Silver paint code for RS4 grille

ANDY2.0

Reaction score
Just picked up a genuine RS4 grille. Perfect condition except the surround can do with a repaint. Its a satin brushed look as standard. Does anyone know the correct colour code?

Grille

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ
Parts only show the complete assembly and call it "Bright", the other option is the black .

mine is very similar to the roof bars, and s4 mirror covers, even matches my alloys :yes:

IMG 1871

Reactions: ANDY2.0
I may have a lead on the silver surround colour. We have an rs4 in at work so i will spectro( colour match a shade) and let you know. I relly fancy doing mine now!

Evening Alex, any joy with the paint code etc.

The beast is in the shop ready for paint tomorrow so will get it then and let you chaps know.

I didnt realise that the roof bars and window trims are also painted to match the grille surround. Im planning on getting my surround painted in the silver and my spare mirror caps too, so will see how it all looks.

Alex

I may have a lead on the silver surround colour. We have an rs4 in at work so i will spectro( colour match a shade) and let you know. I relly fancy doing mine now!

That would be great. Or as close as you can to the original colour :)

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Ive started to sand down the surround. Appears to be chrome/metal under the factory paint. Not decided what to do with it yet.

Ive started to sand down the surround. Appears to be chrome/metal under the factory paint. Not decided what to do with it yet.

I was shocked to find that the surround is properly chomed plastic not a cheap wrap, id just like another chrome surround thats not destroyed!

The paint colour for the rs4 surround came out at 800c standard shade of silver

Is there a method of taking the surround off without snapping tabs?

yes indeedy, very carefully.
To be honest Andy there is no real easy way , just which ever way works best for you.
The tangs are quiet strong but will snap if you are heavy handed with them, I've performed the surround removal a good few times and it doesn't get any easier frankly, just work carefully around the edges carefully releasing the tangs , sometimes the use of a small lever to help stop the tangs locking again helps as you work around the surround fixings.
If you get it off without breaking one or two your doing really well , if you do its not a massive issues as there are plenty of them to hold the two parts together.

good luck chap, and may the force be with you ….:yes: