Slight drivers door noise when cold

Itguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

ive noticed a slight drivers door noise when it's cold inside and outside. Not frozen, just cold.

It's a very slight creak, nothing major and doesn't sound like its a rattle in the door or anything.

Im thinking lubrication of a seal or lock mechanism etc - anyone else had any problems? Dealer is a 90 mile round trip so will try something at home first before booking in if I have to.

Mine has been creaking since day one.
3000 miles later and I still haven't found the will to get it sorted.
I seem to have become accustomed to it now.

Mine had a rattle that sounded like a pen was bouncing about in the driver's door pocket. Again, I've had my car since January (cold weather) and noticed that the rattle seemed to disappear as the car interior warmed up during each journey.
I've tried lubricating the door seals but I'm still undecided as to whether or not it's cured the problem.

Mine had a rattle that sounded like a pen was bouncing about in the driver's door pocket. Again, I've had my car since January (cold weather) and noticed that the rattle seemed to disappear as the car interior warmed up during each journey.
I've tried lubricating the door seals but I'm still undecided as to whether or not it's cured the problem.

What are you using to lubricate the door seals?

I used "Einszett Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick 100ml - Rubber Treatment - Roll On" - got it from Mick's Garage on a well known auction site - two for a tenner!

I'm not sure whether it was recommended here or on another forum.

As above, it is the door seals, modern car design has resulted in this issue...

Furniture polish that contains silicon, works on sticky curtain rails as well...

I noticed today that my driver's door rattles. At first I thought it was my sunglasses case, but when I removed the case the noise was still present. I sounds like a pen rattling around but there's nothing in the door. This could drive me crazy as I hate rattles and one reason I opted for an Audi.

I used "Einszett Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick 100ml - Rubber Treatment - Roll On" - got it from Mick's Garage on a well known auction site - two for a tenner!

I'm not sure whether it was recommended here or on another forum.

+1... I use this too and it has sorted the problem. I have to re apply every couple of months.

einszett gummi pflege / rubber care stick - 100ml | eBay

I'm sure I read somewhere on here not to apply silicon spray etc to rubber seals as it actually speeds up the degradation of the rubber?

Seems sorted now, used a very thin film of silicone grease on both door rubbers. Let's see how long it lasts!

Reactions: McAudi