d7f83b71fae2068de8a.jpg
d6ab5c772135b2541e26210f89e198a4.jpg