Slight Detail

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Spent a few hours cleaning my car today, mainly because my new foam lance arrived this morning so needed to give it a punt...

Foamed the car and left it for about 5 minutes and the foam did the trick and lifted most of the crud off the car once I washed it off (including the wheels which was good).

Image027.jpg

Image028.jpg

Image029.jpg

I have to say the foam lance produced LOTS of foam which was fun....right up untill Milly (next doors cat) started eating the foam that was on the drive :ohmy:.

Did the usual 2 bucket wash etc with a lambswool mit etc and gave it a dry off with a waffle weave drying towel.

Didnt bother claying the car as it was only done a month or so ago prior to a machine polish so the paints still nice and clean.

Lobbed on a couple of coats of wax (Collinite) and then tried out my other new purchase....Dodo Juice Red Mist. Smells like you can drink it and really gives the paint a nice deep glossy shine on top of the wax. Cleaned all the glass inside and out, dressed all the plastics and also gave the windows a fresh coat of Rain-Ex. Wheels sealed with Poor Boys and inside given a good vacuum.

Couple of shots (although taken before the tyres and plastics dressed)

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

Cars also a bit of a misfit now as I've got A3Turbo's old back lights on it, I'm still to do the fronts.

The sun came out shortly after I'd finished and the paint really pops now which is good (for about a day till it rains or the bugs attack the front end again).

Anyway, Give Collinite and Red Mist a go if you want super slick smooth glossy paint :)

Tom

PS: The cats still alive, she's sitting on top of my shed so perhaps snowfoam isnt too bad for them after all....she seemed to like the taste anyway.

Great work, what make is the foam lance is it Karcher? if so how much was it? did you use warm water?

The foam lance is the one cleanyourcar.co.uk sell. I did have the Karcher one (with the little yellow bottle) but its more of a way to get soap onto the car rather than produce any foam. Its on a karcher jetwash though.

T

Looking good there Tom. Shame the sun wasn't out, would have been even more gleamier! I'm tempted to do my rear lights now...not that expensive either. Was it an easy fit? I have a pressure washer sat in my garage, looks like I need to invest in a foam lance too now...:hubbahubba:

Nice one Tom, I may have to pop down to yours one day for a detailing session, I want mine to look as shiney as yours!!!

Looking good there Tom. Shame the sun wasn't out, would have been even more gleamier! I'm tempted to do my rear lights now...not that expensive either. Was it an easy fit? I have a pressure washer sat in my garage, looks like I need to invest in a foam lance too now...:hubbahubba:

It certainly looked good as I gazed out the window at work at 5.30am this morning as the sun came up!. Really nice deep shine.

The rear lights are really easy to fit, you just need to get some amber bulbs for the indicators. The lights are held in with 4 bolts that you access by dropping the access panels on each side of the boot. Well worth doing as it really freshens the rear up.

Yep, thats the one. I got a big bottle of the PH Neutral foam too. I put an inch of the solution in the bottle and topped it up with warm water. I actually foamed the car 3 times, one layer on top of the next just to use it up....an inch of solution and the rest water gives enough to do one car by a long way. I dont think I'll need to buy any more foam for a long time :)

Nice one Tom, I may have to pop down to yours one day for a detailing session, I want mine to look as shiney as yours!!!

Ha, my rates are very reasonable ;)

nice job Tom, those foam lances are excellant, hardest bit is gauging how much to use to get the most out of a tub of foam.... i use hot water in mine as suggested by PB... tis good tip if you dont do already....

Looking Sweet! :respekt:

Makes me want to do mine but the weather has turned here :crying:

I'm hopefully going to pick up some genuine BBS LM's on Wed next week, I've taken the day off so I can fit them and give my car a AWESOME clean! I've deliberately let my car get really dirty so when I clean it and fit the new wheels I'll be even more impressed, lol!

Good job, I need to invest in one of those foamers.

Looking good Tom, glad my Rear lights found their way onto your car :)

Ditch the collinite and get some Dodo Prime lime glaze, and some Dodo Light fantastic wax the finish will be 10x better!

Looking good though!

Jason

or you could use werkstat which is just as good - only sold by PB though as imported from Ze German's....highly recommend that kit

I'm working my through the Collinite, got a bit more to use up and I'll give the Werkstat or Dodo Juice a punt. I'm drawn to the Collinite as its so hard wearing, a coat lasts for months.

I top the foam bottle up with hot water before attaching it to the jet wash....result ='s loads of foam!.

T

I'm hopefully going to pick up some genuine BBS LM's on Wed next week, I've taken the day off so I can fit them and give my car a AWESOME clean! I've deliberately let my car get really dirty so when I clean it and fit the new wheels I'll be even more impressed, lol!

Sweet. Before you fit them, seal them with a few coats of Poorboys. Will be much easier whilst they're off the car.

hey thats the beauty, we all have opinions...ive not used the other products but have a neighbour that uses both - polished bliss swear by the werkstat stuff, thats good enough for me.... and most pro detailers will use the werkstat as a top end product

I'm happy to work my way through loads of waxes and trying them out, I'm not bothered about staying with one. If I find something else I like I'll use it in the summer but keep the collinite for the winter as its so hard wearing.

Its hard to get a good finish on a silver car though, if it was a flat or darker colour the results would be a bit better I'm sure. To be fair though any coat of wax makes any car look better than 99% of cars you see out and about.

Its sitting pretty on the drive now though looking great in the sun so I'm happy for now 8)

I'll order a werkstat kit and give it a go. Expect a picture laden thread sooner or later with the results!.

Does Stella work as payment???

Sweet. Before you fit them, seal them with a few coats of Poorboys. Will be much easier whilst they're off the car.

Cheers for that, I was going to put a thread up on how to go about sealing alloys :-D

Cheers for that, I was going to put a thread up on how to go about sealing alloys :-D

Easy peasy. Get yourself some wheel sealer from cleanyourcar.co.uk and give them a couple of coats.

I did mine when I first got them (about 2000 miles ago) and the crud just hoses off...great!.

T