Skoda Inner CV Joint on B5 S4 - HELP!

pilla

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a good cv boot and some new inner cv bolts from the scrappers today, Also the inner cv retaining circlip as mine didnt have one, upon cleaning, re-greasing and fitting of the new boot, i realise my inner cv joint protrudes above the circlip fastening recess - Having searched the part number, it turns out it is an inner cv joint off a golf/skoda - So i was wondering, A - Does anybody have the correct inner cv joint they would like to sell - Or B - Can i recess a couple of millimeters off the center piece/inner cradle to allow the circlip to be fitted?

Pic for reference. thanks everyone :)

20170519_181302_zps5abqjcwt.jpg

In fact looking at that picture again, recessing is out of the question - Anybody got one to sell?

Probably not much help but J & R sell joints at very sensible prices or maybe Jason from All German parts may be able to source one.

Andy

Reactions: pilla
There are a few crossovers you can use. For instance the front inner joints are the same as FWD 1.8T A4's, which are common and cheap new.

Thanks for the input AndyB5.

Hi Kev, there was no belville washer or cone, this is how its come from dubbers sports - An S4 shaft with a Skoda Inner Cv joint thrown on - Am i best just buying a new one ?

Kev, is it true FWD B5's run 108mm inner cv joints? If so, can i fit the one from the scrappers off the 2.5tdi fwd that i got the cv boot off?

Last edited:
The belville washer and plastic piece is on the other side of the CV.

you cant use 2.5tdi bits i dont think, they run 130mm tripod inners.

Its not worth ******* about with when a new joint is about 30quid...

Reactions: pilla
Ok, i thought they were around 80 quid, so you mean the belville washer and cone is on the outer cv and not the inner one?

hmm i cant actually rmember now lol

The outer definitely has the cone and washer. Maybe the inner doesnt have it.

Infact yep, looking at ETKA it doesnt.