Single Grill Conversion Done....V6 S3 Hybrid!!! pic heavy

What a ****** nice car Sarah, and to see that you've got your hands dirty too!! Good on ya! :)

Cheers for that, really appreciated. I like to get my hands dirty lol! Still loads to do to him but will have to wait til next summer now.

just seen your thread Sarah, top job!

No not at the moment. Spent too much getting him to Oz. Am hoping to get a FBMFSW in the near future. Am still trying to find an Aussie sat nav disc too lol

ebay for the sat nav disk ?? oz has an ebay doesnt it ? , are you all sorted now for driving your motor in oz now any cool pics of your motor too i need my ozzy fix lol

Yeah theres an Aussie Ebay but they dont come up often. Prices for things on the Oz Ebay is high! Its strange. (just looked on UK Ebay and what im after is £40 about $60 but on Ebay AU its $180!!!) Will do some good pics soon now I have the plates on and able to enjoy driving him about. Feels good too. WAnting to try to get him on the beach to do some pics lol....

Last edited:
Make sure those Holden's don't kick sand in his lights :)

Yeah theres an Aussie Ebay but they dont come up often. Prices for things on the Oz Ebay is high! Its strange. (just looked on UK Ebay and what im after is £40 about $60 but on Ebay AU its $180!!!) Will do some good pics soon now I have the plates on and able to enjoy driving him about. Feels good too. WAnting to try to get him on the beach to do some pics lol....
ouch $180 thats a bit harsh , yeah get some pics up :)

I have a few questions for you sarah as i want to do the same conversion you have done on my car, how did you know how much to cut the bumper reinforcer bar by? is it easier to buy an s3 one and bolt that on? How did you stop the exhaust pipe from looking like it has disappeared into the bumper as i have read that the s3 rear bumper does not go in as much at the bottom, were the front fogs a straight swap or was there wiring work required?

Chris

Very nice A3 Sarah! Like the fact that you are not scared to chop and modify your A3 to meet your taste. Looks great, well done! :)

Finally found this thread Sarah! Top conversion job.

Parts here in Oz is $$$$$$!!!

You should've loaded up your container with Audi parts when you moved here and sold them to us lol.

Finally found this thread Sarah! Top conversion job.

Parts here in Oz is $$$$$$!!!

You should've loaded up your container with Audi parts when you moved here and sold them to us lol.

Hey thanks. I enjoyed doing it tbh.

I know!!! If I had known what the prices were like over here I would have tried to bring stuff over. Crazy crazy prices here. Its still cheaper to buy some stuff in the UK and pay postage, how daft is that!!!!

Whats worse is second hand values here lol, I've never known prices be sooooo high! I should have brought some old Audis over lol.

So where abouts are you over here???

Hey thanks. I enjoyed doing it tbh.

I know!!! If I had known what the prices were like over here I would have tried to bring stuff over. Crazy crazy prices here. Its still cheaper to buy some stuff in the UK and pay postage, how daft is that!!!!

Whats worse is second hand values here lol, I've never known prices be sooooo high! I should have brought some old Audis over lol.

So where abouts are you over here???

Yep. You would have noticed that a lot of members in ozaudi Source parts from everywhere except Aus!!!

I'm in Cairns, Queensland. How about you?

Yep. You would have noticed that a lot of members in ozaudi Source parts from everywhere except Aus!!!

I'm in Cairns, Queensland. How about you?

Yeah I noticed that over on OzAudi. Got some help from that site just before we arrived.

We are in Perth. Quite cut off over here and they seem to have a few of their own laws on pricing!!! Hey ho, will never be rich lol

Hello all
I really neead your help, please.
I want to convert a pre-facelift A3 2004 (with double grill) to S3, single-frame. I bought from ebay a used S3 2008 bumper, but along with the bonnet and fog lamps, I have to change or modify the reinforcement bar :((. Can someone help me with information regarding the exact size that must be cut from reinforcment bar so that S3 bumper fits?
Ala1S3

Thank you!

When I did mine, I used an angle grinder to take off approx. 20mm high tapering off to nothing. Worked fine.

hope no one mind be asking , i have a 2003 pre facelift split grill a3 , i want to change to a s3 bumper but i will have to change both wings aswell as bonnet and crash bar . is this correct ?

Hi, I have recently bought a 2007 s3 front bumper and bonnet for my 04 a3 3.2 v6. Just wanted to know how to fit the headlight washers to my existing washer bottle. Thanks for the help.

No turbo yet...... Thats next on my list

Just wanted to know how to get the headlight washers working with my new s3 bumper.

I was on about sarah's v6 lol, but what turbi are you going for ?