1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slight noise coming from rear left or right wheel

DrStrange Jun 27, 2018

1. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Allow me to be as detailed as possilbe;

When im driving, I can hear the MOST faint noise of vibration coming from my rear wheel. Cant work out if its rear left or right but the vibration noise doesnt get any louder at all with more speed just more frequent as the wheel rotates obviously, suggesting something is rubbing once per rotation.

It's not a hard vibration at all, infact its so soft, it sounds like 2 flat objects (possilby the disc) touching each other.

Its like a 'shh shh shh shh shh shha' noise.

Haha.

How good was my description above ey? :playful:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Hmm could be a few things; rear caliper sticking, wheel isn't centered (may need spigot rings), bolts are radius instead of tapered (or vice versa, whichever suits the wheel), my first port of call (and you may have already done this) would be to see if the bolts can be tightened a few notches as I had a similar noise when my front wheel was about to fly off because of this haha (well it was more because of the wrong bolts but they worked fine when I tightened them well). Could also be suspension related of course but I guess the easy/cheap things are best to play with first, oh another really annoying silly one is if it's a stone or pin stuck in the wheel had that loads and thought my car was f*cked.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  4. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

Or a stone stuck between disc & backplate

5. DrStrange

DJ, Thank you for the response dude. That's super helpful. You wouldn't believe it..but I havent checked to see if the wheel is tight! Will do so asap.

Defo not suspension but worth checking.

Will check and come back to you guys!

6. DrStrange

Thank you.

Will check. Its the most faint of noises, not like something is stuck more that it ever so slightly rubs on something.