Slight coolant loss v6

Chillout

Reaction score
I have a very slight coolant loss of about 2-3mm under the top line on the expansion tank at cold, I seem to think it fluctuates dependant on ambient some days it's up and other's its down I did pressure test it to 1.5 bar a few months ago with no loss.

i wondered if it could be down to evaporation as I replaced the radiator a year ago and I can't see any signs of leakage
does anyone have experience of this ?

cheers

I have the same issue on a 2.0 tdi, replaced rad & pressure tested, no leaks, next up is IM to check for any leak markings as advised by a mastertech mate, I'll clean the IM whilst its of :)

Its annoying me as the car runs perfectly fine, which makes me think its not a head issue, no signs of a leak.

I have the same issue on a 2.0 tdi, replaced rad & pressure tested, no leaks, next up is IM to check for any leak markings as advised by a mastertech mate, I'll clean the IM whilst its of :)

Its annoying me as the car runs perfectly fine, which makes me think its not a head issue, no signs of a leak.

A mastertech mate eh ? Lucky you I could do with one well even just a mate would be good , with a bit of luck my sisters bf will remember to take a pressure tester home for an overnight test hopefully its not the head as I was concerned about the secondary water pump not running after the audi software update.

lol, yes I expressed the tech bit to advise it came from a good source (mostly) lol.

I just want to find the poxy leak as its annoying me I cant, arrgghhh.

Had sudden loss of coolant a year ago, unable to find leak so added some stuff Bars or Barrs which I remember using on old 1950's/60's cars. Did the trick though as no loss since.

Under pressure just now at a bar or 14.7 psi if your metric thinking it might be the head hope not though but I can't see traces I would prefer it to be the matrix .

Under pressure just now at a bar or 14.7 psi if your metric thinking it might be the head hope not though but I can't see traces I would prefer it to be the matrix .

It held pressure overnight however I don't think the matrix was pressurised as the climate valves were shut from google it looks like it is a twin port valve that isolates both the flow and the return does any one have experience of this as its a big strip down to prove .

Didn't know there was a valve for this, I have a whole heater unit somewhere here, so will check if it has valves on the coolant circuit.

Didn't know there was a valve for this, I have a whole heater unit somewhere here, so will check if it has valves on the coolant circuit.

I think it must have valve like a zone valve on you heating at home ,I had one solenoid stick on heating I was sweating like a celebrity!

Ok not a well known one as it was a fiesta.

I think it would look similar to this thanks to google

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 96