Sky freesat problem!

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Helloooooooo there my techical helpers! I have a few problems which i wish somebody would help me with.. Im back from uni for the summer and i thought i'd put my tv up in my room and connect freesat in my room. I had a spare box lying about from when i upgraded to HD. Anyway, i've wired it up into my room and it worked for sometime before recieving the "no satalite signal" message which by this point i checked all the cables. No fault that i could see!! After, i switched the box off and restarted it, and it would not switch on! the red power button is on but it wont turn on! I tried that backup reset and that wont even work!! I researched on the net that its a common problem to ageing amstrad boxes!!

Anyway i need a new one now and since i only have one wire going to the dish, i might aswel just get a normal box but theres three aint there? Pace, amstrad and thompson. I was told to stay away from the pace one, and the amstrad one but the thompson one has minor issues too. My question - are there any other good ones available? I seen that the pace DS340N is a good one but im no expert in this.. Any help on which box to choose? And if anybody has one for sale in good nick and a relatively good one, i'd love to know!

Many thanks!

Gops!:thumbsup:

Hey G, if you are talking about a Sky+ box, I would go for the PACE one, I have one of those and in all the time I had it, I didnt have any probs at all, probably had to do 1 maybe 2 resets, that was just due to REALLY bad weather.

They were one of the original box makers for Sky and with Sky+ apparently they pulled their finger out and made their box more superior than the others.

Out of interest, how much are these boxes going for nowadays??

Hey nilz! Nah its just the normal sky box. Mine is the amstrad DRX550 that i had lying about. I found a fix on the internet which included soldering onto the main board and tried it but no luck as half the stuff i just guessed. Pace ones are meant to be wicked and i would get a sky+ box but i onlly wired up one wire instead of the two i needed. I seen a sky+ pace box going for £35 on ebay. A normal digibox pace would be about 25

Mate, just ask some family members that have upgraded to HD or Sky+, surely they will have an old box lying around that you could use. :)

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, just been back and forth to kingston moving alll of my stuff back! What model is it mark and is it sky specific? Could you PM me some details and however much you want for it :) Much appriciated! Just got my sky freesat viewing card today! bummer i cant even use it! :(

Dude how did u get the freesat viewing card, did you just ring them and ask for it??

Is it free??

I rang sky and they just send it to you!! It did cost £25 and lasts for 3 years i think. I told them i wired it up myself and needed a viewing card and they sent it to me! It's good to have in your bedroom if you dont have multiroom!