Silicone TIP hose

Plunky

Reaction score
Hi, i've done a search and havnt really found what i'm looking for.
Are their any cheapish TIPs out there like the autobahn88 ones i have seen in some of the previous older threads? as i feel £135 is a bit much for a forge item!!
Looking for one for an AGU engine.

Cheers

Liam

Their are a few on ebay that are cheaper. I do agree they are expensive for what they are.

Sfs are only around 90 quid and in my opinion are well worth it.

Lyntonius let us know what the quality and fitment is if you do get that one

I bought one from Sfs well worth the price for £100 delivered.

does sfs actually do one for the agu 1.8t engine?
can anyone send me a link :)

i fitted an ebay jobbie and fitted spot on. and the pipe felt ALOT more sturdy than the old flimsey pipe defo worth the money

Bump!

So, are the Autobahn88 ones any good, i.e a lot more rigid than the standard one? I've got £70 in my PayPal account and feel like treating myself to a bit of silicone before a remap in the new year.
Cheers!

from what I've seen the autobahn ones are actually not too bad. I've got a forge one, but only because it was cheap!

Also Liam, if you can find one cheaper, you can use the TIP from an AUM or ARZ, it just has one extra tiny hole you need to plug with an 8 or 10mm bung from forge.

My TIP was originally an AGU item, fitted to an AUQ with an extra hole cut into it, which I then filled back in using a 10mm bung and some silicon sealent, only cost me £40 I seem to recall, so there are second hand bargains out there to be had.

I had an Autobahn TIP when I had my K04, was absolutely fine. Forge ones have a slightly better finish but bang for buck you can't fault the Autobahn ones IMO...

<tuffty/>

Forge all the way, you know your getting quality every time. Fitted mine on Thursday and I'm happy with it.

Nothing would be gained from fitting this item it just wont turn itself inside out, also took out the N249 which definately made a difference.

Some people have hinted at more reliable boost/faster spool up (on a maped car)?

The collapsing must cause loss of power?

I'll only be buying one if there is abit of a performance increase

I took my N249 off and now my car holds 21PSI instead of 19PSI because the valve isn't able to release any pressure. But the problem I now have is I beleive the tip is collapsing due to the added pressure, my VCDS graphs actually show a decrease in bhp due to it but better torque before the pipe collapses.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, a tip might not give you an increase of powere/performance but it'll stop you from loosing any.

Cool, i like the sound of this N249 removal, tell me more...?

Have a look in the "how to" setion on this forum and there's a guide by welly. I followed that. The N249 let's the ECU open the dump valve to release pressure caused by boost spikes/surges. It's pretty pointless on a mapped car where you've turned up the boost!