Slight blue smoke on startup parked downhill!?!?

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi Guys and the knowledge,

Got myself a TTS 2008 auto with all the trimmings, had it for almost 2 years now. I park the car on my drive which is quite steep (car points downhill on drive overnight).

When i start the car, there is some blue smoke in the vapours on first start up. Is this ok or is it engine damage? Can the oil in the top of the cam reside from pointing downhill overnight and then be burnt off on startup?

I am not using a lot of oil i.e. I don't need to top it up each month etc.

As it is the auto, have to give it some revs to get it to reverse off the driveway and there is quite a cloud of smoke but does dissipate. I also notice quite a "cloud" at night if someone is behind me with their lights on and i put my foot down, not flooring it, but just to pull away a bit.

Car has done 53,000 miles. Had all the servicing audi can throw at it! Do about 10,000 miles per year. Not been modified or chipped etc. I replaced the PCV i think it is on the front of the engine last year as that malfunctioned. Nice one audi, and several other items around the car ;-)

I will try and park it the other way or on the flat to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any advice.

Ro