Slight Whine coming to junctions,

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi all i think im just being a bit paronoid here, but if i am in a low gear, say first or seconds not often i slow down in first but is it normal to get a slight whine noise it goes if i press te clutch down,

My friend says its normal? I recently had a majour service done by an audi speacilst this included cam belt, water pump, tensions etc, brakes and the Haldex oil and filter, im thinking would it be wroth me checking the gearbox oil? was done if not getit done?

Also he said that my ARB bushes were wearing or something and i had an leaky CV joint, i wondered if this could be anything as im getting them done in the next few weeks,

My gear box seems fine no problems what so ever i just noticed that sound and listen for it now as im always paranoid about things, sorry for the long post,

So what i wondered lol does yours do this? thanks Oski

Yeah I get that 'whine coming up to junctions' too... it's called the girlfriend :(

Lol!:haha:,

Nah this definately mechanical, i just wondered if everyone else gets the same, its not really loud or anything, i think beacuse i used to own a R5GTT its made me into a paranoid wreck every noise i hear:wacko: lol

LOL! :laugh: This is when you launch the car out of junctions right? :racer:

lol yeah indeed it is :eyebrows:

Oski, the way you phrased the question was a bit difficult to understand for me, are you talking about dropping the car into a lower gear as you are slowing down because that just sounds like it could be engine braking?

Hi Toxik, yeah basically or if you pulled off in first then let go off the throttle and let it slow down without brakes,Like a whine noise, my mate says this 100% normal but i was confused never really noticed it on any other car:uhm: cheers Oksi

Yeah that just sounds like engine braking. It's normal.

Cool thanks mate nice knowing some 1 else says it normal, the guy who serviced it took it out as he checks it for faults etc and he said it was fine, so hopefully it is, i will still look into if the gearbox oil was done if not order some oil and get the local garage to do it as i understand its a simple job just need ramp pit etc, anyway cheers Oski:thumbsup: