Sky+ PLANNER?

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
Hi folks , quick question regarding my Sky+ planner , after the the clocks going forward my planner seams to be showing a hour differance ,
IE tonight im taping prison break , now its on at 10pm , but my sky is showing 9pm????????????
BUT it seams to be working ok?????????? is there a internal clock u need to change?

yep, mine is doing the same. very stange but it is working ok.

I thought it picked the time up from from the phone line, or are you some of those naughty people who only plug it in when you want to book a movie?

Mine kills broadband when plugged in so no, I am naughty. Time is in the satellite feed.

You'll be getting nasty letters from sky then.
I thought it was in the feed but how can it be wrong on other peoples boxes?
Wierd.
I also thought it was transmitted down the mains supply in the UK, but maybe I dreamt that.

IIRC, you only need to keep the digibox connected to the phone lne for the first year under the contract.

Well I've had mine for about 6 years and they still send me snotty letters if I unplug it.
It's because there are ways round the pay per view process by connecting a device to the box instead of the phone line which fools the box into thinking it's connected, so you don't get charged.
However if you then reconnect your box to the phone line it'll tell sky about every transaction made and then you'll get a pretty hefty bill.

[ QUOTE ]
Well I've had mine for about 6 years and they still send me snotty letters if I unplug it.
It's because there are ways round the pay per view process by connecting a device to the box instead of the phone line which fools the box into thinking it's connected, so you don't get charged.
However if you then reconnect your box to the phone line it'll tell sky about every transaction made and then you'll get a pretty hefty bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for the head up, Andymac.

mine kills the broadband too, i have tried differnt combinations of filters etc, but no good. I tend to plug it in now and aain and hope they happen to send the call home signal when its plugged in

I had sky for 4 years, sky+ for 3 months and not had a problem yet, although I here they do write to people about this.

Mawhitey is yours a Pace PVR3 too?

Yeah i thinks o,its the one with the larger HDD etc, i cant get to the back to see the label, the wires are two short,lol

Apparently two filters in series for the box connection will work, not that I have bothered to try yet!

Well my B/B is connected throu the the same BT plug as the sky+(always connected) and the phone and no problems (so far!)

the planner is re-set its self! so all is well weird , sky must be just slow at sending up-date to box

sky only send snotty letters after the first 12 months if you have a multi room subscription. a one off sky subscription is ok you own the equipment.
The reason for multi room is that you are getting a reduced cost service and a requirement of the contract to recieve the reduction is that your connected all the time.

PS: add a broadband filter to your sky line connection this solves the problem with the cutting broadband out. All connections to the phone system must have these in order not to disrupt the broadband signals.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif