Sky Surf Talk See

beaker

Reaction score
Anyone got this package? It seems like a really good deal. £26 all in for basic Sky, free evening/weekend calls and 8mb broadband. Thinking about going for it as my current BT Yahoo broadband is £22 alone.

Any comments on service/speed etc in relation to the Sky broadband would be helpful.

I just recently switched over to their broadband offerring - I was "promised" a maximum downtime of 24 hours that transpired to be 10 days!

They use their own pre-configured routers and the first one they sent me was faulty.

I have had no problems since.

If you subscribed to them as a sky+ customer then you don't really benefit from this package as they charge you £10 a month for having the box if you dont have the sports or movies package!

does it not work with any router? I've just recently got a netgear wireless 108mbps adsl router. I wouldnt want to switch if the sky version was slower.

I believe their is a way of fooling it but they have hard coded their routers with some unique identifier to stop people using their own equipment.

Try this forum http://www.skyuser.co.uk/

Thanks for that. I've checked and I'm pretty sure Sky is just using a badged version of the netgear anyhow. Only difference is mine is the rangemax version. Not sure if I'll notice.

Don't do it. Sky technical are an absolute sham (very insider knowledge) The broadcast arm are spot on..... but god what a bunch of cowboys the IT arm are. Everyone seems to be a contractor and hardly anybody knows what they are doing.

You're in for a lot of outages if you're on a sky IT package. Put it this way every project that gets finished always seems to have a stablization project following it.

I'm signed up and loving connecting at 10Mbps :drool: The Sky router is a rebranded NetGear one; no complaints with ours yet. It's true it's all preconfigured but a quick call to Sky got us the admin password so you can go in and change all the settings anyway. Personally, I think the preconfiguration is a good idea because it's literally plug and go and the wireless security was all set up.

I don't think you can get the package without the router. You could always flog it on eBay.

the 10mb doesnt but the other do!