SKODA OCTAVIA VRS NOT STARTING

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Reaction score
orite all? quick question my brothers octavia vrs battery went flat started it again and imobiliser light flashs and car doesnt start. whats the best way around this problem? the car keeps on getting flat had a new battery. main this is how do we get it started cuz the imobiliser light stays on cant go no where.

sounds like the key has lost its memory sort of thing with battery going flat...sure there is a trick to sort it through opening the car with the key in the drivers door and holding it in the open position but will have a look about and get back to you to make sure

Cheers

cheers rev head! other wise main stealers will give a heavy bill worse thing is wen my bro brought the car 2nd hand the immobiliser 4 digit keyring didnt come with the car. let you know what happens thanks again mate! :salute:

The best way to see why the battery keeps going flat is to disconnect the live side and connect an ammeter between the battery post and the live terminal wire, this will show the current draw (do not try and start the car or put the ignition on) pull then replace the fuses from the fusebox one at a time until the load being pulled drops, this will be the circuit causing the problem.

problem solved the idiots who installed my bros headunit didnt connect it proper so had a leak in the connection caused the battery to die and immobilsor to kick in. dealers got the 4 digit code cuz we didnt have when we brought the car 2nd hand. so far so good now except for the rough idoling and a wheel bearing which is being replaced.