Sline rear to s3 rear diffuser switch?

R55 MRU

Reaction score
Got a two piece sline rear bumper it's the main bumper part then a line and a bit with the black diffuser. I want an s3 rear I thought the diffuser would just pop out and a s3 rear would clip in. Do do I need to buy a new bottom part which holds the rear diffuser on (s3). Does anyone have part numbers and prices or any pics? Cheers

yeah you need the whole of the valance - the "holder" is a totally different shape and i don't think it's a separate piece.

i think the price is around £180ish new from Audi tho i may be mistaken.

90eebcbf.jpg

Just bought this for 85

yeah you need the whole of the valance - the "holder" is a totally different shape and i don't think it's a separate piece.

i think the price is around £180ish new from Audi tho i may be mistaken.

Correct, pre facelift S3's have a once piece valance that needs half painting and half left grey. Post facelift is a slightly different look but is in 2 pieces. the grey bit is seperate because its generic to both 3DR/SB and the lower "holder" part that you need to paint is specific to 3dr/SB as they are different sizes.

Confused? Hope not!!

So with the rear bumper I currently have what will I need to turn it into an s3 rear bumper? Part number wise

Last edited:
s-LineA3rear.jpg

s3rear.jpg

those 2 bits need to be swapped in their entirety, is basically what i'm trying to say.

the valance (painted bit in primer and the platinum bit) are a single piece for the prefacelift (although i'm aware the photo is of an 8P3 S3), and cost around £180 afaik. it fits straight onto the 8P2 S-Line bumper

as lee rightly points out the facelift is a different ballgame. the platinum bit is generic, and you need to get the right valance for your 3dr and they come in 2 parts

Last edited:
I guess it's easier to wait untill someone can provide me with the correct valance part number that I need for the sline bumper I have just bought

Okay so it's 180 from Audi. Got that. Does anyone have a part number? I will call tps in the morning

180??? For just the rear valance? When i had my quote it was just under £100 for the part but then you add VAT/TAX.

Get the right part number before you buy. I'll see if i can find the one i used.

Cheers mate I thought that was a bit ott. I remember quoting a 07 plate s3 rear diffuser to tps a month or so ago and it being 85 +vat. Surely 07 plate s3 would be a single piece? With part of te diffuser detaching because of the tow cover?

I got mine from TPS for around £80. The lower part clipped off and the diffuser I bought clipped straight on. The one Sub showed is the '09 or '10 onwards 1 piece. This is mine.

08194bfe.jpg

it occurs to me now i might have quoted you the price for the 8P3 two part lower valance.

listen to Sarah, she knows what she's on about it. i'll keep quiet! :tapedshut:

Just PMd you. The newer one is £180ish and only fits the latest rear bumper (the 1 piece). The rear bumper you need to accept the diffuser like mine is the 2 piece one where the diffuser is the platinum colour but also has some trim that gets painted the same colour as the car. Hope this all makes sense lol.

Hey Sub, took me a while to get my head around it lol!

LoL Thanks guys. Sarah has cleared this all up for me with many pictures sent back and forth lol. Ordering the diffuser tomorrow

i actually like it as it is looke like a mk5 rear bumper like that

Reactions: Over50shades
For valance, bumper repair and the whole rear bumper was painted along with the front fog housing was £450.

does anyone know if its possible to do this swap from an a3 sport to s3 diffuser? or is the 07 sport bumper one piece?

does anyone know if its possible to do this swap from an a3 sport to s3 diffuser? or is the 07 sport bumper one piece?

it can be modded to fit. i've seen a car in birmingham that's had it done. it doesn't look perfect tho. picking up the right bumper is fairly easy however and it'll look a lot better. spraying isn't the most expensive thing in the world either. you'll need an 8P2 S-Line bumper or any age of S3 bumper for this.

best of luck

Sorry to jump on this thread. I bought Russo's S Line diffuser he has just replaced.
Ive only just realized that top section of my 04 SPORT rear bumper is different to the S Line rear bumper,(i.e has the bump strip)

Will my s line diffuser clip onto my sport bumper or not?

Cheers

hey russo 25k, where did you get your diffuser from, was it direct from audi? and around the 180 mark for it yeah? I am doing the same with my 09 a3 rear bumper and was a bit confused as to what one to get but this thread helped me out cheers !

So if i buy an sline bumper for my sport back can i order a facelift s3 rear valance to clip onto the bumper from audi?

Chris

Has anyone established what the part # is for the pre-facelift S3 one piece valence-diffuser? Any help is GREATLY appreciated: cyber-pints all around. :)

so is it possible to put a 2011 s3 diffuser on a 2006 s-line bumper?

thnx mark

Has anyone established what the part # is for the pre-facelift S3 one piece valence-diffuser? Any help is GREATLY appreciated: cyber-pints all around. :)

+1

I would also like to know the part number for lower vallance shown in the pic

Can anyone confirm if S3 valance fit A3 sport rear bumper?I really want one as well :))