Sky abroad

beaker

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to access Sky from the USA? Thinking of a possible move but can't live without the SPL and premiership. US sports are not the same.

Cant comment about whether the signal is broadcast over north america but Sky can be picked up where I am (southern iraq).

Another thing, Sky basically have the rights to broadcast what they are showing in the UK only, if you want to subscribe to them you will have to have your card sent to a UK address else they either cut you off or cancel your subscription or just dont let you start a subscription for their service.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/digifaq2.htm#usa

Might help. (but on further reading probably wont)

No there is no coverage in the states, you can barely get it in some places in Europe even with a 2m dish!

Balls, looks like I'll need to find another way.

Could stream the premiership games over a broadband connection via chinese cable tv with an app like pplive.

Web cam might be taking things to extremes.

There has to be a satellite channel over there that shows european sports, hopefully british football.

ESP usually show live English and scottish matches ( have the last few times we have been to Dominican Republic ) and guess what its sky sports you just dont get the half time commentary bits

Celtic, and never thought of that. I guess there's a good chance.

'Mon the Hoops!

The USA sky/ cable equivilant sums up yank planks for you, about 300 channels devoted to Movies, 2 channels for news and ESP for sport.

I ended up wtahcing BBC America and had to watch changing rooms and antiques road show just to feel normal.

If you like the crudy game of American Football or baseball then youre sorted ;o)

Another option would be http://www.livefootballonline.com/ they show all Setanta games and a fair selection of Premiership and European games for about a fiver a year. I've been using it for a while and quite happy with the service except for most of the mods being Blue noses

Andy, sounds great. Cheers for that. Think I might get hold of that while I'm here.

Just read the prices and they're up to £15 for the year but still worth it IMO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

has anyone got any experience with picking up channels from other satellites??

i`m forever seeing dishes pointed over towards the middle east and cant help feeling jealous they are watching live prem games at 3pm on a saturday!!!!!