Sline Or Sports Suspension, How To Tell

jamespickles

Reaction score
hi all,
im a bit confused with my new a4 convertible.
its a 1.8t sport with sline 'spec'... can anyone clarify this?
how can i tell if i have the extra 10mm suspension set up. ( i want to drop it, but if i go for 30mm springs it might only go an extra 10mm)
?????

Open up your car manual or service book and you will have a list of options codes on the first page. Then you can compare these with the list of codes. Search Audi Options Codes for the list! :)

Reactions: jamespickles
No Problem, I was wondering the same thing yesterday so spent an hour trying to find out!

As above with the codes, however I thought S-line suspension was one of the few things which wasn't optional on an s-line model? Unfortunately just about everything else was still an option...

The two different types of suspension on the S line. If memory serves me one is 10mm lower than the other.

blummin confusing this, havent had chance to look for my codes yet, but i still dont think it will make sense!
defo dont want to get some 30mm lowering springs if it only goes down 10mm.....?

Never heard of either a -10mm or -30mm S-line suspension package, always -20mm compared to the SE. I could always be proved wrong though...

S-line also comes with stiffer (red) shocks than the standard SE ones

sorry, bit confusing this.... what i mean is, 'if' i have the sline pack (-20mm from SE) and i get 30mm springs.....i will only be dropping 10mm from what i have now.
'if' i have the sport pack and get 30mm springs i will drop 20mm........
correct?:think::think:

As far as I'm aware there are only 2 types:

SE Suspension - Ride height 0mm
S-line Suspension - Ride height -20mm

Therefore -30mm springs will give you a drop of -30mm and -10mm respectively. The drop quoted is always in reference to the standard ride height.

Having fitted -30mm springs to a S-line myself, with 19" wheels it does make a noticeable difference...

so, by putting the 30mm springs on, has yours just dropped 10mm? and it still makes a good difference?
thanks

The two different types of suspension on the S line. If memory serves me one is 10mm lower than the other.

Correct !! The S-Line is 10mm lower.

It appears on my options as code list as: "1BV = Sports suspension/shock absorption" and "E4J = S-line".

The B7 Cabriolet brochure (March 07) clearly states that:

S-Line Equipment inludes:
8J x 18 ‘5-arm’ design alloy wheels fitted with
235/40 R18 Y tyres
S line Sports suspension (with 10mm reduction in ride height)
S line exterior badging
Sports seats with electric lumbar adjustment
Black Pearl Nappa leather upholstery
3-spoke ‘S line’ part-perforated multi-function leather steering
wheel (with gear-change paddles on automatic models)
Brushed matt aluminium finish inlays.

Brochure can be found here:

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/UsedCars/Refresh/A4/A4 Cab - March 07.pdf

Hope that helps clarify things.