Site slower today?

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have noticed the site is slower today, noticed it earlier, when posting seems to sit there spinning round working for while for most posts I make, then it posts ok, but there is a noticeable delay before it writes to the site.

Maybe upgrade has slowed it down, although it does work fine overall.

Adverts seem to slow the site a little. Just need to tweek the setting a little. Server load is going a little high as well so we migh be getting hit again by the french :)

A

I'll be sure to flush the bog when flying over them saturday evening :)

Again site seems slower today, any changes been done mate?

Whereabouts are you Nige? it's ok here..

straight after posting that ^^^ t'was a wee slow....

Admittedly not in UK atm, but all other sites are relatively quick today.

For me the site has been slowish for weeks. Its not stupid slow, but definitely takes longer to load than almost all other sites/forums I use. As I said, been like this for a while now.

This site is the slowest I use daily, 3-4 secs for the page to react and don't start me on the responce time on the Iphone browser.
I get used to click and open everywhere, on here it's click..............................I'll have a think first.......................oh go on, here!!

Isn't it obvious why the site is slow Nige? Everyone is too busy clicking the 'thanks' button to your posts!! :laugh:

Nah its the server side script I bribed someone to add to get my thanks count so high, its like google adwords, thanks per click :p

Its damn slow tbh, posting takes allot longer, edit post takes a while, spins round for ages, even the icons load slowly

Last edited:
Hi all

I have been looking at this one for a week trying to see why the site was getting slower. I think I have made it a little better. can you let me know..

many thanks

A

Ok that sat there thinking for a few seconds spinning round before it decided to post.

Not near as quick as before tbh mate, was pretty much instant.

So is it just the posting that is slow or the whole site? there seems to be a few little things that are slowing it down and google is one of them :)

A

In general, although it maybe minimally quicker today, but probably not noticeable to most.

The biggest speed issue i've noticed is when browsing the forum on my iphone's safari browser. Used to be nice and quick, but now its slow as hell, sometimes even unresponsive. Also double posting is now a problem on it.

I have just this moment updated to Firefox 4, the site is now superfast!

You're dreaming mate its no faster & I'd say its maybe a tad slower than IE atm & this is with FF 4 aswell.