SIM card not recognised on MMI Nav Plus

ohare

Reaction score
Cannot get my Audi Connect to work on 2016 S3, I had it working OK about a year ago. Then stopped working as as licences expired. I have now got my free 1yr renewal from Audi Connect services, the EE data SIM card is live, I checked it in a tablet.

The unit will not recognised the SIM card so cannot go any further to do setup. I have gone into Tel and set data services on. There are some threads on the net about this problem but no definite answer.
I have not reset the MMI. There is also talk on the net about the "green menu". Has anyone solved this one..

PS. Is this the best place to post this on the Forum.

If you have put in an extra SIM card then the system will default to use that for all data including Audi connect devices and hotspot/WiFi if you have this too. To use the Audi provided Connect services without the SIM card then I think you have to take out the sim card you have put in. If you go to connection manager then you should be able to specify what you do with each connection but I’m pretty sure that if you put in a sim then it means that all data come off that.

Questions to fault find:

1. Does Audi connect work without your extra sim put in? If it does then why are you putting one in?
2. Does the EE SIM card have data loaded to it?

If you have put in an extra SIM card then the system will default to use that for all data including Audi connect devices and hotspot/WiFi if you have this too. To use the Audi provided Connect services without the SIM card then I think you have to take out the sim card you have put in. If you go to connection manager then you should be able to specify what you do with each connection but I’m pretty sure that if you put in a sim then it means that all data come off that.

Questions to fault find:

1. Does Audi connect work without your extra sim put in? If it does then why are you putting one in?
2. Does the EE SIM card have data loaded to it?

I was not aware you could configure the MMI to use Audi Connect Services using a Bluetoothed phone connection.
The EE card worked in my iPad

That’s not what i am saying. You cannot do what you suggested. Where is the SIM card now? In the MMI? If it is then ALL data is being used from there, but you need to configure it from the connection manager in the MMI. If it isn’t in the MMI then maps and so on are using Audi connect ie: in built sim.

That’s not what i am saying. You cannot do what you suggested. Where is the SIM card now? In the MMI? If it is then ALL data is being used from there, but you need to configure it from the connection manager in the MMI. If it isn’t in the MMI then maps and so on are using Audi connect ie: in built sim.

SIM card is in the MMI but no icons comes up along the bottom of the display to show any connectivity. It is like the MMI unit does not recognise the SIM card is inserted.

SIM card is in the MMI but no icons comes up along the bottom of the display to show any connectivity. It is like the MMI unit does not recognise the SIM card is inserted.

Try a different Sim card. Three ones I've always found to be ok. EE I have had problems with.

Try a different Sim card. Three ones I've always found to be ok. EE I have had problems with.

I have just tried a 3 data SIM that I tested on an iPad. MMI still does not recognise the card. I have not tried a MMI reset yet.
I have found threads that suggest this unit can fail.

If it's any help, I've tried a 3 sim in mine and it worked fine. No configuration required either.

When I put the sim in, the Audi LTE signal bars disappeared, and a couple of minutes later the 3 bars appeared, not LTE, cant remember if it was 3G or 4G though.

Are you putting it in right?
A lot of SIM cards have multiple sizes with sleeves clipped into more sleeves and don’t sit right if they are in the bigger holders so the mmi unit might not be making the right contact with sim.

The sim slot often goes defective in the a3....

Hey, any updates on this issue? I experience the same problem. I have tried with several sim cards but none of them worked. First time I insert the sim, the connection icon appears for a few seconds and after that it disappears. Not sure what I could do more. It is very frustrating. I have MMI navigation plus on an Audi A6 from 2017

Hey, any updates on this issue? I experience the same problem. I have tried with several sim cards but none of them worked. First time I insert the sim, the connection icon appears for a few seconds and after that it disappears. Not sure what I could do more. It is very frustrating. I have MMI navigation plus on an Audi A6 from 2017

You may need to register the sim in a phone first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am having the same issue, I bought a three Paygo SIM and with a lot of faff I got an account created and the SIM activated, but it still doesn’t find it. Any ideas?

Same issue here. Tried EE and Virgin SIMs. Been in touch with DJAlix, seems to be a relatively common fault of the SIM reader. Unit basically stuffed for traffic updates but other functions okay.