sky

SteveS

S6 avant
Reaction score
after spending 2 weeks watching more tv than usual, mainly sky that costs us £40 a month ive discovered that my dvd rack has got more ****!ng films than sky movies. how many times can you watch 'maniquin' and polar express?:puke2:

yup, i got sky+ and multiroom a whopping 47 quid a month and all i watch is discovery or e4

Yep, another really disappointing xmas selection by sky.

And the karate kid 1-3, air bud and die hard 3 always seems to be on.

Don't even have freeview.

Sky's great (although pricey) until you have a fault with it.

It takes forever (litterally) to get to get through to them on the phone and then the results can be pretty poor.

My last experience was on 11th December. The thing just completely stopped. It was "searching for channels", constantly. Great.

Got through to sky, spoke to one agent who was clueless, so was put through to the Sky+ technical division (yeah right) who was clearly overseas. He went through exactly the same as the firts agent; ie check & unplug (yup - I'd already done that), so was then put through to someone else as there was a fault with my system (no 5hit sherlock).

Because I live in a thwo bedroom semi cottage with the dish on the chimney I need a high lift (!!) engineer to look at the dish. God help those that live in flats.....

The earliest they could book me in...? 11th January - a month later!! I moan a treat so the lady says that she'll email the engineering dept and get an earlier dates from them, and that they'll ring me in the next day or so.

(Strangely enough) They don't so I ring them. I speak to another technical advisor who actually know what she's doing!! She gets me to swap the LNB leads around and hey presto the box works, but with ltd functionality; one of the LNBs is faulty so I can only record what I am watching. This is 10000% better than no telly (I habe no aerial) over Xmas!

The engineers called this morning and replaced the LNB so now we are sorted.

I've often thought about cancelling Sky, but have come to the conclusion it's like a drug....

LottieA3 said:
Well let me tell you a little story about Sky. I wrote a Thank you letter to Sky a year ago and unbeknown to me they had halved my sky bill as a thank you for my thank you letter. I was paying for the full package and they made the bill £21.50 for 12 months. TWELVE MONTHS GUYS! How cool is that? Well anyway I have now cut it down to the £15 package a month because like you Steve I have a lot of DVD's, so now I get like all the comedy channels and sports with the free regular channels and only pay the £15. The cost they charge for movies is the same as a DVD store anyway.:blahblah1:

What did you thank them for??