Single DIN OEM options

funkyr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 05 (8P) A3 and it comes with a single DIN concert (see attached pic).

What other OEM options can I change this to? (Not looking at after market at this stage). Is there any single DIN that comes with MP3 compatibility?

I'm guessing a double DIN isnt going to fit?

attachment.php

i'm guessing you have a chorus. the only option is the concert II. my understanding is that the chorus only came with 2 front speakers or something tho so to get the most out of it you might wanna look at aftermarket speakers at least.

in regards to double DIN, no it won't fit but you can swap your centre console and the cage you need is readily available on eBay. just look for anyone breaking an A3. all models after about '07 came with double DIN units so they're fairly easy to find. it's not a small job tho. have a look around the forum because there's guides and stuff kicking around. you'll also need to get a new climate control unit or trim your current one to fit so defos not for the faint of heart.

finally, there's a company in bradford who'll install you an OEM nav system and get all the double DIN stuff in for you for around £800 so that's another option.

good luck and post photos with your progress.

Thanks! Found the instructions for a single to double din conversion - looks like a fair bit of work...

The stereo says 'Audi Concert' so I guess it's a concert II.... the stock stereo and speakers aren't very good :(

right well depending on how much money you have available the first port of call would be better speakers i reckon. then when you have a bit more cash consider swapping for RNS-E. there's no point in an intermediate step. it's gonna cost you the same money and you won't get nav at the end of it.

RNS-E on ebay goes for around GBP400... hmmm...

i've heard RNS-E does give you slightly better quality. subjective, i know, but at least you can be fairly certain it's not gonna be any worse

RNSe won't get you any better quality, same feeble spec as the Concert.
A touch jaded, are we? ;)

RNS-E is 4-channel plus sub.

If he's go the 2-channel and no sub, I'd say that going NAV and adding the rears and subs will make a transformational difference.

...but what do I know?